Football Coach

Heard from a rather reliable individual that OH Football may be looking for another new HC for next year. He told me that Coach Dreyer is a finalist for the Anderson job. Any truth to this?

His schemes don't work in Division 1. I believe he will go and get back to Eastern Hamilton County. If he applied, I think that Dreyer believes he can never compete in the GMC with OH's talent pool.

His schemes don't work in Division 1. I believe he will go and get back to Eastern Hamilton County. If he applied, I think that Dreyer believes he can never compete in the GMC with OH's talent pool.

Well, his scheme works in small school football, that's it. Here is what I don't understand about the guys that have come in here. Look at their track record before OH and after. The previous coaches had success before they became Highlanders and most have gone off and had success at other schools. HC's have giant egos, and those egos tell them that they can make it where others have failed. Then they find that hard reality that OH is a terrible place to come in to.

It's not just Dreyer but I would love to have a copy of his rhetoric when he was initially hired by OH. Now he leaves less than 12 months later?

It is ridiculous the number of coaches who simply say whatever it is that everyone wants to hear. It is all utter nonsense. OH invested in you Dreyer because you were promising change, culture, community, loyalty, etc. :Ohno:

It's not just Dreyer but I would love to have a copy of his rhetoric when he was initially hired by OH. Now he leaves less than 12 months later?

It is ridiculous the number of coaches who simply say whatever it is that everyone wants to hear. It is all utter nonsense. OH invested in you Dreyer because you were promising change, culture, community, loyalty, etc. :Ohno:

not to mention all the jobs that were opened up and employees moved around so he could get his own assistants.

jtk
()

not to mention all the jobs that were opened up and employees moved around so he could get his own assistants.

jtk
()

This..... easily the most frustrating part.

For those counting, 4 positions filled by his assistants

His schemes didn't work in Division 3 at Western Brown either lol. Or 2, whichever they switched to. He ran his numbers up against small crappy programs like Blanchester and Hillsboro, and everybody around here was all impressed with how many points they scored, how many yards blah blah blah... but they overlooked the fact he was averaging 3 interceptions a game against low level schools. I predicted it. And it happened... both playoff games they went to they got smashed. I was sorry for you guys when you got him lol. He has zero interest or idea on defense, and he'll do the exact same thing at Anderson. It sucks for them, they've been struggling lately after having a fairly good reputation for solid football in years past.

Dreyer is an OC or quarterback coach. Nothing more. After he screws up Anderson, any school would be dumb to hire him as anything other than that.

So where do they go from here? I don't see how they can go outside of the district on the next hire. With Dryer bringing 4 assistants who ultimately obtained teaching positions, I don't see how they have room in the district to hire outside. Within the halls of OH and other schools in the district, I know they have several experienced coaches already employed, so is that the direction? These guys come to mind.

Mike Blaut
Dan Boles(assistant under last 3 HC's)
Kenyon Commins(Former OC, Current OC at Ross)
Ken Meibers(former assistant at Fairfield, Colerain, and OH)
Bret Schneiber(former assistant and special teams Coordinator under Kurry Commins, current OC at Mariemont under Commins)
Dan Scholz(obvious)
Jim Barr(former assistant at OH under Commins, current assistant at Mariemont)
Dave Dransman(assistant under Commins, Scholz, and Dryer)
Chris Dougoud(former O-line coach at St. X, OH, and Harrison)

These are the only guys that make sense, question is, do any of them want the job?

So where do they go from here? I don't see how they can go outside of the district on the next hire. With Dryer bringing 4 assistants who ultimately obtained teaching positions, I don't see how they have room in the district to hire outside. Within the halls of OH and other schools in the district, I know they have several experienced coaches already employed, so is that the direction? These guys come to mind.

Mike Blaut
Bret Schneiber(former assistant and special teams Coordinator under Kurry Commins, current OC at Mariemont under Commins)
Dan Scholz(obvious)

These are the only guys that make sense, question is, do any of them want the job?

Mike Kain ?

Mike Blaut
Dan Scholz(obvious)

I vote for Dan Boles! If he even wants it that is...

Mike Blaut - No chance he leaves a good spot at RB and a place he has been for years now.
Dan Boles(assistant under last 3 HC's) - Hasn't he been reassigned, fired, or not asked to be a part of the last 3 staffs? Doesn't seem like a good choice - so likely the one OH will go with...
Kenyon Commins(Former OC, Current OC at Ross) - No chance he leaves one of the best districts in SWOH to come back to the place his brother left.
Ken Meibers(former assistant at Fairfield, Colerain, and OH) - Too smart to take on the nightmare that is OHFB.
Bret Schneiber(former assistant and special teams Coordinator under Kurry Commins, current OC at Mariemont under Commins) - Would have already put his hat in the ring before if he actually wanted this job.
Dan Scholz(obvious) - LOL!
Jim Barr(former assistant at OH under Commins, current assistant at Mariemont) - Lacks the experience needed to likely turn this thing around. Apparently is in the district though.
Dave Dransman(assistant under Commins, Scholz, and Dryer) - Has bounced around quite a bit. Does he even have the knowledge needed to be HC?
Chris Dougoud(former O-line coach at St. X, OH, and Harrison) - No...

These are the only guys that make sense, question is, do any of them want the job? - If they are dumb and desperate to be a HC.

You can see my thoughts in bold. As a westside person I would have to think any person with common sense would see this is a nightmare of a job. You aren't going to compete in the GMC yearly, ever. You don't have the athletes the other schools have, not even close. The football culture is defeated and enabled and unstable. The alignment from youth-HS is as poor as you will find in the entire city. Oddly, it hasn't been the staffs to blame. Each staff has come and gone with success before and after. The final common thread is all of them struggled at OH. They win before, they take the OH job and lose/forget how to coach, then win at their new place of business. That goes for HC's and the assistants that have been there. Any real candidate that does their research is going to see clearly this place is a trap job. Huge school, good pay, good conference, lots of students. Seems like an easy turnaround. It isn't, won't be, and never will be.

This whole thing is just a mess. I feel sorry for the community and student athletes at Oak Hills. No wonder there are coaches that actually live in the community but would rather drive to another school to coach. Incredible!!!:wallbang:

pretty sure they found their new coach........i won't name anyone until it's official.

jtk
()

Mike Dyer reported that Coots the AD has resigned on Monday but will stay on until the end of the year. Who hires the next FB coach ? And will they have an announcement before April ?

He was forced to resign or they would have fired him. Anyone involved would have seen this coming.

He managed to compile a large enough deficit in his one year that they didn't want him back. I am sure there are more reasons too.

Long story short, there was a lot of talk from him about being 'financially sound' as an athletic department, and that pillar of his job was not performed adequately.

outside candidate but former player is the new coach...pending board approval.

jtk
()

It will take the new coach 5-10 years just to get it back to mediocrity. It will definitely be an uphill battle. OHHS keeps changing coaches looking for a quick fix to the problem. Whoever they hire, let the guy coach and allow him to do his job. OH reminds me of the Cleveland Browns (NFL) and the Sacramento Kings (NBA). All three organizations keep swapping out coaches without thinking long term. :wallbang:

in all fairness, the last HC of OH left on his own. he wasn't asked to leave.

jtk
()