GCL co/ed 2022

I’m good with that but the field was in terrible shape.
A while back it was rumored they turned down a free turf field because they didn't want to give up the naming rights. Not sure if that's true bc that seems really dumb, but the field was in pretty good shape at the time. Maybe they should revisit that offer if they can't keep the field playable.

That’s a shame, wonder why ,it used to be one of the nicest grass fields , looking like they will get to host two games on it come tourney time too
They did play girls soccer on the field, a couple weeks ago against Alter. Thought it was unusual, as I had heard that the field was only for football

The soccer field is installing turf & all of the girls & boys soccer games were played on the football field. My understanding is that they will do turf for the football season and it will completed for next season.

They did play girls soccer on the field, a couple weeks ago against Alter. Thought it was unusual, as I had heard that the field was only for football
Golden Bears/st Mike’s play there. So that’s at least 4 teams, 4 weeks a football season at minimum. I believe they had an individual that was an employee that took meticulous care of the field up until 3-4 years ago. That coupled with the pitch of the field is difficult to maintain.
back in the olden days, when we knew we were playing on that type of field, we’d unscrew the small cleats, and put in the xtra long cleats.

42-14 CJ mid way through the 3rd. Alter can’t stop the CJ offense.
Worst team at Alter in living memory. Lancerette tryouts begin in late March.. Coat tails are officially threadbare..Sad, sad season- considering predecessors effort and pluck..

As it sets up now if McNick loses to Badin they will likely be a 6th seed. 1st round game at Home v. Alter, Graham Local or Clinton Massie in that order. That’s my projection looking at the Pasteur site. I’d prefer if they were an 8 seed with the likely opponent being Reading.

Last edited:
Need Purcell to beat Summit country day make mcnick a 6 seed and play Northridge. Easy opener for Rockets Also avoid an Alter Mcknick 1st round game. Assuming mc Nick loses to Badin. Mc nick wins they move up to number 3. I rather not have Alter Mc Nick 1st round as well. That's how I read it. Could be wrong.

Need Purcell to beat Summit country day make mcnick a 6 seed and play Northridge. Easy opener for Rockets Also avoid an Alter Mcknick 1st round game. Assuming mc Nick loses to Badin. Mc nick wins they move up to number 3. I rather not have Alter Mc Nick 1st round as well. That's how I read it. Could be wrong.
Alter locked in at 10 will play 7 seed. Based on looking at Joe eitel. Pastuer gives 56% ( highest) chance 1st round opponent for Alter is Shawnee.

Listening to the Alter/CJ last night and the announcer says all three Alter running backs during a particular play are freshmen! What the....

Alter doesn't have a soph, junior, or senior running back that can beat out freshmen for playing time? This is unheard of in my 20 plus years of following Alter football, and I can't see how this bodes well for the future... even with freshmen getting experience this year it seems the program is falling on hard times. I could see if it were sophs getting varsity experience, but it can't be a good sign when you HAVE TO GIVE three freshmen running backs (and of all positions too) varsity experience.

But, I could be wrong and time will tell.

If McNick-Alter have to play in R1 that’s fine. I’d prefer playing a team never scheduled before like Northridge or Shawnee. The Rockets scheduled Wheelersburg and Hartley at home this season, the atmosphere the Wheelersburg fans brought was fun.

If McNick-Alter have to play in R1 that’s fine. I’d prefer playing a team never scheduled before like Northridge or Shawnee. The Rockets scheduled Wheelersburg and Hartley at home this season, the atmosphere the Wheelersburg fans brought was fun.
If alter and McNick met in round 1. I think the rockets would take them a bit more serious after last time.