Fitch Falcons 2022

Year in and year out Fitch has much more talent, speed, and athleticism than Canfield. Last year was definitely an abbreviation of the teams due to injuries. Fitch wins eight out of ten games decade in and decade out.
No they don’t. In the past yes. But since like 2017… that is absolutely not the case. Actually I’ll give you speed and athleticism but that doesn’t always translate to W’s.

As an aside here is an update to Canfield's schedule as of the moment:
8/19 A West Branch [IV:13]

8/26 A Bellevue [IV:14]
(this week was formerly Dover)

9/2 H Poland Seminary [IV:13]

9/9 H/A TBA/TBD

9/16 A Chaney [III:9]

9/23 H/A TBA/TBD

9/30 A Dover [III:9] (this week was formerly Fitch)

10/7 A East [III:9]

10/14 H Howland [III:9]

10/21H Boardman [II:5]

I am very surprised they are willing to travel 3 hours to Toledo to play Bellevue, perhaps it is a home and home...

Year in and year out Fitch has much more talent, speed, and athleticism than Canfield. Last year was definitely an abbreviation of the teams due to injuries. Fitch wins eight out of ten games decade in and decade out.
Probably true. Last year they lose 10 out of 10 tho

Canfield caught us at the right time. We had a ton of injuries and had lost some tough games. I know we whacked Mooney before the Canfield game, but we were still wheeling a bit from the Massillon game. That was a game that we definitely could have won. Not having Smith play his usual positions hurt the offense and the defense. Canfield jumped on us, and we just could not respond. There was no fight. It really scared me because it looked like our season was done. But even at full strength, I don't think we would beat Canfield 8/10 games. They would be much more even. Canfield is really good. They have a good coach and really disciplined kids, and that will go along way in high school football. But that loss last year was a fluke. I'm not saying Canfield would not have won the game if we were at full strength because they definitely could have beaten us with all of our players in, but we were not that far behind them without the injuries. I really wanted to play them again, but it's not meant to be.

I wish Fitch was at full strength last year against Canfield because that would have been a really really good game. But in the last 5 years head 2 head Fitch wouldn’t have beat Canfield & I don’t think they would this coming season

I wish Fitch was at full strength last year against Canfield because that would have been a really really good game. But in the last 5 years head 2 head Fitch wouldn’t have beat Canfield & I don’t think they would this coming season
I think at full strength last year Fitch could have beaten Canfield. The year before I think Fitch would have beaten them. Fitch beat a lot of good teams soundly in Parker's first year. I would not think that Canfield would have been better than Benedictine or Steubenville. The pervious years I think we would have split them. The had common opponents and Fitch beat them more easily than Canfield. I don't want to get into the breakdown, but you can look at Joe Eitel and see it. Next year would be really difficult for Canfield to beat Fitch. If they get a solid QB with the line and the backs the Falcons are going to have, Canfield will not stop us. The defense will be a lot better next year too.

I think at full strength last year Fitch could have beaten Canfield. The year before I think Fitch would have beaten them. Fitch beat a lot of good teams soundly in Parker's first year. I would not think that Canfield would have been better than Benedictine or Steubenville. The pervious years I think we would have split them. The had common opponents and Fitch beat them more easily than Canfield. I don't want to get into the breakdown, but you can look at Joe Eitel and see it. Next year would be really difficult for Canfield to beat Fitch. If they get a solid QB with the line and the backs the Falcons are going to have, Canfield will not stop us. The defense will be a lot better next year too.
Canfield does return one the best QBs in the state

Canfield does return one the best QBs in the state
I know that kid is tough, but one player will not equal a win. Look what happened to Medina vs. St. Ed's this year. I'm not saying Canfield couldn't beat Fitch next year. I just think it would be very tough for them, even with their QB. I went over all of the players we have back, and I am confident that the talent will be there. It doesn't matter though because we are not playing each other. It would be sweet if both Fitch and Canfield could get into the state championship games. Canfield probably has a better shot at that than Fitch. Our region is loaded with the likes of Benedictine, Hudson, Walsh, and Hoban, not to mention Boardman and Harding too. And if we could get out of there, we would have to face Massillon or LaSalle. Chardon, Kenston, Dover, and maybe Steubenville could get in the Cardinals' way, but I think Canfield should be favored against everyone of those teams next year. Chardon really seems to be rolling, but they lost a lot of players. Both teams, though, should have good seasons next year.

