Friday Night Futbol - #3 Moeller vs #1 Mason

What’s the result?

• Total voters

Cincy_Futbol

The season in Ohio starts tomorrow and there’s a great match up going on in Mason as Moeller comes in. Both ranked top 3 in the city. Predictions? Thoughts?

I personally don’t think this one will be that close. I think Moeller is coming into this season with low public expectations based on last years results. What people may not realize is they have 2 great players that only played half the season and 2 other high caliber players that didn’t play at all. Their youth from last year are really good and have developed nicely as well. They are 15 deep and present some real matchup problems all over the pitch. I’ll say Moe wins 3-0 or 3-1.

This was a fun game! Ended 1-1. Moeller's goal was a well-placed shot with good pace. Mason scored on a PK. Moeller controlled many aspects of the game, but didn't put together much offense, with their best shots coming from wide and far out. Mason had less possession, but was able to make more effective runs. Moeller will need to get forwards to get off some shots. Mason needs to put more of their shots on frame. I would not be surprised to see these two teams play later.

It was great to hear student sections cheering again! So many fans from all around the SW, scouting some, supporting clubmates some. Even college coaches made it in. Safe and productive seasons to all...

Very even game. Both teams had chances and made mistakes. A lot of good individual talent. Hot night with lots of cramps....both teams subbed a lot and had good depth.

I thought mason did a good job defending Moellers striker looked like they were doubling him on set peices and getting 2 on him quickly when he got the ball forcing other players to make the plays. In my opinion I think the PK call was super soft the way the game was officiated all game these teams will meet again in the playoffs.