Gas Prices

So they voted against a problem that doesn’t exist, and is not the reason for high gas prices?
Four House Democrats joined Republicans in opposing the bill: Reps. Jared Golden, of Maine; Lizzie Fletcher, of Texas; Stephanie Murphy, of Florida; and Kathleen Rice, of New York.

Every House republican voted against this.
It's about "Emergency" price controls. Who gets to define the "Emergency"? Gravybrain does... err... his teleprompter does. I thought Nancy, Chuck U, and this administration were about "protecting democracy"?
Have price controls ever worked to solve a problem?

It's about "Emergency" price controls. Who gets to define the "Emergency"? Gravybrain does... err... his teleprompter does. I thought Nancy, Chuck U, and this administration were about "protecting democracy"?

They do the exact opposite, with horrific results.

Liberalism ALWAYS generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.

It's funny that you don't think price gouging exists. Lol.

It may have existed a few times in history, but this ain't it.

Dramatic, but temporary, price increases are the markets way of insuring a supply to those who need it most. An example is plywood in a coastal area when a hurricane is approaching - the price usually spikes to a point high enough that those who do not live a threatened area and do not need the plywood that badly will not buy it, thus making the supply available to those who need it most.

What we have here with gas is a left-wing policy agenda driven by radicals who literally want to shut down the fossil fuel industry, and they will control things for 4 years. Given that, the industry is not inclined to increase supply so long as they are being assaulted at every turn by a hostile administration. This is a philosophical and structural issue, with little end in sight given the supreme ignorance and hysterical nature of the left.

It may have existed a few times in history, but this ain't it.

Dramatic, but temporary, price increases are the markets way of insuring a supply to those who need it most. An example is plywood in a coastal area when a hurricane is approaching - the price usually spikes to a point high enough that those who do not live a threatened area and do not need the plywood that badly will not buy it, thus making the supply available to those who need it most.

What we have here with gas is a left-wing policy agenda driven by radicals who literally want to shut down the fossil fuel industry, and they will control things for 4 years. Given that, the industry is not inclined to increase supply so long as they are being assaulted at every turn by a hostile administration. This is a philosophical and structural issue, with little end in sight given the supreme ignorance and hysterical nature of the left.
It's pretty simple. Bit Oil is keeping supply low and jacking up prices beyond inflation to placate Wall Street. I mean, the company execs admitted as much when they copped to restraining growth due to "investor pressure to maintain capital discipline".

CEO of Exxon said on their earnings call that the goal is "less about volume and volume targets and more about the quality and profitability of the barrels." I mean, profits are at a 7 year high. You think shareholders want to spit that up? Lol. That planned $40+ billion in stock buybacks is gonna be sweet!

It's pretty simple. Bit Oil is keeping supply low and jacking up prices beyond inflation to placate Wall Street. I mean, the company execs admitted as much when they copped to restraining growth due to "investor pressure to maintain capital discipline".

CEO of Exxon said on their earnings call that the goal is "less about volume and volume targets and more about the quality and profitability of the barrels." I mean, profits are at a 7 year high. You think shareholders want to spit that up? Lol. That planned $40+ billion in stock buybacks is gonna be sweet!
So profits were less under a good president! Who would have thought such a thing lol?

Big oil doesn't control the prices.............. take a look at the futures market. The government cuts their balls off, then you libs want them to increase supply. ROFLMAO

I'm not sure whether it is outright ignorance, or a mental illness that is causing this bizarre behavior.

It's funny that people blame price gouging for gas prices doubling under Biden.
They gouge regardless of the POTUS. You haven't figured this out yet? Lol.
It's funny that people continue to make excuses for a perverted, dementia ridden old POS
I'm not making excuses. As I told asked the Ump, please cite said excuses I've supposedly made. You know more than one thing can be true at the same time, right? Big Oil is at fault b/c they're busy dancing for Wall Street and their shareholders. (*I've shared the details in a previous post.) Sleepy Joe is to blame b/c of the current administration's open disapproval of U.S. development of oil and gas resources. His contentious relationship with the Saudi's, shutting down pipeline projects, and their general messaging also creates uncertainty. Plus the fact that gas prices are traditionally a simplistic visual indicator of the economy. So of course he's going to have to take the 'L'.

It's funny that people blame price gouging for gas prices doubling under Biden.

It's funny that people continue to make excuses for a perverted, dementia ridden old POS
I just wish they would explain to us simpletons why the oil company's weren't price gouging during Trump's administration? Or for that matter during Obama's?

It's funny that you don't think price gouging exists. Lol.
Price gouging is definitely a piece of the current problem.

I have significant concerns/reservations about this bill, but at the same time, significant price hikes most certainly are not an "invisible hand" solution to protect the market supply when discussing an essential commodity that people have to have when living a lifestyle that demands personal transportation to go about the affairs of their day. From what I am seeing at the pumps I'd say the opposite is true and that an increasing number of people are always filling until full when they get gasoline because they're terrified about big price hikes between fill-ups.

the way demorats have screwed up this country ...... i would NOT give one of them any more power... EVER