112: Brian Luria(Mason) pin Kevin Leonhardt(Lak. West) 0:30
119: Jake Hammer(Colerain) dec. Jeremy Artrip(Mason) 9-7ot
125: Corey Selmon(Princeton) pin Jorge Gonzalez(Mason) 4:48
130: Ryan Miller(Lak. East) pin Nick Bloch(Lak. West) 1:58
135: Ty Davis(Lak. West) dec. Adam Sams(Fairfield) 2-0
140: Austin Sams(Fairfield) dec. LaTrell Davis(Middletown) 3-1

145: Jacob Mescher(Mason) dec. Jake Neyer(Fairfield) 2-0
152: Eoin Walden(Mason) dec. Ryan Lewis(Middletown) 3-1
160: Vinnie Bradberry(Lak. West) dec. Aaron Walden(Mason) 10-6 171: Christian Estes(Lak. West) pin Jake Suess(Mason) 4:00
189: Tyler Ray(Lak. East) dec. Ben Mather(Sycamore) 4-3
215: Logan Andriot(Oak Hills) maj. dec. Tyler Sandy(Fairfield) 9-1
285: Terrion Jackson(Hamilton) dec. Erich Myers(Mason) 9-2

THIRD
103: Greysun Barden(Fairfield) dec. Geoffrey Hill(Colerain) 5-4
112: Jacob Landers(Lak. East) dec. John Lynch(Sycamore) 11-4
119: Justin Brown(Lak. East) dec. Ty Rose(Middletown) 8-3
125: Domnice Day(Fairfield) dec. Shane Jenkins(Lak. East) 12-5
130: Jesse Gorsek(Mason) pin Brad Huber(Sycamore) 0:34
135: Jacob Globke(Middletown) pin Gage Asher(Hamilton) 4:27
140: Kyle McIntyre(Mason) dec. Louie Allen(Lak. West) 6-2
145: Jeryd Wilder(Princeton) dec. Andrew Globke(Middletown) 5-1
152: Dylan Lauffer(Fairfield) dec. Jamie Keesling(Lak. West) 10-8
160: Ryan Fitzpatrick(Oak Hills) dec. Desmond Hall(Middletown) 3-1
171: Tegray Scales(Colerain) dec. Dan Rickert(Sycamore) 8-2
189: Zack Powell(Colerain) maj. dec. Pablo Ramirez(Hamilton) 11-3
215: Danielle Tedoldi(Mason) pin Tinashe Bere(Sycamore) 1:36
285: Tim Bowman(Lak. East) dec. Lemont Bohanon(Fairfield) 7-2

CONSI SEMI
103: Geoffrey Hill(Colerain) dec. Drew Phillips(Lak. West) 3-1ot
Greysun Barden(Fairfield) maj. dec. Tanner Strickland(Sycamore) 13-5
112: Jacob Landers(Lak. East) dec. Max Meddings(Fairfield) 5-2
John Lynch(Sycamore) pin Sam Feldman(Colerain) 1:29
119: Justin Brown(Lak. East) pin Alex Grieco(Oak Hills) 3:33
Ty Rose(Middletown) dec. Matt Reynolds(Lak. West) 6-3
125: Shane Jenkins(Lak. East) maj. dec. Josh Bowling(Middletown) 14-5
Domnice Day(Fairfield) dec. Austin Cox(Colerain) 7-3
130: Brad Huber(Sycamore) dec. Dylan Anderson(Fairfield) 4-1
Jesse Gorsek(Mason) pin Duncan Plvan(Princeton) 0:18
135: Jacob Globke(Middletown) dec. Fayez Jamous(Mason) 7-4
Gage Asher(Hamilton) dec. Luke Neville(Oak Hills) 9-8
140: Kyle McIntyre(Mason) maj. dec. Caleb Whitcomb-Dixon(Sycamore) 8-0
Louie Allen(Lak. West) maj. dec. Kendall Sorrells(Princeton) 11-2
145: Andrew Globke(Middletown) tech. fall Detuan Smith(Colerain) 16-1
Jeryd Wilder(Princeton) dec. Daniel Helton(Lak. East) 10-3
152: Jamie Keesling(Lak. West) dec. Nick Depeel(Princeton) 3-2
Dylan Lauffer(Fairfield) dec. Robby Gillespie(Colerain) 10-4
160: Desmond Hall(Middletown) dec. Taft Maness(Lak. East) 9-3
Ryan Fitzpatrick(Oak Hills) dec. Cortez Burton(Colerain) 7-0
171: Dan Rickert(Sycamore) dec. Jacob Burton(Lak. East) 6-1
Tegray Scales(Colerain) dec. Mike Plunkett(Fairfield) 7-5
189: Zack Powell(Colerain) maj. dec. Justin Sizemore(Fairfield) 11-2
Pablo Ramirez(Hamilton) dec. Brian McCrea(Mason) 8-3
215: Tinashe Bere(Sycamore) dec. Johnny Detherage(Lak. East) 7-2
Danielle Tedoldi(Mason) pin Evan Inman(Colerain) 1:55
285: Lemont Bohanon(Fairfield) pin Bobby Dennis(Oak Hills) 4:28
Tim Bowman(Lak. East) pin Seante Lackey(Sycamore) 4:18

