Elder vs Moeller - Football

What is the definationof a "bandwagon fan"? Or a "die hard" fan? Or at least what do those who are upset with Fridays turnout define them as?

Human nature is to do things that interest them, and not do things that do not. If someone doesnt do something because it doesnt interest them, or does something else that seems more fun to them you cant fault them for that.

Is there anyway to find out what the most sacks given up in a single year by an Elder team is? I think Gramke has probably surpassed that record this year. I am happy the kid is still standing upright after the past 3 weeks.

Who is the back up Quarter Back?

Also, along these thoughts, who has records of how many interceptions thrown in one year?

Is there anyway to find out what the most sacks given up in a single year by an Elder team is? I think Gramke has probably surpassed that record this year. I am happy the kid is still standing upright after the past 3 weeks.

Who is the back up Quarter Back?

Also, along these thoughts, who has records of how many interceptions thrown in one year?

Hmmmm, I wonder why you guys feel the need to dwell on the negative?

Hmmmm, I wonder why you guys feel the need to dwell on the negative?

HMMMMM not dwelling on the negative, just asking questions.. WHY do you think asking questions is always negative?
It has been mentioned several times throughout these threads this is a building year, so just asking. being on the outside, older generation, I do not hear the latest like you might from your son who might be playing.
I do not think at all that they should switch. Keep what we got because what I see is a bunch of young men trying --- NEVER QUITING. I just was asking so if one of these times he gets sacked, do we have another young man to step in. Just asking the question....

HMMMMM not dwelling on the negative, just asking questions.. WHY do you think asking questions is always negative?
It has been mentioned several times throughout these threads this is a building year, so just asking. being on the outside, older generation, I do not hear the latest like you might from your son who might be playing.
I do not think at all that they should switch. Keep what we got because what I see is a bunch of young men trying --- NEVER QUITING. I just was asking so if one of these times he gets sacked, do we have another young man to step in. Just asking the question....

The backup is Mario Janzen (sp?) he is a senior and has played Qb for the class of 11 since the frosh level. He is a little shorter than Gramke, but probably a bit more mobile. I am surprised to see Gramke get up after some of the hits he has taken, really tough kid. Wasn't able to attend the Elder Moe game due to work, but how bad was the facemask penalty where the Moe DE threw Ben down. I heard it on the radio coming home, but wondered if it was a dirty play. The announcers made it seem like it was intentional and the player should have been ejected. Not really trying to stir anything up just wanting an observer's idea of how that play happened.

The backup is Mario Janzen (sp?) he is a senior and has played Qb for the class of 11 since the frosh level. He is a little shorter than Gramke, but probably a bit more mobile. I am surprised to see Gramke get up after some of the hits he has taken, really tough kid. Wasn't able to attend the Elder Moe game due to work, but how bad was the facemask penalty where the Moe DE threw Ben down. I heard it on the radio coming home, but wondered if it was a dirty play. The announcers made it seem like it was intentional and the player should have been ejected. Not really trying to stir anything up just wanting an observer's idea of how that play happened.

It was pretty violent. However, I do not believe it was in any way intentional.

Back to the fans topic: Pboy, you claim you are an Elder fan, no? How many golf and tennis matches, swimming track and cross country meets, soccer and basketball games have you attended?

Just because people didn't show up to a football game when the team is lousy doesn't make them any less of a fan then you are. I bet some of the people who didn't show up to the football game will be at some basketball games, the a the GCL cross country/track meets, baseball games, ect when you wont be.

Also, why should I be an Elder fan over a UC fan? Over a Reds or Bengals fan? I bet you more people grew up being a Reds fan before they were an Elder Panthers fan. Just because everyone else doesn't jizz every time Elder is mentioned doesn't mean they are not a true fan.

Back to the fans topic: Pboy, you claim you are an Elder fan, no? How many golf and tennis matches, swimming track and cross country meets, soccer and basketball games have you attended?

Just because people didn't show up to a football game when the team is lousy doesn't make them any less of a fan then you are. I bet some of the people who didn't show up to the football game will be at some basketball games, the a the GCL cross country/track meets, baseball games, ect when you wont be.

Also, why should I be an Elder fan over a UC fan? Over a Reds or Bengals fan? I bet you more people grew up being a Reds fan before they were an Elder Panthers fan. Just because everyone else doesn't jizz every time Elder is mentioned doesn't mean they are not a true fan.

I would say most were raised to be both. He11, when is the last time the Reds actually played a meaningful game during football season past this year? Pro sports are so mercenary-like. You think any of the Reds players care about the city or fans? No, they don't care. Don't get me wrong, that does not mean they are not competitive and don't try, but there is not the same connect there. I understand its only hs football, but we have a tradition. Elder is not like most schools, our tradition and fanbase are what supposed to make Friday Nights in the Fall unique. I know it sound ------y, but its true. There is nothing special about the Reds, Bengals, or UC, outside of Cincy. Elder is unique on a National Level.

No, it's not. It's a normal city that supports teams when they win, and doesn't support them as much when they lose.

That is my point, Elder has never been normal and we don't want to be. We are different, the bond to Elder is special and you honor that good or bad. If you don't you are no different than any other loser school full of bandwagon fans. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard, it is the tradition of Elder.

I understand Elder is unique, but this year is a down year as we all clearly see. My friends play on this team and they never give up hope. I was in the student section and at times it seemed like we were loud enough, then others the reality hit us that there was only around 60-85 kids or so? It's not just the fans, it's the students. Now, granted, no student can remember the last time the Reds played in the playoffs, or the Bengals making a postseason run, or UC being ranked #1(1999 most students were 4-8 years old). So when they had the chance to see the Reds play, and eventually blow, a playoff game, they took it. They've seen 100+ Elder games, and two state championships. Not an excuse at all, Elder comes first for me. But just spitting some sense.

And I don't think that facemask was intentional. It was violent, and the announcers probably wanted him ejected because wasn't it Moe's big time recruit, #41?

That is my point, Elder has never been normal and we don't want to be. We are different, the bond to Elder is special and you honor that good or bad. If you don't you are no different than any other loser school full of bandwagon fans. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard, it is the tradition of Elder.

Elder is more normal than you like to think, evidenced by the lack of attendance at the games

It was intentional and he finished by flipping off Coach Ramsey after he twisted Ben's facemask and his neck in the process. He was a punk and should have been ejected.

It was definetly not intentional. It is so hard when two guys are going that fast to be able tocontrol yourself, you just grab whatever you can get a hold of. This happens every week in football. I did not see him flip off Coach Ramsey.

........ You think any of the Reds players care about the city or fans? No, they don't care......

Have you seen what the players have done lately for local sports? Look at several local ball fields, local teams. New fields, new fencing, new uniforms, new equipment.
All from the Reds community fund, which the Reds players support and go out each and every home game during season to sign autographs, make an appearance at a golf outing, etc...
Being an old timer and seeing my grand kids benefit from some of these new things, my sons and daughter benefit while coaching.
So not sure why you say the Reds players don’t care, seeing this and reading about this in local papers. Please come out of your Elder shell and look around your local ball fields and see what they have done for this City.