Friday Night Finals (8/18/23)

Don't know what's more surprising, Alliance beating Lake or Jackson hanging with Mentor.
Mentor never punted in that game. Mentor had at least TD drives end inside the Jackson 10 yd. line and didn't punch it in. Mentor doesn't have a powerhouse team this season; on the other hand, from received reports, the game wasn't as close as the score might indicate. As for Lake losing, they might be the most overrated football program in Northeast Ohio.

Congrats to the Massillon Tigers for comeback victory over the Valdosta, Georgia team! I heard that the Valdosta head coach told the media that Valdosta team was the better team and invited Massillon to travel down South to play Valdosta. They would be an interesting rematch. In any event, glad that the Ohio team prevailed!!

I can't speak to Jackson; however, IMO, Mentor is on a down slide since Trivissono (sp?) leaving. Unless there is a resurrection of sorts, I don't think we'll be seeing Mentor like we used to for the foreseeable future. Maybe for different reasons, but I relate them to Solon who no longer appears to be a threat and lost last night 34-0 (I think).
MENTOR IS NO SOLON, BUT I AGREE WITH YOU.
THEY AREN'T QUITE AS GOOD AS WHEN TRIVISANNO (SP? FOR ME TOO)
WAS THERE. BUT I THINK THEY WERE 9-4 LAST YEAR AND I THINK
THEY WILL WIN A FEW PLAYOFF GAMES THIS YEAR. HOPEFULLY, LAST NIGHT
WASN'T A ONE GAME FLUKE FOR THE POLAR BEARS AND JAY ROHR.

Suburban League American (Rough Day - only one win...Aurora):

Wadsworth 49, Barberton 18
Brecksville 20, Tallmadge 2
Amherst 41, Copley 21
Firestone 15, Cuyahoga Falls 0
Hudson 35, Highland 21
Woodridge 28, Revere 0
Aurora 17, Twinsburg 7
Suburban League National went 5-3
Nordonia 16, Bedford 8
North Royalton 43, Maple Hts 34
Olmsted Falls 35, Solon 0