GMC Coach of the year -- Jim Lehman (Lakota East)

GMC Wrestler of the year -- Ty Davis (Lakota West)

Ramirez will not win @ 89. He was beat Thursday night by Ray from East. Ray had some setbacks early but I think he is gonna surprise quite a few folks.

As I predicted Ray wins, Ramirez looked sluggish I don't know whats up there. Ray manhandled Powell, the final between Ray and Mather was quite a match as most of the finals were. From what I saw yesterday Ramirez doesn't get out of the sectionals.

GMC Coach of the year -- Jim Lehman (Lakota East)

GMC Wrestler of the year -- Ty Davis (Lakota West)

Curious as to how the Coach of the Year is determined.

No disrespect to Coach Lehman but his team finished in 4th place and by almost 100 points to the winning team.

Well Deserved by all

Both awards are voted on by head coaches. One vote per team for each award. Obviously, the majority of coaches thought Coach Lehman should be recognized for the work he has done.

Coach of the Year award shouldn't be confused with Team of the Year award. Mason has the best team this year. Their coaches and wrestlers were rewarded with the team title. Congrats to Mason, Coach Lehman & Ty Davis

Congrats to Coach Lehman and Ty Davis on their much deserved awards. And to Mason, who has had not only a dominant year, but seem to get better every time I see them. Best of luck to all in the coming weeks.

Coach Root

Here's my overview of the tourney...

103- Victoria (Mas) is on a roll here... barden (FF), Daly (LE), & Victoria all have a chance at making it out with victoria being a pretty sure lock while the other 2 are ?'s

112- Kowal (PRI) not wrestling changes this weight class.. heard he backed out because he was sick which is perfectly fine to get healthy with before sectionals... but made 112 weight class a lot easier with Luria (MAS) completely dominating all

119- the finals match.... :eek: WOW Artrip (MAS) up big and Hammer (COE) takes him down in ot to complete the comeback with a cradle in the last 15 seconds to tie it up.. thought it was very disrespectful the boo's for Artrip but hey that's my opinion

125- Selmon (PRI) picks it up at the right time and came out and proved his dominance at this tourney.. Gonzalez (Mas) with a 3-2 squeeker over Day (FF) in semi's.. I personally hope to see that one again

130- Miller (LE) gets a quick takedown and pins Bloch (LW) with 2 seconds left in the first.. honestly was surprised thought Bloch would put something together against Miller

135- Davis (LW) wins outstanding athlete here... thought this could have went to either him or older Sams but was glad to see this young man get his 3rd title.. little Sams afro kills me but has proven to close the gap when comes to wrestlers often amount of times (ie. Campbell (AND) and Sams last year)

