Assistant Coaches:
Robert Jones
Becki Spalding
Nicole Fiddler

Record last season: 17-3 overall, 7-1 AAC League
League Affiliation: AAC
Last year's playoff results: Lost in District Final to Hoover

Top players returning:
Maddy Taylor Sr. - 2nd Team All-District, 1st team All-Conference, signed to play at Seton Hill, hit .500 least year
Ayla Ray Soph. - Honorable mention All-District, 2nd All-Conference, hit .500
Bella Tofil Soph. 1st All-Conference, hit .400
McKenna Hogan. 1st team All-Conference, hit .382

Top players lost:
Lydia Spalding 2nd Team All State, 1st Team All-district, 1st team All Conference, Signed and currently playing with Penn State. hit .656
Sydney Shaffer 2nd team All-District, 1st team All-Conference, hit .489 signed with Ohio Northwestern University and is currently playing

New impact players:
Sydnie Watts - Fr. Pitcher - She brings power to the circle and strong bat at the plate. She is a difference maker as a Freshman

Final Comments:
We are replacing 3 starters from last years squad so experience will be something we will lean on as our Freshman pitcher gets used to the grind of the HS schedule. We should be explosive on the offensive side and have an athletic defense out on the diamond. We will know real quick who we are scrimmaging Hoover, Ursuline, South Range, and Walsh Jesuit.

Twitter:
@SoftballFitch

Last edited:

Here is a nice article about her:

Young Guns is a reoccurring article, in which we spotlight fireball pitchers who have verified game time cruising speeds of at least 60 miles per hour. Today, we are highlighting Sydnie Watts, a 2025 graduate who plays for the Lady Dukes Betsa/Hebert/Lamar team. Sydnie has an amazing pitching arsenal and is an absolute stud power hitter.

Who are you? I am Sydnie Watts and I love softball. I love everything about it. Softball has been my life since I was 7 years old. I have worked hard year round to reach my goals and I am always ready to step up in any situation to be the player that my team needs. I have worked extremely hard to get the recognition I am getting now. I want to continue improving every day and I want to play with and against the best players in the nation. I believe nothing is given in elite travel and college softball and everything is earned. From recruitment, to playing time, to championships. I strive to earn my dream of playing college softball and winning championships with my team now and in college.

I did read that article it was a nice one. My daughter has played with and against her throughout the years. She is a Stud and a nice girl!

Watts poised to lead Fitch squad

The freshman pitcher will replace Lydia Spalding and hopes to lead Falcons back to district final

It’s not easy to replace a senior ace in the circle, but Austintown Fitch softball has a talented freshman ready to step into the role.

Gone is Lydia Spalding, who led the Falcons to a district final last year and is now pitching at Penn State, but freshman Sydnie Watts is prepared to follow in her stead and help lead Fitch into a new season.

“It’s definitely different,” Watts said of the adjustment to high school softball. “I have to push myself way harder because Lydia did amazing things and I know I have to play up to those expectations.”