Elder Wrestling 2022-2023

Ferguson joined Eugene Harney (Sycamore, 150) and Carson Thomas (LaSalle, 165) as the three finalists from the Kettering Fairmont district. I will be rooting for the three in general and Ferguson in particular to bring back a title. Hopefully the KF district will not be shut out this year.
Dude, thanks for your dedication to Elder and SWOhio wrestling...a passion I share with you and many others. These kids give their heart and soul to achieve all they can in a thankless sports. Thanks for what you do to share that drama.

Consolation Quarterfinals
113: Lambers lost dec Garrison Weisner (Oregon Clay) 7-3

Lambers will wrestle tomorrow (11:00 a.m.) for seventh place against Brett Stanley of Brecksville. Although they haven't met this year, last season Lambers beat Stanley 2-1 for third place at 106.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Konner Lambers on placing eighth! I am 99 and 44/100% sure that he joins Nick Spatola ('98 and '99) as the only Panther grapplers to place at the state tournament as a freshman and as a sophomore (if I am mistaken I'm sure someone will let me know pretty quickly).
Congratulations also to Joey Thamann. Although his state tournament did not go as he had hoped, he had a great season and hopefully he is not done traveling to the Schott in March.

Congratulations to Konner Lambers on placing eighth! I am 99 and 44/100% sure that he joins Nick Spatola ('98 and '99) as the only Panther grapplers to place at the state tournament as a freshman and as a sophomore (if I am mistaken I'm sure someone will let me know pretty quickly).
Congratulations also to Joey Thamann. Although his state tournament did not go as he had hoped, he had a great season and hopefully he is not done traveling to the Schott in March.
Top 8 in D-1 is no small accomplishment, his weight class is loaded with talent! Congratulations to Konner !

Ferguson joined Eugene Harney (Sycamore, 150) and Carson Thomas (LaSalle, 165) as the three finalists from the Kettering Fairmont district. I will be rooting for the three in general and Ferguson in particular to bring back a title. Hopefully the KF district will not be shut out this year.
Harney has the best shot on paper , I like Ferguson even though his opponent is tough, he’s wrestled well this weekend! Thomas is tough but Blaze kid is on another level.

Harney has the best shot on paper , I like Ferguson even though his opponent is tough, he’s wrestled well this weekend! Thomas is tough but Blaze kid is on another level.
Harney kept the KF district from being shut out from the top of the podium this year with a 5-4 win over Eaton of LSE. Unfortunately Thomas lost to Blaze of Perrysburg 9-3 and Ferguson lost to McDanel of Teays Vallery 3-2.

First of all, farewell to seniors Reece Chagman, Anthony Lay, Bradley Sims, and Andrew Thamann. Best of luck to them in all their future endeavors, whether or not that includes wrestling in college.
The grapplers had a very good year. In duals they tallied a 14-3 record, losing only to LaSalle twice and to Springboro. In tournaments they finished fourth at the Ryle Raider Rumble, second at SWOWCA, nineteenth at Brecksville, third at the CIT, and third at the Rieman. They also won the Middletown sectional and sent 13 to the Kettering Fairmont district tournament, where they finished fifth. Sophomores Konner Lambers and Joey Thamann went to the Schott for the second straight year.
Yesterday sophomore Konner Lambers added his name to the Wall of Champions once again, joining only Nick Spatola to have done so as a freshman and as a sophomore. No Panther grappler has ever placed at the state tournament his first three years at Elder.
As for next year, here is the Panther lineup Coach Roush used at the Middletown sectional minus the seniors (all classes mentioned in this and all subsequent paragraphs are as of next year):
106: Colin Broxterman (sophomore);
113: Konner Lambers (junior);
120: Joey Thamann (junior);
126: Ben Weigand (senior);
132: Brady Mentz (senior);
138: Joey DiTullio (junior);
144:
150: Phil Corcoran (senior);
157: Lucas Kurzhals (senior);
165:
175: Brayden Kuhling (senior);
190: Ian James (senior);
215: Carson Williams (junior);
285: Michael Yerian (senior).
Assuming everyone comes back, next year’s team will not be a young team. And unless someone who is listed below can take the spot of someone who is listed above, there will be only two starting spots up for grabs. Of course, they may or may not be at 144 and 165.
Those who could be in the hunt for a starting spot next year include seniors Brady Little and Phil Owens; juniors Connor Glassmeyer, Ben Kallini, Tyler Lorenzen, Jacob Mentz, Zack Ridner, and Jacob Schlachter; and sophomores Brandon Black, Joey Carter, Landon Casey, Seb Hignite, Andrew King, Nate Macmorine, Trevor Magness, Luke Peace, Grant Pope, Quinn Riechmann, and Isaiah Zerilla. (My apologies if I missed anyone.)
I’m given to understand that no incoming freshman will claim a starting spot.
As for next year’s GCL-S, LaSalle once again will be trouble: they did not start a senior at the Middletown sectional. The Lancers will return their four ’23 state placers, Elijah Mohanna (sophomore, seventh at 106), Aiden Allen (senior, third at 120), Holden Huhn (junior, seventh at 132), and Carson Thomas (junior, second at 165); and three other ’23 state qualifiers, seniors Eli Marengo, Jack Willen, and Kam Harden. They also will return seniors Sebastian Vega and Will Cole, junior Jahmir Davis, and sophomore Colin Wooldridge.
Moeller will return their two ’23 state placers, Will Adkins (junior, sixth at 215) and Lucas Stuerenberg (junior, fourth at 285) and their two other ’23 state qualifiers, Londen Murphy (junior, ’22 fifth at 126) and Stone Busler (senior).
St. Xavier did not have any state qualifiers this year but will return one ’23 district qualifier, junior Owen Koerner.
Until next year, this is Pantherontheporch signing off from this year’s Panther wrestling thread. It’s been a fun year following the team. Aloha.

