Elder High.......A Futbol School?!?!?

sm00th_kw

I'm not sure how many of you read my thread last year on the hiring of Matt Ruehl as Elder's new Varsity coach, but a certain so and so (me) made mention of a new era of domination coming to the pitch.

Now sure, he is just Dave Ruehl's son...I'll give you that.

But seriously, this kind of soccer success is unprecedented at Elder...and I'm sure it will continue for years to come, but only if Elder can keep him.

No hy!

This team is so talented, I think anyone could coach them. When this senior class was freshman, Dave Ruehl said "This team has a great chance to win a state championship" and what do you know, they are in the final 4. Coaching, maybe? But the talent is there.

Yeah Matt is a great coach but it's more on the players I think. Three of them have been starting since freshman year and all the others dominated the freshman and JV levels. Not taking anything away at all from Matt because he is a great coach and really pushes these athletes but this is the most talent Elder has ever had in soccer.

Yeah Matt is a great coach but it's more on the players I think. Three of them have been starting since freshman year and all the others dominated the freshman and JV levels. Not taking anything away at all from Matt because he is a great coach and really pushes these athletes but this is the most talent Elder has ever had in soccer.

You have to look at this senior class for the success that Elder is having. There were 3 seniors that made varsity as freshman. They will be decent next year, but i don't see another run like this one for a while. There's some talent returning on the varsity level and the JV team only lost one game, but it will be a while before they return to the reginal finals again imho. Elder's freshman team struggled this year against other schools JV-2 teams this year, but there was some talent. I know first hand since my son played on the freshman team.