140- absolute bear of a weight class... never would have forcasted Davis (MID) beating McIntyre (MAS) by a score of 15-5 very impressive win... Sams (FF) beating Allen with such ease 11-4 was a surprise as well.. finals was kind of a sleeper but could see Sams and Davis facing off 2 more times @ sectionals and districts finals... another point I believe if McIntyre performs like he did this weekend he may have some trouble qualifying for the SCHOTT

145- Mescher (MAS) with a 2-0 victory over Neyer (FF) in the finals.. i personally thought it was going to be a little more lopsided but watch out Neyer has proven he can beat quality opponents with victories over Wilder (PRI) and Globke (MID)

152- Eoin Walden (MAS) wins 3-1 impressive but in my opinion one of the weaker weight classes along with 119, 215... Lewis (MID) is an absolute freak of an athlete though

160- this and 140 had to be the toughest weight classes this year.. Bradberry (LW) wins it all beating Aaron Walden (MAS) 10-6... I'm looking for Bradberry to make a deep postseason run this time of year

171- Estes (LW) wins by pin after being down 3-0 to Suess (MAS)... Estes another wrestler who I don't think shined as bright as he did at Coaches.. heard he has been out so let's see if he can get things back on track

189- Ray (LE) beat Mather (SYC) in a tight one 4-3.. was surprised Ramirez (HAM) looked so sluggish on the mat... Ray and Mather both may have a shot at making it to the Schott with any luck

215- Andriot (OH) walks through the tourney with a 9-1 major decision over Sandy (FF) in the finals... Andriot looks to be hitting on all strides... no one else in this tournament could hang with him on Saturday

285- Jackson (HAM) also had a tremendous weekend winning 9-2 in the finals... I definitely see him making it out of districts the only question is with what place?.... also was surprised to see Meyers (MAS) pinned Bowman (LE) in the semis

Team race

1. Mason- ran away with the tournament with 4 champs and 8 finalists
2. Lakota West- did what i thought they would with their 3 hammers winning and Bloch taking 2nd... will be the #1 team from the GMC's at state
3. Fairfield- was surprised with only 4 finalists, thought that day and lauffer may have made it into the finals as well
4. Lakota East- after an impressive dual season, now comes time to where we all thought they would struggle... tournament time... Miller, Ray, Daly all had moments of things clicking besides that the rest will not do so hot at sectionals/ districts
5. Middletown- rode the coat tails of Globkes, Davis, and Lewis
6. Colerain- consisted of Hammer and Powell , Scales
7. Sycamore- was surprised to see Whitcomb-Dixon at 140 but not much on this team
8. Princeton- rebuilding year had 2 placers
9. Oak Hills- 2 placers as well in Andriot and Fitzpatrick
10. Hamilton- with the addition of Venable could have jumped a few teams but Jackson and Ramirez only placers

Last edited:
just looking to get the ball rolling here....... listed are the contenders at each weight, no order, just names.

112, 125, 140, 160 are the roughest of weights!!

Victoria (MAS)
Phillips (LW)
Daly (LE)
Hill (COL)

Kowal (PRI)
Luria (MAS)
Leonhardt (LW)
Barden (FF)
Lynch (SYC)

Artrip (MAS)
Brown (LE)
Greico (OAK)
Cox (COL)
Rose (MID)
Reynolds (LW)

Selmon (PRI)
Hammer (COL)
Gonzalez (MAS)
Day (FF)

Miller (LE)
Bloch (LW)
Gorsek (MAS)
Meyer (COL)
Huber (SYC)

Davis (LW)
Ad. Sams (FF)
Jamous (MAS)

Au. Sams (FF)
McIntyre (MAS)
Sorrells (PRI)
Allen (LW)
Asher (HAM)
Mohammadi (LE)

Wilder (PRI)
Whitcomb-Dixon (SYC)
Globke (MID)
Neyer (FF)
Mescher (MAS)
Smith (COL)

E. Walden (MAS)
Lewis (MID)
Lauffer (FF)

Bradberry (LW)
Fitzpatrick (OAK)
A. Walden (MAS)
Hall (MID)
Burton (COL)

Estes (LW)
Suess (MAS)
Scales (COL)
Rickert (SYC)

Ramirez (HAM)
Powell (COL)
Mather (SYC)
Ray (LE)

Andriot (OAK)
Venable (HAM)
Tedoldi (MAS)
Bere (SYC)

Jackson (HAM)
Bowman (LE)
Niehaus (COL)
Meyers (FF)

I know you said no particular order but did you notice you had the 189's correct if you start from the bottom up.

