George Washington III Decommits From Ohio State

Wonder if he goes to UD, where dad is working on the women’s side. Although I’m not sure what UD men’s team looks like these days. I have not cared since XU left the A-10.

UD's men's team has been good the last couple of seasons. I'm sure you were aware of the Obi Toppin season where they ended the season #2 in the country before Covid shut things down. This year's team is talented and returns everyone from last season. Most outlets have them ranked in the top 25.

Virginia, Texas, Dayton, Missouri, Auburn, Seton Hall and Oklahoma
Looks like Dayton has already reached out according to reports I have read. Seems like it is kind of late to be decommitting from a school.

I'd be surprised if they(UD) do offer him
Is that bc they think he is higher level than them, not a need for UD or something else? 16 schools, including UD, reached out yesterday according to a tweet he liked.

Per 247 he was recruited by Ryan Pedon who is now the head coach at Illinois State.....

Virginia, Texas, Dayton, Missouri, Auburn, Seton Hall and Oklahoma
Looks like Dayton has already reached out according to reports I have read. Seems like it is kind of late to be decommitting from a school.
Supposedly Ohio State has a chance to bring in one or two rated higher than GW3 and there was mutual agreement that decommitting was best for both sides. I guess time will tell if it works out well for either side.

Is that bc they think he is higher level than them, not a need for UD or something else? 16 schools, including UD, reached out yesterday according to a tweet he liked.

Per 247 he was recruited by Ryan Pedon who is now the head coach at Illinois State.....
No not at all although, he can play, a D1 talent but a positionless player at 6'2' and a volume shooter. He has a score first mentality which is fine and will work in high school but doesn't equate to success at hi-D1 level at 6'2'. The issue is from what I've heard, is the parents particularly the father, their entitled, snobbish, and the father puts his child's success over the teams' success. I know as a fact dad has caused issues down at CJ, and I've heard OSU was trying to pull their offer anyway and no one at UD speaks highly of dad. This leads to a lot of unanswered questions.

Per 247 he was recruited by Ryan Pedon who is now the head coach at Illinois State
Why would you be surprised?
No one wants to deal with what comes with it. See above post.

No not at all although, he can play, a D1 talent but a positionless player at 6'2' and a volume shooter. He has a score first mentality which is fine and will work in high school but doesn't equate to success at hi-D1 level at 6'2'. The issue is from what I've heard, is the parents particularly the father, their entitled, snobbish, and the father puts his child's success over the teams' success. I know as a fact dad has caused issues down at CJ, and I've heard OSU was trying to pull their offer anyway and no one at UD speaks highly of dad. This leads to a lot of unanswered questions.
What kind of issues at CJ already? The three of them just got there...

Wow, you could not be further from the truth. Don’t know who you have been talking to. Probably a parent of a kid who won’t even make the team. Dad and kids are class acts. Your jealousy that they never considered a DPS school is showing. Plus you are completely wrong on him as a player. Coaches and players love him.

Yeah, that says a lot right there.
Or he saw the handwriting on the wall when all the other recruits showed up and realized he was getting recruited over. I wouldn't assume he just used the university to stand on the sidelines during OSU and ND.

Or he saw the handwriting on the wall when all the other recruits showed up and realized he was getting recruited over. I wouldn't assume he just used the university to stand on the sidelines during OSU and ND.
Can't blame the kid is he did. Exciting time being on that sideline. But when he was with the others for a picture and he noticed he was looking up at everyone, maybe he thought being a bench guy was not so exciting.

Washington has narrowed his choices down to Louisville, Virginia, Michigan, Wake Forest, and Dayton according to the Dayton Daily News.

Well I guess that's one way to do it, Ohio State kindly says were removing your scolly for better players so then he goes and commits to TTUN

Zezzo didn’t you question how good this kid was earlier? Final four after OSU were Wake Forest, Michigan, Virginia, and Louisville. Guess those coaches should have checked with you.