Glenoak (1-0) @ Massillon (0-1) PART 2

I saw a post in the other trainwreck asking if GO was the only Stark team to beat both Massillon and McK the same year. Didn’t Perry do it in 2001?

Snooze fest. There was a time when watching a steam rolling of local teams was fun and new. It has gotten old. Might find something else to do lmaoooo

For a 5 year period about 10-12 years ago, this was the best rivalry in the county. And then, GlenOak didn't hold up their end. Garcia might get them back, just not yet.

Tigers bounce back in this one. They go on and win out the rest of the regular season and win the AP Poll state title heading into the 1st round of the playoffs. Sky's the limit.

No matter the circumstances, happy for glenoak. Been some time coming.
Yup, they could’ve went the route to schedule a tiny inferior opponent just for the sake of ending the streak. I’m glad it was at least against someone their size for what it’s worth. Just get the boys a chance to feel good about themselves for a moment and taste a W again. Then build from there and learn each week.

Shaker isn’t a good team though.

Probably won’t be that competitive tonight but Glenoak has a few sophomores starting on both sides of the ball. Hopefully they all stick with it and Garcia continues to build the program back up. Maybe in two years they go to Massillon with a real shot at getting a win.

0-0 score in the 1st.

Each team is 1 offensive drive into the game. Both defenses force a 3 and out.

GlenOak offense about to take the field for a 2nd time.

Each team 2 offensive possessions in. Neither defense has given up a 1st down.

GlenOak to attempt their 3rd offensive possession.

GlenOak holds Massillon to a FG

3-0 Massillon 0:56 left in the 1st quarter.

For what it’s worth. The Eagles defense making them earn it, so far.

GlenOak offense still looking for their first 1st down of the game.

Still didn’t give up a TD….6-0 Massillon, 6:18 left in the 2nd.

Big possession for GlenOak. They need to find a way to move the sticks. I personally, would’ve went for it on 4th and short on the 1st possession.

Last edited:
Still didn’t give up a TD….6-0 Massillon, 6:18 left in the 2nd.

Big possession for GlenOak. They need to find a way to move the sticks. I personally, would’ve went for it on 4th and short on the 1st possession.
Why risk helping Massillon's offense?

If I’m Massillon speed the tempo up. Trust your athletes vs glenoaks.

I’m not complaining as a GlenOak fan though. The fact that we aren’t close to a running clock yet?

I’ll take it.