GCL co/ed 2022

Dont think there are many from Mason but quite a few from Lakota. That has always been the case, a decent number of kids from West Chester and Liberty Township go to Badin, as they do Fenwick (not as many but still some), Moe and X
Fenwick used to get quite a few in the glory days but the South schools and Lakota East/West changing inter-district transfer rules kind of changed that. Back when Peyton Manning was at Fenwick we had plenty of kids from Lakota all the way to Kettering coming in just to play football.

McNick, Badin Week 10 will be played at Noon on Saturday Oct 22. WTF? I hope Badin gets their own stadium soon.

Fenwick used to get quite a few in the glory days but the South schools and Lakota East/West changing inter-district transfer rules kind of changed that. Back when Peyton Manning was at Fenwick we had plenty of kids from Lakota all the way to Kettering coming in just to play football.

Keep forgetting Peyton Manning played at Fenwick

G
Fenwick used to get quite a few in the glory days but the South schools and Lakota East/West changing inter-district transfer rules kind of changed that. Back when Peyton Manning was at Fenwick we had plenty of kids from Lakota all the way to Kettering coming in just to play football
Don’t you mean glory day? 2015? Lost to a good Hartley team in a monsoon. Great ball club, as I knew a few of those young men. But after their departure there is not a lot to show for all of those Lakota kids.
Come on fellas let’s get back on the bandwagon. It was just one league loss. You hang one on the knights and the rams and you are back in business.

It was the same two years ago. That’s the game Badylak broke his collarbone and the season kinda spiraled.
Ok I remember that. I thought that was just an unusual situation that year. When my son played at Badin I remember two cold, rainy nights at Hamilton High school.

G

Don’t you mean glory day? 2015? Lost to a good Hartley team in a monsoon. Great ball club, as I knew a few of those young men. But after their departure there is not a lot to show for all of those Lakota kids.
Come on fellas let’s get back on the bandwagon. It was just one league loss. You hang one on the knights and the rams and you are back in business.
Nobody is off the bandwagon don't you worry. 2010-2015 Fenwick was always good, best GCL team outside of Alter and snagged a few W's against the Knights. The glory days I'm referring to are back around 88-97. When Peyton was around slinging it to Tim Jorden and Eli's freshman and Soph year before he transferred down south.

G

What Lakota kids were on that team? I can name 3 and that’s it

Wednesday after a wild week in the coed. Predictions for this Friday? Lets hear em

Fenwick @ Alter. game is at Fairmont. Think Fenwick bounces back after last weeks debacle. Alter brings in a new Q?!
CJ @ Badin Think Badin rolls a bit in this one after a close first quarter/half. Cj has a good run game just won't be able to catch up
McNick @ Carroll need I say more

Nobody is off the bandwagon don't you worry. 2010-2015 Fenwick was always good, best GCL team outside of Alter and snagged a few W's against the Knights. The glory days I'm referring to are back around 88-97. When Peyton was around slinging it to Tim Jorden and Eli's freshman and Soph year before he transferred down south.
Tim Jordan graduated from Fenwick in 1985.

The GCL is loaded from top to bottom, or top to CJ…. Carrol sucks! I don’t know if the coed will stick together. If McNick leaves (for travel reasons) what’s the next step?

The GCL is loaded from top to bottom, or top to CJ…. Carrol sucks! I don’t know if the coed will stick together. If McNick leaves (for travel reasons) what’s the next step?
Not that I’m all that close to the program but I haven’t heard much discussion from McNicholas about leaving the Coed recently. Frankly I’m not sure where they would go in Cincy…they would probably be the big dog in whatever league Bacon and Purcell are now in so members may not want them. The only “public school” league that might be a fit (Not sure the official title) is the one that includes Clinton-Massie, New Richmond, Western Brown, Goshen etc.
A couple trips to Middletown or Dayton a year is not that big a deal for football but you have 10+ others boys and girls sports that also must travel..the Rockets don’t own a bus.

Not that I’m all that close to the program but I haven’t heard much discussion from McNicholas about leaving the Coed recently. Frankly I’m not sure where they would go in Cincy…they would probably be the big dog in whatever league Bacon and Purcell are now in so members may not want them. The only “public school” league that might be a fit (Not sure the official title) is the one that includes Clinton-Massie, New Richmond, Western Brown, Goshen etc.
A couple trips to Middletown or Dayton a year is not that big a deal for football but you have 10+ others boys and girls sports that also must travel..the Rockets don’t own a bus.
Exactly football travel isn't a big problem but all the other sports trips combined hurts

Exactly football travel isn't a big problem but all the other sports trips combined hurts
Girls soccer last night-I left at 330 (mostly to avoid rush hour) and got home at 1030. Now we have a different experience, but I had to tell my freshman daughter on Monday that she better take care of anything due Thursday because of this.

And McNick will definitely leave the COED at some point...
What do you think their options will be if they leave? The Bacon-Purcell league is a joke competition wise. Schmitt mentioned NR, Goshen, Massie conference (which I can’t recall what it’s called). I don’t think the Cincinnati Hills league would want them. Can’t think of another possibility.

Getting really excited for the Fenwick Alter game tomorrow. HUGE game, Peyton Manning will be at the game, party at 10 inch Falcons moms house after. Win or lose the Flock will have a blast....maybe Peyton will join the tailgate!

The common belief is the CHL and MVL will morph into one conference with a few schools splitting into an off shoot conference which McNick could become a part of. Joining with them would be schools too big or too small for the conferences their currently in and generally unaffected by the private schools enrollment pull.

Peytons record may never be broken. I was there when he threw for 800 yards in a game against Bacon his sophomore year in 91.

The common belief is the CHL and MVL will morph into one conference with a few schools splitting into an off shoot conference which McNick could become a part of. Joining with them would be schools too big or too small for the conferences their currently in and generally unaffected by the private schools enrollment pull.
I would think if McNick left, Badin would be soon to follow. They are located close to no one. Ross just dropped them in all sports so there is no chance they would support their move to any league they were a part of. Fenwick is perfectly located for any league they would look to join. Putting them in the SWBL would just be renaming the old MML. Badin's two biggest league rivals across the spectrum are McNick and Fenwick. Personally would hate to see the Rockets leave though I understand the reasoning. I played in HS over 40 years ago and we annually played all of the present/past GCL coed schools minus Alter who was AAA at that time. Being an independent stunk at that time.
Back to football, Let's GOOOOOOOOO FALCONS!