Friday Finals (11/18/22)

Yes you are correct....however OHSAA already planned the D2 semis.

Tcc beat Avon so they are headed to play kings at Piqua, I believe.

Hoban vs Massillon venue has not been determined as of Thursday

Besides which, to address the poster's real interest was match-ups being "better" if it was R6-R7 and R5-R8 to make a Hoban-Massillon final possible, St Ed's best two games were close win against TCC and a loss to Massillon. Makes sense to me, those two having a shot at a final's match.

Besides which, to address the poster's real interest was match-ups being "better" if it was R6-R7 and R5-R8 to make a Hoban-Massillon final possible, St Ed's best two games were close win against TCC and a loss to Massillon. Makes sense to me, those two having a shot at a final's match.

At this point it's almost as if OHSAA has an unwritten rule that 2 private school powers shall never meet in the semis. It just never works out that way. Coincidence? Intentional? Tone deaf (regarding private/public separation debate)?

Geography lessons aside, and bias aside, as a general fan I would like to see a TCC vs. Hoban semi-matchup, and would have LOVED to have ever seen a LaSalle vs. Hoban matchup at their peak powers.

With bias - it is VERY difficult for a public to defeat 2 private powers back to back. I would always err on the side of public v. public & private v. private semi, and let the best public meet the best private in the final.

At this point it's almost as if OHSAA has an unwritten rule that 2 private school powers shall never meet in the semis. It just never works out that way. Coincidence? Intentional? Tone deaf (regarding private/public separation debate)?

Geography lessons aside, and bias aside, as a general fan I would like to see a TCC vs. Hoban semi-matchup, and would have LOVED to have ever seen a LaSalle vs. Hoban matchup at their peak powers.

With bias - it is VERY difficult for a public to defeat 2 private powers back to back. I would always err on the side of public v. public & private v. private semi, and let the best public meet the best private in the final.
You want some cheese to go with that whine?

It's a fun scenario when it happens organically. In this year's D2 case, I can't find any fault in OHSAA predetermination of match-ups. In addition, Wapak is a good site selection (though I really like Sidney). As for the other site, selection. OHSAA has hit their quota of good decisions, Mass-Hoban will be held in Toledo.

Agreed eastis. But considering the ongoing private/public debate they certainly are not shy about the optics of an all private final. Call me a public school honk, I'll admit that bias. I get what you are saying though, it would be hard to manufacture a Ed v. Moe, and Gahanna v. Springfield semis considering geography only. But that's what we are looking at (4 privates) in D1/D2 if the favorites win. That'll go over, lol.

Anyhoo Go Kings! Go Massillon! And Gahanna & Springfield.

It’s not that deep.
WIN/Beat the team in front of you and none of that matters. Winton Woods managed to do it. Maybe King’s or Massillon can pull it off this season.
I got my popcorn

Agreed eastis. But considering the ongoing private/public debate they certainly are not shy about the optics of an all private final. Call me a public school honk, I'll admit that bias. I get what you are saying though, it would be hard to manufacture a Ed v. Moe, and Gahanna v. Springfield semis considering geography only. But that's what we are looking at (4 privates) in D1/D2 if the favorites win. That'll go over, lol.

Anyhoo Go Kings! Go Massillon! And Gahanna & Springfield.
Aren’t kids, kids?

Kids are Kids, Yes. But we all know there is some disparity between Private vs Public schools in general. Anytime you have a private school that can recruit at a high level playing against a public school who doesn't even have open enrollment the pendullum of fairness is offset.

Anyhoo Go Kings! Go TCC! Go Massillon! And Gahanna & Springfield.

Me too but I'm also a homer, lol.

Who told you it was concussion protocol? Unless you know for sure, like you examined him, you're passing on horrible information. Not fair to Marshall, his family, or his school.
That comes from the Moeller announcers during the radio broadcast who mentioned it several times. Not confirmed, but suspected..

Did they change it? The D1 state semi was to be played at London Bowlus Field I thought, D2 at Piqua
I'm really not sure & haven't checked ohsaa
As it was released Thursday.

1668911598213.png