First of all, farewell to seniors Reece Chagman, Anthony Lay, Bradley Sims, and Andrew Thamann. Best of luck to them in all their future endeavors, whether or not that includes wrestling in college.
The grapplers had a very good year. In duals they tallied a 14-3 record, losing only to LaSalle twice and to Springboro. In tournaments they finished fourth at the Ryle Raider Rumble, second at SWOWCA, nineteenth at Brecksville, third at the CIT, and third at the Rieman. They also won the Middletown sectional and sent 13 to the Kettering Fairmont district tournament, where they finished fifth. Sophomores Konner Lambers and Joey Thamann went to the Schott for the second straight year.
Yesterday sophomore Konner Lambers added his name to the Wall of Champions once again, joining only Nick Spatola to have done so as a freshman and as a sophomore. No Panther grappler has ever placed at the state tournament his first three years at Elder.
As for next year, here is the Panther lineup Coach Roush used at the Middletown sectional minus the seniors (all classes mentioned in this and all subsequent paragraphs are as of next year):
106: Colin Broxterman (sophomore);
113: Konner Lambers (junior);
120: Joey Thamann (junior);
126: Ben Weigand (senior);
132: Brady Mentz (senior);
138: Joey DiTullio (junior);
144:
150: Phil Corcoran (senior);
157: Lucas Kurzhals (senior);
165:
175: Brayden Kuhling (senior);
190: Ian James (senior);
215: Carson Williams (junior);
285: Michael Yerian (senior).
Assuming everyone comes back, next year’s team will not be a young team. And unless someone who is listed below can take the spot of someone who is listed above, there will be only two starting spots up for grabs. Of course, they may or may not be at 144 and 165.
Those who could be in the hunt for a starting spot next year include seniors Brady Little and Phil Owens; juniors Connor Glassmeyer, Ben Kallini, Tyler Lorenzen, Jacob Mentz, Zack Ridner, and Jacob Schlachter; and sophomores Brandon Black, Joey Carter, Landon Casey, Seb Hignite, Andrew King, Nate Macmorine, Trevor Magness, Luke Peace, Grant Pope, Quinn Riechmann, and Isaiah Zerilla. (My apologies if I missed anyone.)
I’m given to understand that no incoming freshman will claim a starting spot.
As for next year’s GCL-S, LaSalle once again will be trouble: they did not start a senior at the Middletown sectional. The Lancers will return their four ’23 state placers, Elijah Mohanna (sophomore, seventh at 106), Aiden Allen (senior, third at 120), Holden Huhn (junior, seventh at 132), and Carson Thomas (junior, second at 165); and three other ’23 state qualifiers, seniors Eli Marengo, Jack Willen, and Kam Harden. They also will return seniors Sebastian Vega and Will Cole, junior Jahmir Davis, and sophomore Colin Wooldridge.
Moeller will return their two ’23 state placers, Will Adkins (junior, sixth at 215) and Lucas Stuerenberg (junior, fourth at 285) and their two other ’23 state qualifiers, Londen Murphy (junior, ’22 fifth at 126) and Stone Busler (senior).
St. Xavier did not have any state qualifiers this year but will return one ’23 district qualifier, junior Owen Koerner.
Until next year, this is Pantherontheporch signing off from this year’s Panther wrestling thread. It’s been a fun year following the team. Aloha.
Carson Adkins at St. X is a freshman. He was a District qualifier this year and missed weight at weigh outs / weigh ins day 2 of districts. He will be tough over next 3 years.

If it’s not st edwards I will be shock
St. Ed’s definitely there , 348 total state placers not including this years guys … going back 64 years or so. I am curious how many other schools have had similar success with qualifying and placing. St. Ed’s is the top, I don’t think anyone will argue that!