Final 4

Empty CUP

SW Ohio represented across al 3 divisions . (State ranks noted)

D1
#2 MND vs New Albany
#6 Walsh Jesuit vs. #4 Anthony Wayne

D2
Wyoming vs Bexley
#4 Rocky River vs #6 Chagrin Falls

D3
#6 Waynesville vs Eastern
#11 Chippewa vs. #8 Ottawa- Glandorf.

Interesting that no state #1's are left. Seems like #6 was the lucky number to make it to the show in all 3 Divisions.. Also Interesting that 4 teams or a third are unranked and not even receiving votes are playing. Only one reaming team beat the top ranked team (Waynesville over CCD) and all 3 of last years State Champs are out. In fact nobody from last years finals are still playing, and only two Rocky River and Anthony Wayne from last years final 4 are still in it.

D1
MND will play AW in the state final.

D2. Bexley vs Rocky River. Rocky RIver wins State title.

D3
Waynesville wins state.

D1
#2 MND vs New Albany

D2
Wyoming vs Bexley

D3

Interesting that no state #1's are left. Seems like #6 was the lucky number to make it to the show in all 3 Divisions.. Also Interesting that 4 teams or a third are unranked and not even receiving votes are playing. Only one reaming team beat the top ranked team (Waynesville over CCD) and all 3 of last years State Champs are out. In fact nobody from last years finals are still playing, and only two Rocky River and Anthony Wayne from last years final 4 are still in it.
My money's on OG. Holy cow..they are good.

Anthony Wayne is playing well at the right time. They already were playing at a high level but have turned it up in the regionals. Their offense is relentless and their middies turn nothing into something frequently. I was shocked at the Strongsville score. AW had lost to them 1-0 during the year but beat them 4-0 on Saturday. They have 14 seniors on their roster that is making their third straight trip to the final 4.

Eastwood unfortunately was without their All-American attacker....would've been interesting had she been able to play.

Some Interesting stats from the playoffs for the locals playing.

D1 / #2 MND Played 2 state ranked teams - #8 Centerville and #11 Beavercreek
D2 / #NA Wyoming played 1 State ranked team - #10 Badin
D3 / #6 Waynesville played 3 state ranked teams - #1 CCD, #7 Mariemont, #15 Anna

Defenisve play

MND has not conceded a goal all playoffs.
Wyoming 3 goals in 6 games, 4 shut outs.
Waynesville has not conceded a goal all playoffs.

Top offensive performers

MND / Kohls 5 games - 8 Goals 4 assists , held scoreless in 1 game vs #11 Beavercreek
Wyoming / Taylor 6 games - 4 goals 0 assists , Held scoreless in 3 games vs #10 Badin, Vs. Taylor and vs. Bishop Hartley
Waynesville / Erbach 5 games - 9 goals 3 assists, held scoreless in 0 games

Good luck to all the young ladies tonight.

Walsh Jesuit wins 1-0 over Anthony Wayne.
Surprised by this one. AW was playing at such a high level. We didnt play Walsh this year but we did last year with a subpar team. A lot can change in a year but I didnt think the team we played last year would be back in the final four and could beat AW. So, hats off to Walsh.

D1
#2 MND vs New Albany

D2
Wyoming vs Bexley

D3

I agree it's interesting...and also highly unusual. Personally, I think the tournament is more compelling when we don't know in advance who is going to win. Congrats to all the regional champions and hoping for three great games on Friday.

Can't believe MND smoked New Albany 4-0. Not sure who the favorite will be for the final between MND and CUYAHOGA FALLS WALSH JESUIT.

All Southwest Ohio Final. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Two first time in the finals schools, MND and Waynesville have been just dominant as of late. 4-0 and 5-0 in the Regional finals?!?! That's just crazy. Neither has yet to give up a goal all postseason also crazy. . MND's path was through all 3 of the GWOC's best, and Waynesville beat the State #1 and the State #7 that beat D2 Wyoming 2-0. Interesting that both schools also had perfect records last season and both lost in the regional semi finals. What a strange mirrored path they have both taken.

Wyoming has shown they play with toughness and tenacity and just keep rising to the challenge.

Good luck to all these local young ladies Friday!

Surprised by this one. AW was playing at such a high level. We didnt play Walsh this year but we did last year with a subpar team. A lot can change in a year but I didnt think the team we played last year would be back in the final four and could beat AW. So, hats off to Walsh.
Great new head coach combined with talent can make a big difference.

I saw about 50 minutes of regulation and all of overtime for Chagrin Falls v. Wyoming. Though scoreless, I found it to be an excellent match. I saw most of the first half, and CF was in control. They had a clear chance on a cross to open player. Wyoming keeper managed to get her shins in the way of the shot. Wyoming seems to assert control in the second half. CF had a great chance late in regulation as center striker got ball behind the defense and tried to meg the Wyoming keeper, who was well outside the box. Keeper got just enough of ball to prevent the CF player from dribbling by her into goal. Wyoming hit the crossbar from about maybe 30 in the final minute of regulation. Wyoming had the best chance in overtime, with their top scorer getting a ball from point blank range, which she calmly one-timed...but the CF keeper made an amazing reflex save...which literally saved the state championship. CF keeper saved 2 of the first 3 Wyoming pks, and CF buried all four of their attempts.