EUCLID

Against a more reasonable schedule, maybe Euclid gets 3 or 4 wins in a transition year. But the graduation of a talented class, Rotsky leaving, and the transfers that always follow have made this grueling schedule look even more formidable.

In 3-5 years when Rotsky leaves VASJ, I imagine they too will be in a similar position of where they were before him.

It seems that only Cleveland Heights has done as well (or even better) in the aftermath of Rotsky. Chanel, Maple, and Euclid all dropped off.

Just goes to show the inflated ego that some of you guys have because you beat, let me check, CVCA..
Exactly, they used to play Massillon, McKinley, St. Ed, and the like....took a hard hard fall.
coyote wile GIF

Wow, talk about a trolling thread.

Let's also not forget that at many of his stops there was a portion of the fan and booster base happy to see Rotsky go. The guy does some good things but let's not get on our high trolling horse because of a few wins after a period of struggling. Win with class. Lose with class.

Wow VASJ has their first 3-win season in 50 years and thinks they can come on here and talk s***.
I asked about the coach. I am not boasting about JOES for they have not done anything to warrant putting up a banner. Mass. will put up a sign for their effort against Eds.

Last edited:
I asked about the coach. I am not boasting about JOES for they have not done anything to warrant putting a banner. Mass. will put up a sign for their effort against Eds.
Of course you wouldn’t be boasting about Joe’s. They haven’t played a game in 30 years.
Perfectly on brand for you to try and start crap and then try to act all angelic like you’re not doing anything wrong.

Against a more reasonable schedule, maybe Euclid gets 3 or 4 wins in a transition year. But the graduation of a talented class, Rotsky leaving, and the transfers that always follow have made this grueling schedule look even more formidable.

In 3-5 years when Rotsky leaves VASJ, I imagine they too will be in a similar position of where they were before him.

It seems that only Cleveland Heights has done as well (or even better) in the aftermath of Rotsky. Chanel, Maple, and Euclid all dropped off.
One thing Rotsky has done is picked schools that have a bunch of upside and while they struggled in the immediate aftermath, Maple Heights and Cleveland Heights seem to have rebounded. Chanel closed and Euclid is in year one of the post-Rotsky transition.

Euclid will be a challenge because Rotsky is still in the neighborhood, but it's a program that should be at least be able to rebound to respectability.

Joe's is much better and will be even better next year when Rotsky has a known comity to sell to the area players. Why go to Euclid, Wickliffe, Richmond Hts, etc - when you can come play at VASJ and compete for State Championship. This year was just the start.

That being said at some point Rotsky has to prove he can win the big games. He has not done that much in his career. He was unable to beat the big boys in D1 while at CH or Euclid - can he do it now. Can he beat Lake, Walsh and the historically good playoff teams ? That is ultimately how you are judged at schools like VASJ, Iggy, Ed's, etc. Who cares about the regular season - what did you do when the playoffs rolled around. I know for a long time in hoops at VASJ if you did not win it all the season was a failure. That is going to be the expectation under Rotsky - especially if he is in D3 or D4. No excuses.

Of course you wouldn’t be boasting about Joe’s. They haven’t played a game in 30 years.
Perfectly on brand for you to try and start crap and then try to act all angelic like you’re not doing anything wrong.
played for a state championship in 2003 at Massillon against Versailles.

Euclid and Mass. have one very important thing in common. Both schools are trying to WIN there first football state championship.

Euclid has struggled this year, putting it nicely. They do have talent there, but a lot of kids transferred to VASJ.

I was at their game against Aurora, and they were outmatched, big time. I think that this may possibly be a rebuilding year for the Panthers. I can see a win, maybe two on their schedule, but that's about it.

If they can get some talent in the halls to stay at Euclid and not go elsewhere, they can improve over the years.

Euclid has struggled this year, putting it nicely. They do have talent there, but a lot of kids transferred to VASJ.

I was at their game against Aurora, and they were outmatched, big time. I think that this may possibly be a rebuilding year for the Panthers. I can see a win, maybe two on their schedule, but that's about it.

If they can get some talent in the halls to stay at Euclid and not go elsewhere, they can improve over the years.
Thank you for the update. That is all that I wanted to know. Be well.

It’s the Rotsky scorched earth season at Euclid! I’m sure he took as many players with him as he could! I was at an LEL meeting when ADs were complaining about him stealing players to Cleve Heights. It got really funny when Maple’s AD jumped in. The CH AD told him Rotsky was only poaching the guys at Maple that he has originally stolen FROM CH! The man has a very short shelf life and has NEVER left anywhere on a positive note!

Joe's is much better and will be even better next year when Rotsky has a known comity to sell to the area players. Why go to Euclid, Wickliffe, Richmond Hts, etc - when you can come play at VASJ and compete for State Championship. This year was just the start.

That being said at some point Rotsky has to prove he can win the big games. He has not done that much in his career. He was unable to beat the big boys in D1 while at CH or Euclid - can he do it now. Can he beat Lake, Walsh and the historically good playoff teams ? That is ultimately how you are judged at schools like VASJ, Iggy, Ed's, etc. Who cares about the regular season - what did you do when the playoffs rolled around. I know for a long time in hoops at VASJ if you did not win it all the season was a failure. That is going to be the expectation under Rotsky - especially if he is in D3 or D4. No excuses.

VASJ is currently 3-0 and has not played a game in 2 weeks. They beat CVCA (3-2), Holy Name (1-3) and Ashtabula Lakeside (2-3). Just trying to understand, how have you come to the conclusion of “when you can come play at VASJ (football), you compete for a State Championship?”

This is the football forum, not hoops.

VASJ is currently 3-0 and has not played a game in 2 weeks. They beat CVCA (3-2), Holy Name (1-3) and Ashtabula Lakeside (2-3). Just trying to understand, how have you come to the conclusion of “when you can come play at VASJ (football), you compete for a State Championship?”

This is the football forum, not hoops.
Probably because Holy Name was a regional finalist and expected to be a playoff team again. Along with CVCA. Lakeside is a larger D-2 school. Basically all three road games. VASJ is dramatically better with105 boys in the program. That D-4 is pretty wide open. One step at a time. You know that we are coming for you too. Your alumni love to spew BS about us closing. We'll see. Go spew your liberal juice on the suckers in the political forum .

Yep VASJ has been down for a while. Historically they have produced some quality NFL players,had sustained success, and had a legendary coach. White flight killed that school. As a D-1 school they were among the best in the Cleve area if not the state at one time. The Ed's rivalry in the Crown conference especially. They went all the way down to near extinction and are working their way back up. In the last 18 yrs since that Championship game loss they have had some playoff appearances. Down......yes.......to frame this school as a looser with no success ever is willfully ignorant. But they have one thing Massillon does not.........A FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! . Just sayingView attachment 21405
That’s all fine and dandy. But you still have 0 room to talk crap on the internet after beating 3 terrible teams and dodging Benedictine.

That’s all fine and dandy. But you still have 0 room to talk crap on the internet after beating 3 terrible teams and dodging Benedictine.
In the same light, you have no room dodging the Q about Euclid, which is what this thread is about. You have no facts about Benedictine/JOES match-up. For your info, I am a Benedictine supporter because of personal reasons. This is why Mass. had to chime in, for they want some insight from 2 programs that have WON championships. If you want crap talk then check out a Mass. thread.