First Round: Cypress Bay 29 North Miami Beach 20

Cajun try again next year.

I don't see any need for Katy OR John Curtis to have to "try again"...

These 2 Florida 6A playoff teams were outscored by Katy/John Curtis 79-6...

Cypress Bay is the #2 ranked team in Florida 6A...

I'd rather see John Curtis try Trinity again or play Katy...

You all can keep that 6A Florida Recess ball....Throwing the bomb every play or running all these 4.4 kids around the field like they are doing something...That might work on a yearly basis in South Florida, but on the national level means nothing...

You all can keep that 6A Florida Recess ball....Throwing the bomb every play or running all these 4.4 kids around the field like they are doing something...That might work on a yearly basis in South Florida, but on the national level means nothing...

Ha Ha

So nice that you are happy with a win over an average Florida first round team, that under next years playoff format would not even be in the playoffs.

Lets just remember 6a is about as bad as you can get for a big school classification in any state. Next time tell your Schools to take on worthy opponents, then maybe all this bragging you are doing will be worth something.

So again try again next year.

We will keep doing what we are doing in Florida

2008 ranked

#2 St.Thomas Aquinas
#3 Seffner Armwood
#8 Madison County
#9 Lakeland Florida
#24 Tampa Plant

Louisiana
Nothing

Florida where three teams could combine for the last four High School National Titles
2005 Lakeland
2006 Lakeland
2007 Miami Northwestern
2008????? Armwood/St.Thomas Aquinas/Lakeland

And don't worry Florida will keep doing what its doing, and thats winning titles and producing top rated teams. Louisiana must be done for awhile, you have given us a one hit #2 wonder in John Curtis and a College Football National title. Time for ole Louisiana to take a break.

What your whole state is doing may work in Louisiana but it means nothing on the National Level.

Have a good day. Humble Pie must taste oh so good.

Keep that ole Louisiana Game Ball. I hear on the national level they said to add some more Cajun seasoning to it. lol

Last edited:

John Curtis is the #1 team in Louisiana.

Katy is the defending state champion and ranked in one Texas top 25 poll. Not to mention they've murdered both their playoff opponents thus far.

Right. Because South Florida can't compete on the national level. This is obvious because the best team in Louisiana beat a 6-5 Dade team.

Using USA today as a source of rankings is bad.

You can use any source and Florida kills louisiana.

Rivals is even better

Florida
#2 St.thomas Aquinas
#3 Armwood
#14 Lakeland
#17 Glades Central
#24 Madison County
#40 Daytona Beach Mainland
#41 Miami Northwestern
#46 Tampa Plant
#50 Pahokee
#70 West Palm Dwyer
#93 Miami Columbus

Louisiana
#27 West Monroe
#33 Destrehan
#48 John Curtis
#55 Bastrop
#64 Evangel Christian

and like canes said, i think south florida has held its own on the national level. In 2007

#1 Miami Northwestern
#4 Miami Booker T Washington
#6 Pahokee
#14 St. Thomas Aquinas
#40 Naples