Electric Cars - Autos - What's Next !

Pot, meet kettle.

Heading to Va this morning for daughter's wedding this weekend. All planning details are taken care of and now nothing left but to enjoy. I have, to my knowledge, written every large check that needs to be written, but you never know when the ladies are in charge.

Anyway, I will talk to you guys next week. I leave the half-hinged leftists with god complexes in the capable hands of my conservative brethren.

:)
Enjoy. I am heading to Louisville for a wedding myself on Friday. It would be a comfortable drive for an EV if I had one already.

He really thinks that people are going to produce a vehicle that lasts 500k miles, with low maintenance costs at an affordable price. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that's a great business model in a volume business.

Cars that require less maintenance and last longer is a bad model??? Let alone cleaner and safer?

Ok.

It’s a partner project with Toyota so it may be cheaper than expected
Just pulled it up. Looks killer. The releases coming over the next couple or three years are going to be really heat up the competitive landscape.

LOL. Most people would love to not have to buy a care every 4-5 years. Even if they don't, there will be a nice used market for EV's, as well.
By the time your low mileage driver hits 500,000 miles, not to mention 200,000, the newer cars will be so advanced they won't want to drive the older one any more.

Use your head.

Depending on model, between 5-7K at today's costs. Of course, that is today and they will come down a good bit. The warrantee is currently 8 years on new models. I am doing a good bit or research right now as I will be likely buying in the next 12-18 months.
i Have NEVER spent 5-7K on the Maintenance on my vehicle....

what is the subsidy on the vehicles? would you consider if there wasn't any?

By the time your low mileage driver hits 500,000 miles, not to mention 200,000, the newer cars will be so advanced they won't want to drive the older one any more.

Use your head.
He does with every post -

And has proven it to be permanently lodged in an orifice.

Use your head.
OK...Then sell your EV with all it's long life for nice bucks in the used market. Others will keep their car for 10 years like I do. I'm not sure what your point is. EV's don't stop you from buying a new car if you want. They just make it possible that you don't have to as often.

i Have NEVER spent 5-7K on the Maintenance on my vehicle....

what is the subsidy on the vehicles? would you consider if there wasn't any?
What's the longest you have ever kept a care in terms of years and mileage? I am unware of any subsidies.

What's the longest you have ever kept a care in terms of years and mileage? I am unware of any subsidies.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/ev/incentives/state-and-federal

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP)​

Waitlist in effect for applications received on or after April 23, 2021

As of April 23, 2021, limited funding is only available for Rebate Now applicants. All other applications will be placed on a rebate waitlist. Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist may receive a rebate if the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) receives funding from the State of California. Learn more.

Meet the eligibility requirements to receive cash back on your new electric vehicle based on the type selected. Applicants with low-to-moderate household incomes (less than or equal to 400 percent of the federal poverty level) are eligible for increased rebate amounts.

[TH]Standard Rebate[/TH]
[TH]Increased Rebate[/TH]

[TD]Fuel cell electric[/TD]
[TD]$4,500[/TD]
[TD]$7,000[/TD]

[TD]Battery electric[/TD]
[TD]$2,000[/TD]
[TD]$4,500[/TD]

[TD]Plug-in hybrid electric[/TD]
[TD]$1,000[/TD]
[TD]$3,500[/TD]

The table didn't copy and past well.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/ev/incentives/state-and-federal

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP)​

Waitlist in effect for applications received on or after April 23, 2021

As of April 23, 2021, limited funding is only available for Rebate Now applicants. All other applications will be placed on a rebate waitlist. Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist may receive a rebate if the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) receives funding from the State of California. Learn more.

Meet the eligibility requirements to receive cash back on your new electric vehicle based on the type selected. Applicants with low-to-moderate household incomes (less than or equal to 400 percent of the federal poverty level) are eligible for increased rebate amounts.

EV TypeStandard RebateIncreased Rebate
Fuel cell electric$4,500$7,000
Battery electric$2,000$4,500
Plug-in hybrid electric$1,000$3,500
Cool. Looks pretty limited but good for the folks that are able to get it. I'll also be happy for the person that wins Vaxamillion today. I don't need a subsidy. The ROI is already a no brainer for anybody that does not want a new car every 3 years.

Cool. Looks pretty limited but good for the folks that are able to get it. I'll also be happy for the person that wins Vaxamillion today. I don't need a subsidy. The ROI is already a no brainer for anybody that does not want a new car every 3 years.
Just noticed that is a California state program. No wonder I was unaware. I live in Ohio and Florida. I was thinking in terms of how the Federal government subsidizes oil. My bad.

The Honda Nunya.

Nunya business!@
download.jpg

Honda Super Cub C125 Rekindles Honda's Origins

Cars that require less maintenance and last longer is a bad model??? Let alone cleaner and safer?

Ok.
How long before I need to replace the battery?

How much will it cost me?

What do they do with the old one?

Have they got that spontaneous combustion problem fixed yet?

How long before I need to replace the battery?

How much will it cost me?

What do they do with the old one?

Have they got that spontaneous combustion problem fixed yet?
It's all in the thread already. You must have missed it during your nap and warm milk.

This is an "I love it but...". I love the concept of clean energy and zero emissions, but what is the environmental impact due to mining of the materials for making the batteries? I know top down mining and strip mining take away mountains and trees and leads to dangerous drinking water. Does the Environmental impact not outweigh the zero emissions?