Final Four Thoughts for 2024-2025

OHBball15

After looking at an awful weekend attendance-wise because of the teams playing, a game like Shelby-Maysville brought the kind of teams and atmosphere that 99% of the HS Basketball fans around the state want to see. Looking ahead to a 7 division layout, like it or not/with all the downsides, this could setup some great final four matchups, and some great atmospheres if they're at the right location. What are some sites that make sense for these games? What will these final four games look like? Very interested to hear if anyone has heard anything or if anyone has ideas. I believe they did establish that the fairground/Taft coliseum will be brought back. If they include schools you'd want to watch, would you trade the trip to Dayton for the finals to instead attend two or three of the closer final four games to you?

After looking at an awful weekend attendance-wise because of the teams playing, a game like Shelby-Maysville brought the kind of teams and atmosphere that 99% of the HS Basketball fans around the state want to see. Looking ahead to a 7 division layout, like it or not/with all the downsides, this could setup some great final four matchups, and some great atmospheres if they're at the right location. What are some sites that make sense for these games? What will these final four games look like? Very interested to hear if anyone has heard anything or if anyone has ideas. I believe they did establish that the fairground/Taft coliseum will be brought back. If they include schools you'd want to watch, would you trade the trip to Dayton for the finals to instead attend two or three of the closer final four games to you?
I would rather have 2 locations for the state tourney and have the semi-finals and finals in the same spot the way they do now. Maybe use Dayton and Akron. You could do Divisions 1-4 in one location and do D5-7 somewhere else or mix them up....either way would be fine. I'd much rather have it that way then have the semi's played separately then have all 7 finals in the same arena over 2 days.

I’ll think about it, but imo it’s toast. No hood way of doing it so basketball purists can watch and follow multiple teams.

A central location for the Final Four is best and more fair. This holds true for both football and basketball.

A central location for the Final Four is best and more fair. This holds true for both football and basketball.
Agree, unfortunately the central location doesn't want it and the best gym to watch it in is down here in SWOH. I wish UD Arena was in Columbus!!

I would rather have 2 locations for the state tourney and have the semi-finals and finals in the same spot the way they do now. Maybe use Dayton and Akron. You could do Divisions 1-4 in one location and do D5-7 somewhere else or mix them up....either way would be fine. I'd much rather have it that way then have the semi's played separately then have all 7 finals in the same arena over 2 days.
Dayton and Wright State

I love the geographic location, but Wright St is such a bad place to watch basketball. I would rather watch a big HS game at Wittenberg or Wilmington than the Nutter Center
I was looking at the locations to workout like football does for the finals.

Same here.....