Elder Football 2020

Miller is crazy athletic, has a great arm and is hard nosed. He'd be fine at QB1 but thats not looking likely. My prediction: Miller goes to DB. Hambleton and Ramsey are on the field at the same time. Miller and TBA will still serve as BU QBs.
My guess is Ramsey would be backup if Miller switches positions. This is still HS, kids don’t have time to work with the starting Defense and learn the entire playbook as a backup QB

Here is the direct quote from the article:

I think before anyone gets too opinionated on the QB position, you have to understand that this is a sports writer article and not an actual quote from Doug Ramsey. Maybe Doug told him something to make him believe that Drew is taking over at QB for Luebbe. I would be surprised if Miller wasn't #1 heading into camp with Miller/Ramsey/Hambleton all competing for the starting job.
I'd be very surprised if this was the case.

I'd be very surprised if this was the case.

It just goes against what has been done in the past. Elder usually gives a qualified senior first shot. There have not been many 2 year starters at QB at Elder. Now if Miller moves to a different position this summer then that changes.

Just a quick change to my post (#306) on a shortened season. I still think there is a good chance that the OHSAA will take a conservative route and go with a shortened season to avoid possibly having to shut things down after the regular season due to a resurgence of COVID-19 in mid-to-late November and not banking any postseason revenue from the final two or three rounds. Instead of having everyone move their schedule up a week as I originally wrote, I can see them telling schools to play weeks 1 through 7 on their dates as scheduled, eliminating games scheduled for weeks 8 and 9, and moving week 10's games to the start of the season. That way a lot of schools would get to play their rivalry game, albeit as their opener instead of their last game. The playoffs would be either four or five rounds, depending on when in November the OHSAA would want to end the season.
The Panthers would host the Lancers on August 21 to kick things off.

It just goes against what has been done in the past. Elder usually gives a qualified senior first shot. There have not been many 2 year starters at QB at Elder. Now if Miller moves to a different position this summer then that changes.
If there’s a “tie” the Sr starts, but there’s been more than a few multi yr starters. The real answer is nobody knows until they start throwing in practice and 7 v 7

Just a quick change to my post (#306) on a shortened season. I still think there is a good chance that the OHSAA will take a conservative route and go with a shortened season to avoid possibly having to shut things down after the regular season due to a resurgence of COVID-19 in mid-to-late November and not banking any postseason revenue from the final two or three rounds. Instead of having everyone move their schedule up a week as I originally wrote, I can see them telling schools to play weeks 1 through 7 on their dates as scheduled, eliminating games scheduled for weeks 8 and 9, and moving week 10's games to the start of the season. That way a lot of schools would get to play their rivalry game, albeit as their opener instead of their last game. The playoffs would be either four or five rounds, depending on when in November the OHSAA would want to end the season.
The Panthers would host the Lancers on August 21 to kick things off.

If by this time next week, there isn’t a major spike across the country, everything should go back to normal.

no way he’s going in first, maybe late 2nd, but most likely in 3-4. I’d love to be wrong though
It depends on a few factors: season performance, combine, individual Team draft needs. Interior OL is a tough position group to predict for the draft bc it’s rarely a pressing need for teams. However, the later in the draft you get, the more you have teams drafting for “luxury” as opposed to need.

I agree it’s unlikely he’ll go Round 1,but it’s certainly not impossible if everything falls into place.

It depends on a few factors: season performance, combine, individual Team draft needs. Interior OL is a tough position group to predict for the draft bc it’s rarely a pressing need for teams. However, the later in the draft you get, the more you have teams drafting for “luxury” as opposed to need.

I agree it’s unlikely he’ll go Round 1,but it’s certainly not impossible if everything falls into place.

