Golfers advance to States

sehs95

U.S. American
Golfers advance

The Golf team finished in first place at Disricts with a final score of 311. Ignatius, who was one of the favorites to win the state title, missed advancing by shooting a 329. The top three teams in each district advance. This will be the first appearance at States for the Eagle Golfers in over 10 years. Our top player is Jr. Blake Furgeson.

Good luck!

The Golf Coach's name is Bill Menz. I think he's been the coach for at least 3 years. I know he's an actual Golf guy (not sure on his PGA status, pro, assistant, etc) who gives lessons and instruction.

Blake Furgeson is a stud. As a freshman, he won a car in some tournament/closest to the hole deal but couldn't accept it since he was under 16. The best part is, he's only a junior. Go Eagles!!!

Excellent job by the golf team...way to go Eagles. And I might add that the Eagles won the sectional golf tournament, and will play in the districts next Wednesday or Thursday at Pine Hills. Hopefully from there we will qualify for the state tournament.

Thanks for correcting that EagleSE... I saw the article about University winning districts and going to states and assumed that DI districts were at the same time. I'm getting ahead of myself.

i've played w/ furgerson and the kid is a stud. he's a great player and a good kid. look for him to go low wherever he plays. best of luck to furgerson, gambrell, gray and the rest of the st. ed's team.

st eds did not make it out of the pine hills sectional. the 4 teams advancing were hudson, wooster, copley, and strongsville. furgerson did not make it out as an individual.

Wooster 317, Hudson 318, Copley 321 and Strongsville 322.

St.Ed's tied for 9th with Brunswick at 329.

Bill Menz is a PGA Pro. He has elevated the team for sure. I think Menz owns a driving range in Avon (although it may be up for sale).