No disrespect to Coach Lehman but his team finished in 4th place and by almost 100 points to the winning team.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to what East has done all season long? Great finish for East on 4th place, and bringing home 2 champs!! What a year guys, congrats and keep up the hard work!

Suplexer good call on Middletown. They finished middle the road like you predicted. Estes LW is a beast!

103- Victoria (Mas) is on a roll here... barden (FF), Daly (LE), & Victoria all have a chance at making it out with victoria being a pretty sure lock while the other 2 are ?'s

112- Kowal (PRI) not wrestling changes this weight class.. heard he backed out because he was sick which is perfectly fine to get healthy with before sectionals... but made 112 weight class a lot easier with Luria (MAS) completely dominating all

119- the finals match.... :eek: WOW Artrip (MAS) up big and Hammer (COE) takes him down in ot to complete the comeback with a cradle in the last 15 seconds to tie it up.. thought it was very disrespectful the boo's for Artrip but hey that's my opinion

125- Selmon (PRI) picks it up at the right time and came out and proved his dominance at this tourney.. Gonzalez (Mas) with a 3-2 squeeker over Day (FF) in semi's.. I personally hope to see that one again

130- Miller (LE) gets a quick takedown and pins Bloch (LW) with 2 seconds left in the first.. honestly was surprised thought Bloch would put something together against Miller

135- Davis (LW) wins outstanding athlete here... thought this could have went to either him or older Sams but was glad to see this young man get his 3rd title.. little Sams afro kills me but has proven to close the gap when comes to wrestlers often amount of times (ie. Campbell (AND) and Sams last year)

140- absolute bear of a weight class... never would have forcasted Davis (MID) beating McIntyre (MAS) by a score of 15-5 very impressive win... Sams (FF) beating Allen with such ease 11-4 was a surprise as well.. finals was kind of a sleeper but could see Sams and Davis facing off 2 more times @ sectionals and districts finals... another point I believe if McIntyre performs like he did this weekend he may have some trouble qualifying for the SCHOTT

145- Mescher (MAS) with a 2-0 victory over Neyer (FF) in the finals.. i personally thought it was going to be a little more lopsided but watch out Neyer has proven he can beat quality opponents with victories over Wilder (PRI) and Globke (MID)

152- Eoin Walden (MAS) wins 3-1 impressive but in my opinion one of the weaker weight classes along with 119, 215... Lewis (MID) is an absolute freak of an athlete though

160- this and 140 had to be the toughest weight classes this year.. Bradberry (LW) wins it all beating Aaron Walden (MAS) 10-6... I'm looking for Bradberry to make a deep postseason run this time of year

171- Estes (LW) wins by pin after being down 3-0 to Suess (MAS)... Estes another wrestler who I don't think shined as bright as he did at Coaches.. heard he has been out so let's see if he can get things back on track

189- Ray (LE) beat Mather (SYC) in a tight one 4-3.. was surprised Ramirez (HAM) looked so sluggish on the mat... Ray and Mather both may have a shot at making it to the Schott with any luck

215- Andriot (OH) walks through the tourney with a 9-1 major decision over Sandy (FF) in the finals... Andriot looks to be hitting on all strides... no one else in this tournament could hang with him on Saturday

285- Jackson (HAM) also had a tremendous weekend winning 9-2 in the finals... I definitely see him making it out of districts the only question is with what place?.... also was surprised to see Meyers (MAS) pinned Bowman (LE) in the semis