I agree it’s not impossible, just not likely. Guards just normally don’t go in the first, here lately one or two have but they are the top rated ones. I’ve been checking out a lot of mock draft sites and I haven’t seen any that had TK in the first. Few sites have a second round and I haven’t seen one with him in the second either. Very few have more than two rounds and the ones I’ve seen have him in the 3-4 range. We all know these mocks mean nothing when it comes to the real teams come draft day. All you need is to be liked by one GM/coach, and they could pick you anywhere

Since 2010, of the 146 offensive guards drafted overall, 15 were drafted in the first round: http://pfref.com/tiny/XmqVU

The 15 first rounders include two from Notre Dame (Quenton Nelson and Zack Martin). One of the most recent guards taken in the first round was Jonah Williams being selected by the Bengals in 2019.

Since 2010, of the 146 offensive guards drafted overall, 15 were drafted in the first round: http://pfref.com/tiny/XmqVU

The 15 first rounders include two from Notre Dame (Quenton Nelson and Zack Martin). One of the most recent guards taken in the first round was Jonah Williams being selected by the Bengals in 2019.

Jonah Williams was listed as OT in the ‘19 draft, and the Bengals drafted him to play LT, and will do so this fall. There are some that believe he could end up at OG eventually.

You're completely right, my comment had more to do with hearing Miller wasn't playing - however it appears that Ramsey has mentioned that he'll be in the mix. So if that's the case then I'm sure he'll be given the chance to compete for the spot as he's more than capable.

If by this time next week, there isn’t a major spike across the country, everything should go back to normal.
I think they'll wait until July 1 before any decision is made. They may even wait until mid-July if they can. I agree that if there isn't a spike then things can and should go back to normal as much as possible. Precautions can still be made, but life will go on.

I think they'll wait until July 1 before any decision is made. They may even wait until mid-July if they can. I agree that if there isn't a spike then things can and should go back to normal as much as possible. Precautions can still be made, but life will go on.
Yeah, they aren’t making a call next week.

App St is now more than just the school that upset Michigan. They’ve built a very successful program down there.

F that noise. Everything should be opened immediately

Last edited:
Did anyone else get the letter for season tickets. We "sorta" have a 9 game schedule right now, but a prospect for a 10th game. Nothing is certain because of the Covid.

Well we now know for sure the folks who run Elder read this forum. I had the orginal post about 9:33PM about a small mistake. By 9:42pm an email was sent fixing said small mistake.

Last edited:
Did anyone else get the letter for season tickets. We "sorta" have a 9 game schedule right now, but a prospect for a 10th game. Nothing is certain because of the Covid.

Well we now know for sure the folks who run Elder read this forum. I had the orginal post about 9:33PM about a small mistake. By 9:42pm an email was sent fixing said small mistake.

or it could be a coincidence

Nothing is certain because of covid is definitely accurate. Covid has wreaked total havoc on all sports scheduling for kids of all ages.

I would be surprised if that Virginia game happens. At this point, I would be surprised if anyone is allowed in the game besides students and parents. Without the Virginia game, that leaves 8 games on the schedule. Lasalle is sitting on 8 games also. It would be possible for Elder-Lasalle to play each other twice if the off weeks meet up.

There are 2 concerning things I heard yesterday.

1. Dr. Fauci telling MLB not to schedule the world series deep in to October. He is concerned about a second wave of the coronavirus and the regular flu season being problematic as it starts getting colder deep into October. Are we being naive to think high school football will be allowed to go on if MLB won't even play a world series in late October/November?

2. Mike DeWine saying yesterday that large sporting events are very dangerous. Now this doesn't affect games being played, but the idea that 8,000-10,000 people will be allowed to pack the PIT is not likely. I know we haven't seen 10,000 at Elder in awhile, but 2 big home games could have been close to that with St. Xavier and Lasalle both at home this season.

I suggest writing that check for season tickets and sending it in. Put a note in the envelope saying you do not want a refund. Consider it a donation if you can afford it. Let's hope the live stream can handle more volume if restrictions on attendance are put in place.

No, no this is moronic garbage. There were riots over 2 weeks ago in Minneapolis and Atlanta and they didn’t spike. What if there’s no major spike overall by this weekend, which would be the 2 week mark of the massive nationwide protest. Our public health officials keep f’n up on a weekly basis, so they’ve lost all credibility. They have no business giving anyone orders anymore. If you can protest, you can attend sporting events, especially if they’re outdoors and masks are worn.