• Ed Domsitz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Lombardo

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Roy Johnson

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

10 Inch Falcon

Well with the rumors out there that Mueller is expected to take the Monroe HC job Bishop Fenwick is moving quickly through back channels to secure their next head ball coach. Word is they are opening the checkbook up and really want to hit a home run on this hire due to the talent they have returning. Key things they are looking at include continuity, recruiting, and good old fashioned results. I've heard the following people brought up:

Myself: There is mutual interest here. I was involved in the recruitment of all of these kids and many attend my yearly "Summer Slam Bash" at my timeshare in Myrtle Beach. This would be great for continuity. There are concerns about hiring somebody without a HS degree (I quit school after football season senior year).

Gerry Faust: Word is he has reached out. He's been itching to get back in the game and Moeller/CJ are not open jobs at this point. The interview will be very important because Fenwick hasn't seen him coach in the modern age, he'll have to sell them on his NIL/recruiting style. They like his approach to offseason workouts and the use of performance enhancers that fall into a legal grey area.

Ted Ginn Sr: No brainer. He's the best coach in the state. Fenwick has reached out but I doubt he's interested. He's got a great thing going at a great program already.

Mack Brown: Losing Drake Maye this year it seems his window at UNC is coming to a close. Word is he wants to end his career on top and sees Fenwick's returning junior/senior classes. Fenwick obviously would love a P5 coach but there are concerns that he lost a lot of transfers during his time at UNC.

Ed Domsitz: A lot of familiarity here. It would be a very difficult time for Domsitz to leave Alter for another program but money talks. We'll know more after his season concludes as he is still coaching.

Tom Lombardo: Fenwick has reached out to him as he coached the best team in the state this year. He is interested and wants to continue the discussion, but again still coaching so it will have to wait until Monday to flush things out. It would take a big offer to get him away from Ed's

Roy Johnson: He has reached out. Fenwick really likes his recruiting prowess and thinks he could flourish in a situation where a school already exists. His vision and Fenwick's vision for the program are spot on. They are worried about his past execution in previous coaching roles. This is a fallback plan IMO.

Reno Saccoccia: He reached out - he was apparently fuming and wants to be at a school where he can face Alter every year to give them payback. He used the phrase "even if we don't win on the scoreboard we'll win the bottom of the pile" I don't know exactly what that means. Fenwick is concerned with his inability to coach against Alter. They also are worried that he "doesn't do the internet" as Fenwick's program has a film study technology stack that is pretty intricate. They actually visited Michigan and had a few working sessions with Conor Stallions to help build it out.

A few coaches are still ending their seasons so more names could certainly be brought up. If I were a betting man I'd say myself, Faust, Lombardo, and Mack Brown will get interviews. Maybe Roy Johnson if things don't work out with that top four. I will update this thread as new information comes to light. I don't expect to hear any further updates until Monday because I am fine tuning my 500+ page document preparing for the interview. Also, Mueller could come back still so that would obviously change the strategy. I do expect to be the HC of Fenwick at some point - but I could see a two year bridge guy to get the program going while I get my GED first. Feel free to add any info you all hear, I know this will be one of the more exciting OHSAA coaching hires we've seen in a long time!

Real Time Update: Keep an eye out for national champion coach Rush Probst. He's currently stuck at a dead end school in Alabama because of personal issues with the AHSAA and GHSA. He would still be at Colquitt County coaching @SWGA Fan squad and likely competing for national titles if it weren't for the GHSA. He is taking a trip to visit Middletown next week to see if he would be a culture fit. He has concerns about living north of the mason-dixon line but Fenwick would accommodate both of his families and give him a lucrative offer and a chance to win with full control of the progrum.

Real Time Update: Keep an eye out for national champion coach Rush Probst. He's currently stuck at a dead end school in Alabama because of personal issues with the AHSAA and GHSA. He would still be at Colquitt County coaching @SWGA Fan squad and likely competing for national titles if it weren't for the GHSA. He is taking a trip to visit Middletown next week to see if he would be a culture fit. He has concerns about living north of the mason-dixon line but Fenwick would accommodate both of his families and give him a lucrative offer and a chance to win with full control of the progrum.
A move to Ohio makes sense for tax evasion purposes! Dude is more crooked then the Gemstones!

New coaches in basketball and baseball this year. Why does Fenwick struggle to maintain coaches at such an elite institution?

