Food Plant Fires

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
I can predict the typical response from our Leftist friends on Yappi but there is something amiss with all the food plant fires that have occurred this year. Of course SNOPES and other false fact checking sites are trying to down play this and say it's not a valid conspiracy concern. In the meantime prices continue to rise and Biden's Administration is predicting food shortages in the near future.

With China and super wealthy buying up all of our farmland you now have food processing plants burning. Something is definitely amiss in all of this.

I can predict the typical response from our Leftist friends on Yappi but there is something amiss with all the food plant fires that have occurred this year. Of course SNOPES and other false fact checking sites are trying to down play this and say it's not a valid conspiracy concern. In the meantime prices continue to rise and Biden's Administration is predicting food shortages in the near future.

With China and super wealthy buying up all of our farmland you now have food processing plants burning. Something is definitely amiss in all of this.

A couple of things here.

Why doesn’t the author link stories for all of the events?

The author doesn’t provide any historical data at all. Is this incident rate actually unusual?

I’m not worried about China buying our farmland. We could take that back. I’m more worried about Bill Gates, ADM, etc.

The enemy within is always a greater concern

As far as the food plant fires, I’d love to know how many of the plant fires are occurring in Union plants. Could the fires and breakdowns be disproportionately affecting union shops ?

The industry has been caught repeatedly for price fixing, using undocumented labor and safety and labor violations. But they donate billions to republican causes so....

The industry has been caught repeatedly for price fixing, using undocumented labor and safety and labor violations. But they donate billions to republican causes so....
It's far worse than that.

The largest food wholesalers collude as well.

The Perdues are well known Republicans.

I don' t know what the "leftists" on the board have to say about it. My conservatice mindset says if fires are being lit intentionally, Insurancce companies are not going to over look it to follow some political agenda. They're going to follow the close money, not the far money. Besides, rising prices are clearly in the best interest of the Republicans. The more the merrior before next election cycle

A couple of things here.

Has anyone checked if Ferris Bueller is behind this?

New World Order?

The Clinton Foundation?

Hunter?

Don Jr.?

Perhaps Hunter and Don Jr. teamed up on this one?

In this forum anything is possible but Indiandad nailed it.

There are 36,485 USDA inspected food processing plants in the US. I suspect 25 fires is a pretty small number. That's roughly one plant every 4 years.

That was my question when this first started being talked about. How can anyone know what "a lot" of fires are, without knowing the entire size of our food processing industry.

That was my question when this first started being talked about. How can anyone know what "a lot" of fires are, without knowing the entire size of our food processing industry.
There's 5.9 million commercial buildings in the US and about 5000 commercial building fires each year. That's a rate of about .00085 annually. 25 fires in the food industry is a rate of .00068 annually.

There were a lot of food processors that took huge losses during the pandemic. Perhaps the cut back on maintenance, replacing old equipment, training employees as turnover increased, cleaning properly etc.

As EIB alluded to insurance fraud could be a portion as well.

Your first article was from June 27, 2019.

The time period they refer back to was in 2008 when crap hit the fan. I recall purchasing 30 dozen egg cases back then for $9. Poultry operations had a net production cost of $21 / case (30 dozen). When prices went that low nobody wanted to purchase the newly hatched chicks to raise up and lose $15 / head on those birds. Some called it price fixing, and it was indeed an attempt to cut supply of eggs and meat, but they were forced to do so because at those prices no one was purchasing those birds.

Deflationary periods suck, and when things suck bad enough steps are taken to restore equilibrium in markets. Nothing to see here.

Need more info on the JBS story to determine if colluding is taking place. I would like to see average purchase price and average packer margins over a few years. If margins drastically increased after 2015 then there may be evidence of collusion. If in the other hand, these companies are operating within competitive net profits, I can't see how they can be blamed for a run on meat during Covid that depleted meat stocks and drove prices exceptionally high.

I think you would have a better chance to prove both the Trump and Biden administration's colluded to screw middle class America by handing out trillions of dollars to people to purchase food items and fill their freezers with meat like it was a contest.

Last edited:

Shut them all down ................that will solve everything.