I know that kid is tough, but one player will not equal a win. Look what happened to Medina vs. St. Ed's this year. I'm not saying Canfield couldn't beat Fitch next year. I just think it would be very tough for them, even with their QB. I went over all of the players we have back, and I am confident that the talent will be there. It doesn't matter though because we are not playing each other. It would be sweet if both Fitch and Canfield could get into the state championship games. Canfield probably has a better shot at that than Fitch. Our region is loaded with the likes of Benedictine, Hudson, Walsh, and Hoban, not to mention Boardman and Harding too. And if we could get out of there, we would have to face Massillon or LaSalle. Chardon, Kenston, Dover, and maybe Steubenville could get in the Cardinals' way, but I think Canfield should be favored against everyone of those teams next year. Chardon really seems to be rolling, but they lost a lot of players. Both teams, though, should have good seasons next year.
I know what you’re saying, I believe the Canfield line was also very young last season, they should be a tough out for everyone. Parker is doing a good job at Fitch, but pav is head and shoulders the better coach as of now

I don’t think Chardon lost as much as you think. Apparently this last year was supposed to be their down year, and they went undefeated/easily won almost every game. I think they’ll be the favorite in every game they play/biggest favorite to win D3 state for the third year in a row. I do think Canfield will be favored over the others, though.

Chardon did lose a couple of key players, who both went to YSU. I'm really excited about Nathaniel Sulka and Alex McDonald coming into the Penguins program. Pretty shocked that Sulka came to YSU. He's a three star guy with offers to some good FBS programs like Iowa State. Chardon's coach has it rolling there. He still will run the wing-T, which gives teams fits. I've heard that Chardon was supposed to be a year away. Only time will tell. I'm hoping that Sulka and McDonald get a lot of playing time with the Penguins. I could see Chardon fans making the trip down to the Ice Castle to see them play. Last year YSU was really bizarre. They beat three playoff teams and lost to Indiana State and North Dakota. Two games that they should have won. If they won those two games with wins over Incarnate Word, Missouri State, and Southern Illinois. So there was some signs that the team is getting better. I think Sulka can come in and get playing time. Really tough kid. YSU had got to get back to the State of Youngstown days of Tressel when he really recruited Northeast Ohio really well. If there are more kids from the area on the team, more people will go to the games to see their hometown players.

Not true… last years game was a 1 yr deal… it was a return favor for the 2003 game when Canfield traveled to Fitch.
That is crazy that it was 20 years after the fact. It was so long ago that I was in high school at the time.
I thought it might be possible but didn't think it was too likely.
The one thing that doesn't make sense is Arbiter had the return trip on the schedule for both teams originally.

Yeah this just proves Canfield is the one who did not want the game.
The game that was played last year was the second game of a home and home series technically. The first game was played in 2003. The second game was to be played at Canfield at a time mutually agreeable to both teams which turned out to be last year.
Very unusual situation if nothing else.

The game that was played last year was the second game of a home and home series technically. The first game was played in 2003. The second game was to be played at Canfield at a time mutually agreeable to both teams which turned out to be last year.
?

Didn't you tell us earlier that Fitch backed out? Canfield had to completely rearrange their schedule?

I don't know how I feel about this. If we win, it will be a huge win. This team is no joke. I looked at their players on the Hudl, and they have some really big dudes. They look good too. They look as good as a Hoban or a LaSalle. We will be giving up a lot of size.

I don't know how I feel about this. If we win, it will be a huge win. This team is no joke. I looked at their players on the Hudl, and they have some really big dudes. They look good too. They look as good as a Hoban or a LaSalle. We will be giving up a lot of size.
Looking at their schedule last year though. They got destroyed by Bishop Gorman twice, and also lost to another Vegas team by 4TDs. Of course I do understand that Bishop Gorman is a top 10 team nationally, in most cases

Didn't you tell us earlier that Fitch backed out? Canfield had to completely rearrange their schedule?
So it is a really convoluted situation apparently. The game last year was the completion of a home and home but they initially planned to continue the series next year, so one or both parties backed out of the game the following year.

Honestly that makes more sense to me than Fitch backing out. You don’t schedule games like Massillon and McKinley, but back out of playing Canfield.
Yes, and also Fitch replaced Canfield in Week 7, by playing at D1 Strongsville. Not great, but a decent D1 team.

Cam Smith is finally getting offers. He saved us in two game for sure. Younger Falcons seem to be getting traction. This should be an interesting year.