Friday Finals (8/26/22)

Congrats to Coach Marcus Colvin, his staff and kids as Creek breaks a 12-game losing streak and 2-28 over their previous 30 games. Now 1-1 in the new coach's era.
They beat Franklin in a close game…not really a good win. They will beat ponitz next week and that’ll be all she wrote 2-8. Again that’s Franklin and Ponitz…how do those teams prepare them to play in the GWOC? They will be terrible this year and many more years to come.

Nordonia 37 Barea-Midpark 34
Ashland 49 Marion Harding 7
Hudson 35 Euclid 0
Bay 26 Lakewood 7
Newcomerstown 54 Beallsville 0
Brush 73 Bowsher 13
Avon Lake 35 Brecksville-Broadview Heights 0
Elyria 26 Bedford 6
Glenville 20 Olentangy Liberty 14
Perry 60 Kenston 32
Malvern 21 Conotton Valley 20

They beat Franklin in a close game…not really a good win. They will beat ponitz next week and that’ll be all she wrote 2-8. Again that’s Franklin and Ponitz…how do those teams prepare them to play in the GWOC? They will be terrible this year and many more years to come.
Kids need to learn to win as part of development. If you’re a fan, grow up. If you’re not a fan, shove off! Go recruit some hoopers!

you play who is on the schedule. no reason to crap on kids. they got the win. i did not suggest in any way it was a great win or one for the ages. the kids deserve congratulations tonight. why be a a-hole about it?

Ironton 29 Jackson 26
West Jefferson 49 Paint Valley 34
Portsmouth West 34 Portsmouth 7
Waverly 53 Johnstown 28
Wheelersburg 42 McNichols 35 OT

you play who is on the schedule. no reason to crap on kids. they got the win. i did not suggest in any way it was a great win or one for the ages. the kids deserve congratulations tonight. why be a a-hole about it?
Not being a a-hole. Just saying playing Franklin and Ponitz will not set them up for success in the gwoc. Now I understand that these 2 teams aren’t the new coaches doing. I hope he ups the non conference in years to come. Congrats to creek on beating D3 Franklin.

Poland Seminary 21, Louisville 10

Full Game Statistics, Recap, and Video:

Not being a a-hole. Just saying playing Franklin and Ponitz will not set them up for success in the gwoc. Now I understand that these 2 teams aren’t the new coaches doing. I hope he ups the non conference in years to come. Congrats to creek on beating D3 Franklin.
Still no reason to dog kids. and yes you showed yourself in this post too. Do better.

Last edited:
no idea what Coffman was trying to do defensively but the 5 safeties spread straight across the field 12 yards from the line of scrimmage was not working despite their insistence on staying with it until they were down 27-0. Love high school coaches who think their gimmicks are a good idea. My 90 year old mom would have rushed for 47 yards in the first half against that alignment. a 3-3-5 with the 5 literally 12 yards off the ball on every play except 1.

Great point, us fans have been wondering the same thing for two weeks. It's a new defensive coordinator, who like you is trying something different.

There main hopes were trying to avoid giving up long runs, like last year. But that didn't work tonight, 1st play of the 4th qt 58 yd run right up the gut untouched.

Good luck Centerville, you have a beautiful school, football facility and a good team.

I believe they did have to replace 20 starters from last year, for what it’s worth.
I just noticed Drew Pasteur and others on here had them ranked highly, some had them ahead of Canfield. I actually thought they were better than this as well but not as good as last year either.