Team race

1. Mason- ran away with the tournament with 4 champs and 8 finalists
2. Lakota West- did what i thought they would with their 3 hammers winning and Bloch taking 2nd... will be the #1 team from the GMC's at state
3. Fairfield- was surprised with only 4 finalists, thought that day and lauffer may have made it into the finals as well
4. Lakota East- after an impressive dual season, now comes time to where we all thought they would struggle... tournament time... Miller, Ray, Daly all had moments of things clicking besides that the rest will not do so hot at sectionals/ districts
5. Middletown- rode the coat tails of Globkes, Davis, and Lewis
6. Colerain- consisted of Hammer and Powell , Scales
7. Sycamore- was surprised to see Whitcomb-Dixon at 140 but not much on this team
8. Princeton- rebuilding year had 2 placers
9. Oak Hills- 2 placers as well in Andriot and Fitzpatrick
10. Hamilton- with the addition of Venable could have jumped a few teams but Jackson and Ramirez only placers

GOOD RUNDOWN. I dont think bradberry makes a deep postseason run. IMHO he don't make it out of districts. Middleown with some impressive young wrestlers.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to what East has done all season long? Great finish for East on 4th place, and bringing home 2 champs!! What a year guys, congrats and keep up the hard work!

Suplexer good call on Middletown. They finished middle the road like you predicted. Estes LW is a beast!

I actually have been paying attention. So the jump from 6th place in GMC in 2010 to 4th in 2011 is Coach of the Year material?

This is also coach of the year. Not Coach of the tourney. I think the coaches voted this way because: Lehman is a class act and people recognize this. Plus Mason did as expected, if anything they may have underachieved (Artrip and McIntyre not winning as examples). And only 13 points seperated the next three teams and if you go by the total body of work this year, East beat both Fairfield and West heads up. I think East may have done the most with the least amount of talent coming into this season and I think a lot of coaches recognize this. I give Coach Lehman and their staff a lot of credit for what they have started over there....plus he has to put up with Looney Toon so other coaches may have given him the sympathy vote!!!! :D Many coaches are deserving of this, but you can only give one out.

And I'll steal a line from Jim Rome, "Any time you start out a statement with no disrespect, someone is about to be disrespected!"

hey toon how did u do at gmc's when u wrestled? im guessing you never came close to winning it. tool...and i do believe coach lehman from east deserves coach of the year award, he has taken a program that had fallen off the map and made it respectable again. congrats to him. on the other side of this however congrats to west for placing ahead of fairfield and east after loosing to both of them in duals...i give match of the day to latrell davis from middletown on his semis match, that was crazy

This is also coach of the year. Not Coach of the tourney.

Plus Mason did as expected, if anything they may have underachieved (Artrip and McIntyre not winning as examples).

i'm not saying the coach from east didn't deserve it. but if this is the justification, then (1) East didn't beat mason during the year or at the tourney, and (2) i don't see how mason's 83.5 point victory is a disappointment. the last time a coach that didn't win the tournament got coach of the year was 2005, and it was princeton's coach who took 2nd at the tourney.

don't take this the wrong way; i'm sure the coach from east is a very good coach and i've heard nothing but good things about him. i just think murnan deserves some credit for an incredible year, solidifying mason's place as 2nd in the city behind moe with no "big name" guys in the lineup.

Congrats to coach Lehman. Clearly, his peers think he is deserving. Most coaches, even ones in heated rivalries can recognize one another.

honestly though, if a wrestling coach was coaching for "coach of the year," or any other accolades....they probably would be coaching another sport. Ours is one with very few pats on the back from anyone. But getting one form your peers has got to mean something special.

Nothing against any other coach in the GMC, but if I were to move to a school in the GMC to have my son wrestle for a coach, Coach Lehman would be my first choice. A great coach and a class act.

This is also coach of the year. Not Coach of the tourney. I think the coaches voted this way because: Lehman is a class act and people recognize this. Plus Mason did as expected, if anything they may have underachieved (Artrip and McIntyre not winning as examples). And only 13 points seperated the next three teams and if you go by the total body of work this year, East beat both Fairfield and West heads up. I think East may have done the most with the least amount of talent coming into this season and I think a lot of coaches recognize this. I give Coach Lehman and their staff a lot of credit for what they have started over there....plus he has to put up with Looney Toon so other coaches may have given him the sympathy vote!!!! :D Many coaches are deserving of this, but you can only give one out.

