3. Garfield Heights, 85
4. Lewis Center Olentangy Orange, 79
5. Findlay, 73
6. Delaware Hayes, 57
7. Toledo Whitmer, 51
8. Louisville, 46
9. Sandusky, 21
10. Cincinnati Elder, 17
Others receiving 12 or more points: None.

Division II:
1. Rocky River Lutheran West (11), 118
2. Shelby, 95
3. Lexington, 92
4. Youngstown Ursuline, 57
5. Columbus Bishop Hartley, 56
6. Cincinnati Wyoming (1), 53
7. Willard, 33
8. Cuyahoga Falls CVCA, 30
9t. Kettering Alter, 18
9t. Marietta, 18
Others receiving 12 or more points: Canfield 14. Creston Norwayne 14. Tipp City Tippecanoe 14.

Division III:
1. Ottawa-Glandorf (4), 107
2. Cleveland Heights Lutheran East (4), 103
3. Malvern (3), 100
4. Emmanuel Christian, 77
5. Castalia Margaretta, 45
6t. New Madison Tri-Village (1), 39
6t. Canal Winchester Harvest Prep, 39
8t. Ashland Crestview, 37
8t. Worthington Christian, 27
10t. Archbold, 22
10t. Camden Preble Shawnee, 22
Others receiving 12 or more points: Youngstown Cardinal Mooney 16.

Division IV:
1. Toledo Christian (3), 104
2. Russia (4), 93
3. Richmond Heights (3), 89
4. Troy Christian, 73
5. Lima Central Catholic, 68
6. Delphos St. John's (1), 64
7. Bascom Hopewell-Loudon, 26
8t. Woodsfield Monroe Central, 24
8t. S. Webster, 24
10t. Berlin Hiland, 19
10t. Antwerp, 19
Others receiving 12 or more points: Pandora-Gilboa 12.

Toledo Christian at number 1 is a joke…..I see 5-6 teams better than them just in NW Ohio…..they will not win their regional…..write it down….. Emmanuel Christian at 4 in D4…..who is doing the voting…..omg!!!!

The AP poll is done by such a small number of voters that I'm not sure how anyone can take it even remotely seriously. There was a week this season that had 16 voters....and the final week only has 12. I can remember years ago when there were 50-60 voters. At this point I'm not sure why they even bother taking the time to put it together.

Centerville had received two first place votes in most of the polls this season, then got 1 first place vote last week and apparently none this week. The AP needs to find another way to do these polls.

The AP Poll matters because it is the AP Poll. Even if few sportswriters participate the final outcome is what it is. Analogy, let's say in the presidential election this year only 3% of the voters show up. The winner still gets sworn is as president, just as if 80% voted.

Having said that, I agree with those who say this has got to change. Sportswriters must commit to voting every week and a higher number of voters geographically balanced must be achieved. Otherwise, it is not as reliable or appreciated at the level it should be.

Toledo Christian at number 1 is a joke…..I see 5-6 teams better than them just in NW Ohio…..they will not win their regional…..write it down….. Emmanuel Christian at 4 in D4…..who is doing the voting…..omg!!!!
You may be spot on in your analysis, I have no idea. However, you leave a clear and concise point of view that Toledo Christian should not be #1 in D4, but I have no idea as to whether you believe Emanuel Christian at #4 in D3 (you said d4) should be higher or lower?

You may be spot on in your analysis, I have no idea. However, you leave a clear and concise point of view that Toledo Christian should not be #1 in D4, but I have no idea as to whether you believe Emanuel Christian at #4 in D3 (you said d4) should be higher or lower?
My mistake….EC is D3 and I meant they are ranked to high……my predictions are always made on SOS!!!!

The AP Poll matters because it is the AP Poll. Even if few sportswriters participate the final outcome is what it is. Analogy, let's say in the presidential election this year only 3% of the voters show up. The winner still gets sworn is as president, just as if 80% voted.

Having said that, I agree with those who say this has got to change. Sportswriters must commit to voting every week and a higher number of voters geographically balanced must be achieved. Otherwise, it is not as reliable or appreciated at the level it should be.
But a team doesn't get a state championship with votes. So it's all silly and pointless anyway.

But a team doesn't get a state championship with votes. So it's all silly and pointless anyway.
I think it used to have much more relevance than it does today. Before the internet era, the only way you could guage where a good team in your area fit into the state elite was via the AP poll. Today, we have a much better idea of just how good a local team is, but still, outside of our region , I have little idea, so that's how AP rankings help me.

I think it used to have much more relevance than it does today. Before the internet era, the only way you could guage where a good team in your area fit into the state elite was via the AP poll. Today, we have a much better idea of just how good a local team is, but still, outside of our region , I have little idea, so that's how AP rankings help me.
Before the internet, voters were really in the dark about teams outside their area.