Green Bulldogs (5-2) @ Perry Panthers (2-5)

Bull GreenDog

This Week 8 matchup brings together two teams whose playing styles are about as different as any two teams could possibly be, with the Bulldogs running a prolific 5-wide passing attack and Perry running their wing-T ground-and-pound offense. Green has won their last two games to get to 5 wins, but Perry is better than their 2-5 record. Make no mistake about it, this one could go either way.

Looking for a great contest tonight. Hopefully we aren’t dodging thunderstorm delays.
Except for the Jackson and Hoover games, with any luck at all the Panthers could be 5-2, but they aren’t and penalties inside their opponents 15 yard line, like false starts on third and fourth & ones, and holding calls, along with turnovers have proved costly this season. Very un-Perry like. The JV’s and freshman are enjoying one loss seasons so far, so contrary to what some may think, the demise of the Panthers in the future is highly exaggerated.
Hope the game is injury free and 95% of the time it always comes down to the fundamentals. Who blocks and tackles better, third down efficiency on offense and conversely getting stops on third down, turnovers and special teams.

Congrats on the win to Green. The score probably should’ve been 42-0 but it was still a blowout victory nonetheless. I know this may not be what some of the Perry faithful want to hear, but Slates needs to go. Perry couldn’t even run their “famed” wing-t offense tonight and Slates’ game plan was about as predictable as it gets. Green is a pass heavy team but Perry was getting blown off the ball on both sides. Easily the worst Perry team in at least a decade. Im convinced the 2013 0-10 Panthers would beat this team. Coaching is awful.

You know what? Weightroom matters! Making tackles matter! Getting first downs matter! And most of all…playing your best players matter! Oh and did I mention weightroom matters!! Come on man!

Congrats on the win to Green. The score probably should’ve been 42-0 but it was still a blowout victory nonetheless. I know this may not be what some of the Perry faithful want to hear, but Slates needs to go. Perry couldn’t even run their “famed” wing-t offense tonight and Slates’ game plan was about as predictable as it gets. Green is a pass heavy team but Perry was getting blown off the ball on both sides. Easily the worst Perry team in at least a decade. Im convinced the 2013 0-10 Panthers would beat this team. Coaching is awful.
Agreed!

Hopefully those players from JV and freshman teams stay at Perry. Wouldn’t be surprised if they go elsewhere. It’s been known to happen. Unfortunate, but possible.
I certainly hope not. The "L" stands for loyalty. Perry will be in the playoffs next year. First year coach, sophmore qb, no receivers over 6 feet tall. We looked small in comparison to Green. I saw some fire with the defensive coach and Slates. Maybe play the youth like Wake did on the 0-10 season. The qb is improving with each game. I can ramble on. Give him some time.

Looking for a great contest tonight. Hopefully we aren’t dodging thunderstorm delays.
Except for the Jackson and Hoover games, with any luck at all the Panthers could be 5-2, but they aren’t and penalties inside their opponents 15 yard line, like false starts on third and fourth & ones, and holding calls, along with turnovers have proved costly this season. Very un-Perry like. The JV’s and freshman are enjoying one loss seasons so far, so contrary to what some may think, the demise of the Panthers in the future is highly exaggerated.
Hope the game is injury free and 95% of the time it always comes down to the fundamentals. Who blocks and tackles better, third down efficiency on offense and conversely getting stops on third down, turnovers and special teams.

The demise of the Panthers has definitely NOT been highly exaggerated.

I certainly hope not. The "L" stands for loyalty. Perry will be in the playoffs next year. First year coach, sophmore qb, no receivers over 6 feet tall. We looked small in comparison to Green. I saw some fire with the defensive coach and Slates. Maybe play the youth like Wake did on the 0-10 season. The qb is improving with each game. I can ramble on. Give him some time.
Loyalty isn’t ingrained like in years past. I believe it’s mainly the parents who pack their kids up and leave. Don’t feel little Johnny is getting a fair shake. I’m hopeful the coaches regroup and get most out of these kids. Make the changes and end season with 2 wins.

