GMC Week 2

Simpson with 134 yards on 15 carries tonight for Sycamore. Nebraska is apparently showing interest in him being a tailback.

Staudi big win. Congrats. in 2 weeks you already tied your win total from last year and sure those wont be the only wins either

With Brookhaven coming in, the D2 team that spanked us last year at Columbus, these kids better be looking for revenge! But it should be an interesting game coming up at Barnitz. Just hoping that Marshall has an off game but even then he could still be good enough to beat us single handed.

With Brookhaven coming in, the D2 team that spanked us last year at Columbus, these kids better be looking for revenge! But it should be an interesting game coming up at Barnitz. Just hoping that Marshall has an off game but even then he could still be good enough to beat us single handed.

Wait until you see Jalins stats for this game. You will be surprised.

On a scale of 1 to HOLY ****!!!!! how surprised will I be?

Not alot of yards. He only had 30 rush yds at half, but 3 passing TDs and 112 passing in first half. I lost the feed for end og game stats. I sure he broke a 100yds, but didnt have any big long runs. Passed more. He came out of game early in 4th qtr too I believe

Not alot of yards. He only had 30 rush yds at half, but 3 passing TDs and 112 passing in first half. I lost the feed for end og game stats. I sure he broke a 100yds, but didnt have any big long runs. Passed more. He came out of game early in 4th qtr too I believe

So you're saying he had a pretty average game? OK I thought you were going to say that he put up some career numbers.

Simpson with 134 yards on 15 carries tonight for Sycamore. Nebraska is apparently showing interest in him being a tailback.

The Aves dominated more than the stats show. The offense stopped themselves with three holding calls on their first three drives. it was only 6-0 when Coach Datillo let the offense know that the score should have been 21-0.

I don't recall ever being able to hear Coach Datillo from the stands but you could hear him then.

The Aves defense hasn't been tested yet but I can see them being 8-1 going into the Mason game.

GMC goes 7-3 again this week. Good stuff for the GMC

This is huge from a Harbin standpoint! Going 14 - 6 through the first two weeks means that there will be a lot of Harbin points for the top teams in the league.

There are FIVE undefeated teams in the GMC and Four 1 - 1 teams. Very solid start for a league that put FOUR teams into the playoffs last year. Colerain and Middletown must be licking their chops for league play to start.

This also supports what a lot of us have been saying over the years - there is nothing wrong with the GMC format of playing 7 league games as long as the conference wins their OOC games. I'm looking for at least 3 and maybe 4 GMC teams again making the playoffs this year.

dont you mean 8-2 for this week?? tallying it up i thought the only gmc teams to lose this week were hamilton and princeton?

Final
Mason 20
Lancaster 6

Sounds like Darryl Johnson and Mason's defense are ready for league play.
The Comets have allowed one touchdown in two games.

The Lancaster newspaper has a very good article on the game:

Darryl Johnson ran 30 times for 196 yards and three touchdowns...

"...he was running behind one of the biggest lines we’ve played against in some time. We came out and stopped him a little bit in the second half, but that line leaning on us took its toll...........He’s a good back,” Carpenter said. “He found the holes. He was good against us last year, obviously. But I think their line is much improved from what it was last year.”

"“I like the fact that we kicked two field goals. But we’re a Wing-T football team, and we need to score touchdowns.”

The Gales were held to 39 yards of offense in the second half. :hello:
Actually, they held Lancaster, who runs the Wing-T, to only 138 rushing yards and 200 total for the game.

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.co...on-20-6?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|p

http://www.gmcsports.com/fbGameStats.aspx?gameid=137900