Elder now requiring masks

PURPLE REIGN

Very disappointing news but it sounds like they are obligated under Cincy Board of Health guidelines. Now requiring masks only so other students do not have to quarantine if any classmate tests positive.

For the past 12 months it has been proven over and over again that masks do not have any impact on the spread of COVID. Masks and the vaccine should be a personal choice.

Last edited:

Of course. But the reality is, the mask is as effective as wearing one green sock in stopping COVID.

Not sure how this ever ends.

Last edited:
What information?

I specifically said the reason Elder is now requiring masks is bc the BoH requires those in class with a person testing positive for COVID to be quarantined- unless they were wearing a mask.

What information?

I specifically said the reason Elder is now requiring masks is bc the BoH requires those in class with a person testing positive for COVID to be quarantined- unless they were wearing a mask.
Wonder how someone will prove they were wearing a mask at the exact time they were in contact with the infected person days after the fact?

In sum, of the 14 that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive.

No RCT study with verified outcome shows a benefit for HCW or community members in households to wearing a mask or respirator. There is no such study. There are no exceptions.

Likewise, no study exists that shows a benefit from a broad policy to wear masks in public (more on this below).

Furthermore, if there were any benefit to wearing a mask, because of the blocking power against droplets and aerosol particles, then there should be more benefit from wearing a respirator (N95) compared to a surgical mask, yet several large meta-analyses, and all the RCT, prove that there is no such relative benefit.

Masks and respirators do not work.

During a segment on CNN Monday afternoon, University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy Director Michael Osterholm said cloth or paper masks don't work to stop the spread of the disease.

Holy

CNN finally admits that cloth masks don’t work, now says vaccinated and unvaccinated need to wear N-95s pic.twitter.com/pkBVj8jEPw
— Jewish Deplorable (@TrumpJew2) August 2, 2021
This, of course, has been well known for over a year. Dr. Anthony Fauci told former Obama Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell that store-purchased masks do little to stop the spread of the disease.

Elder is handcuffed by the stupid board of health rule. But Elder is doing the right thing.

I agree. It is not Elder's fault they still have to do contact tracing. By wearing a mask, healthy students will not have to stay at home and be quarantined. They got to play by the rules they are given. Unfortunately, this is going to be around for the time being and it is only August. Just wait until flu season again.

It may or not may not work, but it's just not that big of a deal to wear a mask for a class for 30 minutes in air conditioning, or however long the classes last these days.

The CoVID-19 pandemic is about viral transmission. Surgical and cloth masks do nothing to prevent viral transmission. We should all realize by now that face masks have never been shown to prevent or protect against viral transmission. Which is exactly why they have never been recommended for use during the seasonal flu outbreak, epidemics, or previous pandemics.

The failure of the scientific literature to support medical masks for influenza and all other viruses is also why Fauci, the U.S. Surgeon General, the CDC, WHO, and pretty much every infectious disease expert stated that wearing masks won’t prevent transmission of SARS CoV-2. Although the public health “authorities” flipped, flopped, and later changed their recommendations, the science did not change, nor did new science appear that supported the wearing of masks in public. In fact, the most recent systemic analysis once again confirms that masks are ineffective in preventing the transmission of viruses like CoVID-19.

Of course. But the reality is, the mask is as effective as wearing one green sock in stopping COVID.

Not sure how this ever ends.

A mask will prevent someone from putting their dirty fingers/hands in their mouth, nose, face. That's how a lot of people get infected. Just saying a mask isn't completely useless. I would prefer to still not wear one. I agree this is all ridiculous, but we got to deal with it for now.

Wonder how someone will prove they were wearing a mask at the exact time they were in contact with the infected person days after the fact?
It doesn't matter b/c it's all a charade and not based on science.

The BoH policy is, if you were wearing a mask in class = no quarantine. If you were not wearing a mask in class = quarantine.

A mask will prevent someone from putting their dirty fingers/hands in their mouth, nose, face. That's how a lot of people get infected. Just saying a mask isn't completely useless. I would prefer to still not wear one. I agree this is all ridiculous, but we got to deal with it for now.
If a mask had any value in stopping the spread, it would be reflected in the outcomes. Yet never once has a state had a decrease in COVID spread b/c it implemented the mask policy. The disease always ebbs and flows on it's own regardless of masking.

In sum, of the 14 that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive.

You give me something called NutriTruth and Townhall. Nothing surprises me anymore with you people. Once my kid can get the shot, I'll stop caring what you people do.

You give me something called NutriTruth and Townhall. Nothing surprises me anymore with you people. Once my kid can get the shot, I'll stop caring what you people do.
So what happens if he gets Covid even after being vaxed? And I am fully vaxed, but this is never going to end bc there’s always going to be a new variant that’s resistant to the vax and it’s going to be a never ending series of booster shots.

So what happens if he gets Covid even after being vaxed? And I am fully vaxed, but this is never going to end bc there’s always going to be a new variant that’s resistant to the vax and it’s going to be a never ending series of booster shots.
If he gets it after hes vaxxed, he's very likely going to be OK.

If it never ends, it's because morons won't get the shot. As of now, variants are not resistant to the vax, but here we are letting the virus continue to mutate to make a political point. People are just plain dumb.

And I'm cool with getting boosters. I get a new Tetanus shot every 10 years and a flu shot every year. It's no great chore.

If he gets it after hes vaxxed, he's very likely going to be OK.

If it never ends, it's because morons won't get the shot. As of now, variants are not resistant to the vax, but here we are letting the virus continue to mutate to make a political point. People are just plain dumb.

And I'm cool with getting boosters. I get a new Tetanus shot every 10 years and a flu shot every year. It's no great chore.

I’m not cool having to get a shot EVERY friggin year in order to have basic freedoms. I also don’t blame people for being skeptical about the vax. At the end of the day, I believe it’s safe, but if you look at the breakthrough infections in Israel and the fact the Pfizer vax just got approved by the FDA, I can understand why some people are hesitant.

This is getting out of hand again. We are going to end up reverting back to all of the cancellations of last year, these leaders need to start standing up for something instead of just taking these rules at face value and blindly abiding by them. This is ridiculous. Someone needs toHave some balls to stand up for what is common sense.

My bad, man. I'll leave you guys to it.
I have no issue with you being in the Elder forum.

You asked for proof and I pulled up four links after reviewing the articles. Did you not see the quote from CNN and Dr. Fauci? Where is your proof that after implementing mask mandates states have actually lowered Covid spread?

Last edited:
I'm shocked, not. It shouldn't bother you either way. You do what is necessary to protect yourself and your family, others are free to do the same.

I’m still not clear on why vaxed people are being asked to wear masks inside. Is it to protect the unvaxed? Bc I don’t feel like that’s my responsibility. And as I’ve said before, I do not want anyone to get sick, but if you choose not to get vaxed and get sick, that’s on you.

My ultimate concern is the vax isn’t as effective as we’ve been told by our public officials and they’re essentially back to square 1.