Well with the rumors out there that Mueller is expected to take the Monroe HC job Bishop Fenwick is moving quickly through back channels to secure their next head ball coach. Word is they are opening the checkbook up and really want to hit a home run on this hire due to the talent they have returning. Key things they are looking at include continuity, recruiting, and good old fashioned results. I've heard the following people brought up:

Myself: There is mutual interest here. I was involved in the recruitment of all of these kids and many attend my yearly "Summer Slam Bash" at my timeshare in Myrtle Beach. This would be great for continuity. There are concerns about hiring somebody without a HS degree (I quit school after football season senior year).

Gerry Faust: Word is he has reached out. He's been itching to get back in the game and Moeller/CJ are not open jobs at this point. The interview will be very important because Fenwick hasn't seen him coach in the modern age, he'll have to sell them on his NIL/recruiting style. They like his approach to offseason workouts and the use of performance enhancers that fall into a legal grey area.

Ted Ginn Sr: No brainer. He's the best coach in the state. Fenwick has reached out but I doubt he's interested. He's got a great thing going at a great program already.

Mack Brown: Losing Drake Maye this year it seems his window at UNC is coming to a close. Word is he wants to end his career on top and sees Fenwick's returning junior/senior classes. Fenwick obviously would love a P5 coach but there are concerns that he lost a lot of transfers during his time at UNC.

Ed Domsitz: A lot of familiarity here. It would be a very difficult time for Domsitz to leave Alter for another program but money talks. We'll know more after his season concludes as he is still coaching.

Tom Lombardo: Fenwick has reached out to him as he coached the best team in the state this year. He is interested and wants to continue the discussion, but again still coaching so it will have to wait until Monday to flush things out. It would take a big offer to get him away from Ed's

Roy Johnson: He has reached out. Fenwick really likes his recruiting prowess and thinks he could flourish in a situation where a school already exists. His vision and Fenwick's vision for the program are spot on. They are worried about his past execution in previous coaching roles. This is a fallback plan IMO.

Reno Saccoccia: He reached out - he was apparently fuming and wants to be at a school where he can face Alter every year to give them payback. He used the phrase "even if we don't win on the scoreboard we'll win the bottom of the pile" I don't know exactly what that means. Fenwick is concerned with his inability to coach against Alter. They also are worried that he "doesn't do the internet" as Fenwick's program has a film study technology stack that is pretty intricate. They actually visited Michigan and had a few working sessions with Conor Stallions to help build it out.

A few coaches are still ending their seasons so more names could certainly be brought up. If I were a betting man I'd say myself, Faust, Lombardo, and Mack Brown will get interviews. Maybe Roy Johnson if things don't work out with that top four. I will update this thread as new information comes to light. I don't expect to hear any further updates until Monday because I am fine tuning my 500+ page document preparing for the interview. Also, Mueller could come back still so that would obviously change the strategy. I do expect to be the HC of Fenwick at some point - but I could see a two year bridge guy to get the program going while I get my GED first. Feel free to add any info you all hear, I know this will be one of the more exciting OHSAA coaching hires we've seen in a long time!
I’ll admit this is pretty sound analysis.

Hot Blond(s) are a part of the recruiting strategy but not at the Head Coaching position at this
A legend like you, with your former coach on the staff, you should have all the inside info. I'm sure he is not leaving because of meddling alumni calling BC and complaining about missing a quarter of coaching and not going 8-2. Nah.....you wouldn't haven't done that. LMAO

Fenwick reached out to Dan Mcsurley. After about 90 seconds of uncontrollable laughter he hung up the phone.

Dial tone. Silence.

Had lunch with some old high school buddies. Huge gathering since 10” has me at 28 high schools. Anyway inside info provided was…….Fenwick football provides great comic relief. In the last 6 years they have gone through Snively, Aregood, Haverkamp, Moore, and now Mueller. At least Mueller is leaving to be a head coach, the rest just walked away. Rather do anything else than be around the administration, meddling alumni and parents.

As of this morning, Steve Channell has put in for the job. He pulled the Fenwick roster and looked up all the moms on Facebook and likes what he sees. A falcon baby momma is something he's had on his bingo card for a while now although he'll have some issues competing with the 10 inch falcon. According to the old Miamisburg Spanish teacher, he's dealing with a thimble down there.

