Freshman football 2020

Anyone with some insight on the freshman team know what their lineup looks like? I've heard really good things about the number of kids playing.
Like some said earlier (Purple Reign?), there were ~80 kids to sign up. Hopefully, there are some B games on the schedule bc I believe the 60 player limit extends to all levels.

As far as the actual talent level, IDK. I’ll know more when a roster is out. Based just on the Feeder kids they probably landed, they’ll be good. As with most classes, the difference bw being good and great will be the talent level of non feeder kids.

Like some said earlier (Purple Reign?), there were ~80 kids to sign up. Hopefully, there are some B games on the schedule bc I believe the 60 player limit extends to all levels.
There are B games scheduled against Moeller and St. X. Hopefully they can pick up some additional games after week 6.

As far as the actual talent level, IDK. I’ll know more when a roster is out. Based just on the Feeder kids they probably landed, they’ll be good. As with most classes, the difference bw being good and great will be the talent level of non feeder kids.

Another B game would be great, but they really need to pick up another A game. They only have 4 scheduled. Lasalle, St. Xavier, and Moeller all have 6 freshman A games scheduled.

Another B game would be great, but they really need to pick up another A game. They only have 4 scheduled. Lasalle, St. Xavier, and Moeller all have 6 freshman A games scheduled.

It does suck to have more kids sign up this yr than in a decade, and you can only play 60. No clue how X is going to handle it when they probably have 2x that amount signed up.

It does suck to have more kids sign up this yr than in a decade, and you can only play 60. No clue how X is going to handle it when they probably have 2x that amount signed up.

X only has 2 B games scheduled(Moeller, Elder). The B teams could play each other twice.

Why couldn't each Freshmen team become 2 freshmen teams. They can all play different schedules and even play the other freshmen team from the same school. Sounds like a logical and easy solution to the "problem. And when I say divide, I don't mean cherry pick based off perceived talent. Just randomly divide the team. You'd get more kids practicing, more kids playing, and more engagement. Just a thought for the GCL schools that always seem to have more than 60 for freshmen football.

Why couldn't each Freshmen team become 2 freshmen teams. They can all play different schedules and even play the other freshmen team from the same school. Sounds like a logical and easy solution to the "problem. And when I say divide, I don't mean cherry pick based off perceived talent. Just randomly divide the team. You'd get more kids practicing, more kids playing, and more engagement. Just a thought for the GCL schools that always seem to have more than 60 for freshmen football.
That's not a bad idea, but who would they play? Even in a normal year when almost half of any GCL South varsity team's games are against out-of-town teams and the ECC and GMC are locked up in 7 or 8 weeks of league play there probably aren't 6-8 extra freshman games available. Maybe this is where the GCL South schools should play each other twice?

That's not a bad idea, but who would they play? Even in a normal year when almost half of any GCL South varsity team's games are against out-of-town teams and the ECC and GMC are locked up in 7 or 8 weeks of league play there probably aren't 6-8 extra freshman games available. Maybe this is where the GCL South schools should play each other twice?
If every GLC South school has 2 freshmen teams, then there are 8 teams total. Play each one and you have 7 games. That seems like a great starting number for a freshmen schedule. It would cut down on travel, guarantee that they actually play teams of similar competition, and no more silly B games.

I thought the freshman coaches did a great job last year of working kids in even in big games last year. The way to measure the success is look how many kids came back for the soph year. Pretty much all of them or close to them. In a shortened season like the HS has, its a city wide challenge for PT.

After last yr it was good to see the majority of kids from the Freshman team return to play JV. There were also at least 3 Sophs that actual played up on Friday: Flowers at S, James at OG, and Freeman at NT.

Last edited:
Last edited:
While looking online for Floyd Central's first two games, I saw that they plan to webcast the freshman and JV games on Saturday.

Frosh: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/floyd-central-high-school-floyds-knobs-in/gamabb08addfe
JV: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/floyd-central-high-school-floyds-knobs-in/gam23dcf6104f

You can get an account that provides a free subscription to their site through July using the code: LNS2021
Am I missing something? I can't find where to put the code?

Can anyone fill me on what the starting Lineup looks like? Or at least some of the key players?