And I'll steal a line from Jim Rome, "Any time you start out a statement with no disrespect, someone is about to be disrespected!"

Coach of the Year? I think it would have been a tough vote. My first instinct would have been to give it to the coach of the team that won the tournament. Mason won the tourney and improved upon their performance last year at the tourney by 20 or so points. They, by beating Elder in a dual, most would suggest proved they are the second best team in the City. And, let’s face it; the next best thing to the GMC beating Elder on the Gridiron is to have a GMC team beat them on the mat.

But then… I think about Lakota East’s performance this year. They have achieved an excellent dual record, moved from 6th (83.5 pt’s) to 4th (130) in GMC Tourney and beat both West and Fairfield in duals, that most gave East only a “so-so” chance of winning. But… then again, East also placed 4th in the tourney behind both West and Fairfield. Then again, East appears to have very few returning starters.

Then I wonder, has there been any performance at the tourney, “year over year”, that may be comparable. In 2008 Oak Hills came in 8th (46.5 pt’s) and in 2009 came in 4th (118 pt’s). I don’t know, maybe the other coaches didn’t “recognize” the Oak Hills coach as a “Class Act”, as Nanrump would suggest is a prerequisite to being Coach of the Year. Nanrump, I said that in good fun. The “Class Act” statement has become such a worn out cliché. I have no doubt there are a lot of GMC coaches that are class acts.

Nanrump, in one breath you say “This is also coach of the year. Not Coach of the tourney.” Suggesting that East 4th place finish roughly 100 points behind Mason is of little consequence, as we are talking about Coach of the Year, not the tourney. One breath later you mention East 4th place finish being within 13 points of second place and go on to point out that Mason did as expected, if anything they underachieved (Artrip and McIntyre not winning as examples). It’s just a tad odd that you continue to reference the tourney as you refute “theocleaver” mentioning that East finished almost 100 points behind Mason when cleaver was simply wondering to what extent the Tourney finish should play into determining Coach of the Year.

As for your contention that Mason underachieved, I totally disagree. You stated McIntyre’s performance and Artrip’s performance as proof they underachieved. McIntyre’s performance was not what was expected, a number 2 seed that placed 3rd. As for Artrip, you chose a horrible example! Artrip, a number 5 seed, missed roughly half of the season, all of last season and wrestled a Bona fide stud in Hammer and lost in the finals in overtime.

Having 3 first and 9 guys that overachieved, some dramatically, and 3 guys finish one place lower than expected does not meet the strictest definition of underachieving.

Three guys as expected (1st)
One guy 2 places higher than expected (3rd)
Two guys 3 places higher than expected (2nd)
Three guys 5 places higher than expected (2nd)
Three guys 1 place lower than expected (2nd & 2 3rd)
One guy not expected to place did not place

So how would I have voted? I am a weak snit. Since I would not have found the decision “cut and dry” I would have let my emotions get involved and voted for the guy, that if I were of drinking age, was the last one to buy me a beer. Yea… I know, “Pretty Weak”. Who is to say that did not come into play? Fact of the matter is a group of his peers determined that Coach Lehman deserves the award! He should be congratulated!

Last edited:

Question for you scrambler. Were you even there or does your overview just reflect the results from baumspage (which was an error)?

The 112 finals match was tied at the start of the 3rd period with Luria coming out on top 3-0 for a final score. Complete domination?

Coach of the year and wrestler of the year are just little secondary awards given out. I think some are getting a little too hung up on the coach of the year thing. I guarantee you coach Lehman would have rather won the tournament then coach of the year, and I guarantee coach Murnan would not trade winning the tournament for coach of the year.

That being said, coach Lehman and coach Murnan have both done great things over the last couple years with their programs. I don' think either of these guys would have been a bad choice to be perfectly honest.