Glen Oak

Does anyone have any information on what is going on at GO. I'm hearing things are pretty bad with coaching staff, parents and players.

Any idea on if those three seniors will be eligible for the entire season and tournament? If they left GlenOak after having a chance to make another memorable tournament run in their senior year to only be eligible for half the season and miss the tournament with Aquinas, then something egregious must have happened at GlenOak.

EDIT: As I post this I see the post just before me. Thanks for the article link, ND Fan.

I know some STA parents aren't happy about this. Their daughters are going to miss a lot of playing time the first half of the season. It will be two different teams. The team for the first 11 games and the team for the last 11 games and tournaments.
Good Luck All.

I'm guessing the players will be eligible the whole year. There are exemptions and I believe the OHSAA is not going to want to go to battle over why they left Glenoak.

What a mess for all involved. and I think they will play all year at St.Thomas, Not good for the Div 3 schools, STA will be very good!!!!!!

I believe they're trying for a hardship waiver and the findings of the third-party legal counsel suggest they may get it. As for STA people being unhappy, they didn't have great numbers last year and this obv is a huge influx of talent. I can't see it being an issue.

I think they lost 3 starters or 3 of top 6 depending on how you wanna look at it... I’m hearing Mucci, Smith and Warren. GlenOak is still loaded their depth surely took a hit l!

If they can play all this Year, then St. Thomas would Definitely be a team to Pick in DIII for the State Finals. It may be hard at first for the coach to blend his old players with his new stars. Especially with some returning starters that will now have to come of the bench. And parents who have done a lot of fundraising for the school. Might be hard for some players and parents to take. Having went to a private school, I know there are a lot of different things people don't realize.
Good Luck All

St Thomas was really really down last year. This can only be seen as a positive for them. They are a private school so it cant be a surprise if they get transfers in!

It is a shame how soft the Plain Local community has become. I thought it was the kids but looks like the parents are also part of the "Cream Puff" wave. Oh well, if you can;t take the coaching get out.

Spoken like someone who truly doesn't have a clue what happened in this situation letsgetitdone... well done :rolleyes:

Well let's see, ah, no your wrong. I would say I am in the trenches with all the parties involved from Plain so lets say I probably know more than you. Yes they are soft in Plain. I am Glen Oak through and through. I have seen the decline in toughness in that community. They are working to get it back .

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad for these kids the way they have been blasted in the comment sections of social media. Here is my take....These are big players for a big program, it took a lot of guts to move on when they were going to have another good season. As for people calling them soft...there is nothing a school wants to do less than admit there is bullying or Intimidation in their school. It is a huge topic of discussion in today’s world and it is something many administrations are terrified to admit to. For the administration to come out in the paper and say they found 2 that went against the code of conduct is a huge credit to Glenoak.

Wish everyone the best.

Any word on if these girls are eligible for whole season or do they sit out 2nd half + tourmament? Doesn't seem fair that GO problem gets dumped on us.!

They're applying for a hardship waiver to the sitting out half the season.... and I don't know who "us" is, but how is anything they've been through being dumped on you?

US is STA. Three girls transferring in their Sr. year disrupting a team with players who have been working hard for a program for 4 years. Are now going to lose playing time? And then the transfers will miss the second half the season & tournament. I also heard they tried to go other schools but were turned away because those schools don't take Sr transfers ( most likely this being one reason why). My take: 9 + 2 accusations and Coach W gets exonerated on all but profanity. No bullying- no harassment. Really nothing! And these girls walk to STA. Hiring a independent investigator cost Plain Local probably $50K. They should probably be reimbursing Plain! Where's the hardship? They would need GO to release them and why would they?

"Really nothing"... spoken like a true Wackerly shill.... and I've seen STA in the past couple years, there was a lack of numbers and skill. These kids moving in aren't hurting anything. That same legal finding you're referencing found multiple instances where he was out of line. You can explain it away however you want. Do you really think GO will take on a legal battle over this and not sign off on the kids going? This whole process took this long already for a reason.

P.S. I hope your kids show more Christian character than you are in your response to these kids moving. These kids grew up through Plain Local schools and gave it everything they have had despite the coaching that they had to deal with. If you really believe it's just these 3, you're out of your mind. A number of kids quit and even some recent graduates will be the first in line to say the coaching was over the top/out of line. They're giving up a lot with this decision to move, you can't possibly think it is a decision lightly made or without seriously good reason to get out. Whether they play half a season or the whole year, these kids are great kids and great teammates. The STA kids will love playing with them.