Had lunch with some old high school buddies. Huge gathering since 10” has me at 28 high schools. Anyway inside info provided was…….Fenwick football provides great comic relief. In the last 6 years they have gone through Snively, Aregood, Haverkamp, Moore, and now Mueller. At least Mueller is leaving to be a head coach, the rest just walked away. Rather do anything else than be around the administration, meddling alumni and parents.
Yeah let's ignore the actual reasons these guys aren't coaching anymore (including an interim coach? cmon man).

Sounds to me like somebody has an axe to grind because their senior season didn't go so well. I'd be disappointed with Fenwick too if they hired Moore as my senior year coach, I agree they basically punted that hire because they didn't have a good candidate that late in the cycle.

Fortunately, I had the same coach for all four years and he was great. I would never call into Fenwick and complain - High School was the pinnacle of my entire life - even better than Myrtle Beach Summer Slam 2017. If alumni were to call and complain it likely would be alumni from the recent post Haverkamp era who didn't get the great experience that I did. Maybe somebody from the 20/21 teams would do that, but not the guys I played with. Hopefully those former players who didn't get the full experience that I did find peace.

Free Combs BBQ for his entire tenure didn’t even get the conversation off the ground?
PeterDragon and I are hearing conflicting reports. I heard he called Fenwick while intoxicated and requested specific contract language that if he won state he gets Combs BBQ for life. He got angry when the receptionist told him that wasn't really her decision to make and hung up.

As of this morning, Steve Channell has put in for the job. He pulled the Fenwick roster and looked up all the moms on Facebook and likes what he sees. A falcon baby momma is something he's had on his bingo card for a while now although he'll have some issues competing with the 10 inch falcon. According to the old Miamisburg Spanish teacher, he's dealing with a thimble down there.
Please pass along the following for him to reference if you can:

https://fenwickfalcons.org/faculty-staff-2/

We would welcome Channell with open arms.

Yeah let's ignore the actual reasons these guys aren't coaching anymore (including an interim coach? cmon man).

Sounds to me like somebody has an axe to grind because their senior season didn't go so well. I'd be disappointed with Fenwick too if they hired Moore as my senior year coach, I agree they basically punted that hire because they didn't have a good candidate that late in the cycle.

Fortunately, I had the same coach for all four years and he was great. I would never call into Fenwick and complain - High School was the pinnacle of my entire life - even better than Myrtle Beach Summer Slam 2017. If alumni were to call and complain it likely would be alumni from the recent post Haverkamp era who didn't get the great experience that I did. Maybe somebody from the 20/21 teams would do that, but not the guys I played with. Hopefully those former players who didn't get the full experience that I did find peace.
So why would my senior year at another school cause me to have an axe to grind with Fenwick. You said I was a bullied bench warmer who transferred from Fenwick to let’s see, X, Lakota, Monroe, Moeller, Clinton Massie amongst others. All those schools have had much more sucess than the little Falcons. If wasn’t playing at Fenwick, and still didn’t play at the other schools, still a step up in success

Aregood was not interim to set record straight. Look at the timing on Haverkamp again, you are way off. Hmmm., wonder where Dave went to high school and coached at before Fenwick? Yup, no matter which sign you use you should be able to put a connection together

Aregood was not interim to set record straight. Look at the timing on Haverkamp again, you are way off. Hmmm., wonder where Dave went to high school and coached at before Fenwick? Yup, no matter which sign you use you should be able to put a connection together
Aregood was named interim coach for one year and Haverkamp was hired after, look it up. Assuming "Dave" is Haverkamp. Might want to get the guy's name right while trying to make whatever point it is you're trying to make.

I know him pretty well, knew him before he ever stepped foot at Fenwick and have rarely discussed Fenwick football with him. He left for his wife's job, he's the only one on that list that's still coaching. He's been to Texas and now Atlanta so it's clear his priorities are with his wife's gig, totally fine. Snively was solid too - Snively stayed on as the PE teacher and took a hiatus from coaching for his kids senior year (you might recall I said this strategy was good with me in the CJ game thread).

So now we're left with Moore. Don't want to bash a guy who's a nice dude but let's be real he's not a legit varsity football coach. So one bad hire, great, anything else?

So why would my senior year at another school cause me to have an axe to grind with Fenwick. You said I was a bullied bench warmer who transferred from Fenwick to let’s see, X, Lakota, Monroe, Moeller, Clinton Massie amongst others. All those schools have had much more sucess than the little Falcons. If wasn’t playing at Fenwick, and still didn’t play at the other schools, still a step up in success
Ehh let's just stay away from the topic of where you played your senior year of football at, we know where it was, and we know you don't want it out there.