I can't speak as to Slates' coaching abilities, but I was also struck by how dominant Green was at the line of scrimmage. For the last seven or so years Perry has based their identity on being more physical than their opponents, but they just didn't seem to have that same attitude tonight. Prior to this season, I believed Perry would be the hardest game on the schedule for just that reason. Something is missing for the Panthers, and Slates and his staff are going to need to find it this offseason or things might start spiraling.

I can't speak as to Slates' coaching abilities, but I was also struck by how dominant Green was at the line of scrimmage. For the last seven or so years Perry has based their identity on being more physical than their opponents, but they just didn't seem to have that same attitude tonight. Prior to this season, I believed Perry would be the hardest game on the schedule for just that reason. Something is missing for the Panthers, and Slates and his staff are going to need to find it this offseason or things might start spiraling.
Congrats to your Bulldogs BGD! In all honesty I thought that Perry would win this one but I will admit a skunk was nothing I saw coming! Anyhow good luck going the rest of the way!

Congrats to your Bulldogs BGD! In all honesty I thought that Perry would win this one but I will admit a skunk was nothing I saw coming! Anyhow good luck going the rest of the way!
Thank you and good luck to the Panthers as well! Tonight's win was especially enjoyable because it came against a program who has crushed us so many times in the past. I don't think Green has ever beaten Perry at football before. Reminds be of when we beat Jackson in basketball for the first time (maybe ever) back in 2018. Perry may be down this year, but that doesn't change the fact that the Panthers have been the football school in the Fed since Green joined. Any win over Perry is a big deal.

He’s had his chance. He’s proven each week he can’t coach. Terrible game plan, terrible coach. Time to move on
Was told by a very reliable source he wouldn’t allow the football players who where also basketball players, that the weren’t allowed to do very little basketball stuff in the spring and summer. This is wrong and it won’t turn out well if This football coach is All about himself. Good luck going forward.

Lol!

Changing from a HOF coach is a HUGE adjustment. I get that Slates was groomed but needing a season to adjust and settle in should be expected. Most games have been close and could have gone either way. Stay strong Perry.

Much like your absence of intellectual capacity.
Hey look, I get it, you can't accept that fact that my assessments of Perry's team have been 100% correct so you have to devolve into name calling. Tale as old as time.

To the Green poster above who said he couldn't believe the lack of physicality, did you watch Perry's last 2 games last year? They got DESTROYED on both lines. The question I keep asking, which Perry fans can't answer and instead have to change the discussion to who won a miracle football game, is who are the kids that show that promise that Perry is going to become physically dominant again? Apparently, they are hidden on the JV team for the time being.

Like me, I'm sure many others who read these threads have a vested interest in understanding what the other teams in R7 are like. It's a shame we can't ever get anything in these threads other than rose colored glasses homers who apparently have absolutely ZERO ability to rationally assess their own teams. But the truly hysterical part is how the laugh and laugh can call names when things are going good, but when they go bad, rather than saying "you were right", they have to get all defensive and double down on the name calling, despite the fact that my assessments are the ones that have been proven correct. Sad.

Perry has 21 seniors. Most have played under Wake 2 years. I think he made his exit knowing what this class had to offer. Unfortunate for Slates, but it was the hand he was dealt. If there are some tough underclassmen, then it’s time to get them on field Friday night.

Perry has 21 seniors. Most have played under Wake 2 years. I think he made his exit knowing what this class had to offer. Unfortunate for Slates, but it was the hand he was dealt. If there are some tough underclassmen, then it’s time to get them on field Friday night.
I think we would agree on that. fyi you do know that Perry has one of the nicest weight rooms in the county ?

Don't think it's funny poet, Our team, overall , is small. Not one receiver or DB is 6 foot tall. The qb is young , fast and improving. Before wake came back. We had one coach that was too nice and the other would only run the good RB until he got hurt. He was supposed to be so good but didn't even come down for the game films on the weekend. This arguing does not help. Give the coach time.