Elder Enrollment Strategy

I’m not aware of any James kids going to Elder. It’s not to late to start going after some of those kids though is it? No idea how St. Als and Catherine’s continue to function with those numbers.

There was one year maybe 8-10 years ago where they got 2 kids from St James but that is all I remember coming from there.

agreed. this is hard to believe. isnt Ignatius the largest grade school in the county? With that many kids, you would think Elder would pull some just because of the sheer volume. Either there is outward push against Elder there or LaSalle is super aggressive knowing they need them to survive.

It’s strange they haven’t gotten many the last few years. I think around 15 girls from Ignatius went to Seton in last years freshman class which was the most for one high school from there. One would think Elder’s numbers from there would go up a in the coming years but who knows.

Last edited:
Speaking of St. Ignatius, Bishop Bizner has resigned after how he handled allegations of misconduct by Fr. Geoff Drew.

Thank God! Should have happened awhile ago! Binzer moved Drew to the largest parochial grade school in area after complaints about Drew’s behavior at St. Max. I’m curious as to how Binzer avoided a Child Endangerment charge.

Speaking of St. Ignatius, Bishop Bizner has resigned after how he handled allegations of misconduct by Fr. Geoff Drew.

This is another prime example of why people can't run away from the Church fast enough. He resigned 10 months after he admitted he covered up allegations. He hasn't been defrocked and still gets to be a priest? He should have been fired on the spot and not allowed to be a priest anymore. It's only a matter of time before he goes to some parish somewhere hoping the people there won't find out about his past.

This is another unbelievavle precedent the Archdiocese and the Vatican continue to set regarding keeping kids safe.

It truly amazes me how people keep defending the Archdiocese.

Last edited:
He should have been fired on the spot and not allowed to be a priest anymore. It's only a matter of time before he goes to some parish somewhere hoping the people there won't find out about his last.

Wait. If you are talking about Fr. Drew, he is going to be standing trial in October for alleged rape of a St. Jude student in the '90s. He won't be conducting mass any time soon.

Wait. If you are talking about Fr. Drew, he is going to be standing trial in October for alleged rape of a St. Jude student in the '90s. He won't be conducting mass any time soon.

Seems like he is talking about Bishop Benzer.

Why are the people with the strongest, most outspoken opinions also the ones who are consistently most wrong on the facts?

Why are the people with the strongest, most outspoken opinions also the ones who are consistently most wrong on the facts?

Binzer failing to protect children at 2 Parishes is not a fact? Enlighten us on some facts of this lying,sick clown please! Is it true that Billy Bob can’t be a Gay Teacher but Binzer can be a Gay Priest and until today be second in command at the AoC?

Binzer failing to protect children at 2 Parishes is not a fact? Enlighten us on some facts of this lying,sick clown please! Is it true that Billy Bob can’t be a Gay Teacher but Binzer can be a Gay Priest and until today be second in command at the AoC?
That opens up an entire other can of worms...the 'being gay and not being allowed to teach in a Catholic school' thing. I know of some teachers who really can't live openly gay because of this. It's ridiculous.

The contract they sign is not limited to same sex activity. Somehow a GCL head coach from another school has kept his position despite the affair with the secretary. Just remembered they are not under the Archdiocese though.

Teachers in Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati schools sign an annual “teacher-minister” contract that includes an agreement to refrain from any conduct that is “in contradiction to Catholic social doctrine or morals.”

Examples listed in the contract include “cohabitation outside marriage, sexual activity out of wedlock and same-sex sexual activity,” among several others. The contract also says promoting such conduct as being acceptable also is a violation.

Binzer also gets to keep title Auxiliary Bishop Emeritus.

From wikipedia
Emeritus bishop
When a diocesan bishop or auxiliary bishop retires, he is given the honorary title of "emeritus" of the last see he served, i.e., archbishop emeritus, bishop emeritus, or auxiliary bishop emeritus of the see. "Emeritus" is not used for a titular see, but could be used for a bishop who has transferred to a non-diocesan appointment without actually being retired. Examples: Archbishop (or Bishop) Emeritus of Place".

Traditionally, bishops appointed ordinaries or auxiliaries served for life. When the rare resignation occurred, the bishop was assigned a titular see. The status of "emeritus" emerged after the Second Vatican Council when bishops were at first encouraged and then required to submit their resignations at the age of 75. On 31 October 1970, Pope Paul VI decreed that "diocesan bishops of the Latin rite who resign are no longer transferred to a titular church, but instead continue to be identified by the name of the see they have resigned."

That opens up an entire other can of worms...the 'being gay and not being allowed to teach in a Catholic school' thing. I know of some teachers who really can't live openly gay because of this. It's ridiculous.

What about being gay and in a Leadership position for the AoC? These folks wonder why enrollment keeps dwindling,the hypocrisy and all this nonsense is the #1 reason!

What about being gay and in a Leadership position for the AoC? These folks wonder why enrollment keeps dwindling,the hypocrisy and all this nonsense is the #1 reason!
I'm being totally serious here...when did Bishop Binzer declare he is gay or was proven to be gay? I must have missed that.

From wikipedia
Thanks for the lesson, I'm aware what it means. This suggests that he did nothing wrong by retaining that title. He didn't even get a slap on the wrist for covering up for a child predator.

Firing him and defrocking him should have been the only acceptable punishment. If a teacher or other lay person in archdiocese did what Binzer did, they would have lost their job immediately. I guess Bishops are held to a lesser standards while openly admitting to violating church teachings.

I'm being totally serious here...when did Bishop Binzer declare he is gay or was proven to be gay? I must have missed that.

Not specifically referring to just Binzer (though I highly suspect he is gay). Many Priests/Pastors (AoC Parish Leadership) have been involved in some stuff that involved homosexuality for many many years. I’m not afraid to start naming names if your not aware of who those priests are.

Legit question - is there anyone within the Archdiocese that sees the need for strategies to increase enrollment across the state?

Or are they happy with continued consolidation as this is cheaper in the long run? There is obviously a lot of passion on this subject within the Catholic market, but you don’t really hear from the Archdiocese on this topic. What is their take on all of this?

I ask because none of this can really get done without their buy in and resources.

Then why does he still have the job as Pastor? If he can't handle it, force him to retire and he can just say Mass whenever he wants, or move him to a much smaller parish. You are probably not aware of this, there is a shortage of priests.

St. Dominic also didn't need the parish center, as they had other multi-purpose spaces already in the school. Since you are an expert on St. Dominic, tell me what room in the school is equal to O'Connor Hall.

Yes, I am quite aware of the priest shortage which further points out the disparities in our parishes. St. Dominic isn't big anymore, they don't need 2 priests while others have to share. It makes zero sense.

As to space equal to O'Connor Hall.... Hmmm how about either of the 2 lunchrooms, the undercroft of the church, the music room, or the top floor of the old nun housing, above the art room and old school offices.... Could have easily blown some walls out up there. Or they could have torn down walls of classrooms, as there are plenty not being used anymore.

It baffles me to no extent how people can keep defending bad decisions of the Archdiocese and its parishes. O'Connor Hall did not need to be built for any reason.

The current freshman class had 186 students made up of the following grade schools.

40 Visitation
25 Victory
18 St. Jude
17 St. Teresa
16 St. Antoninus
14 Lourdes
8 St. Dominic
6 St. John the Baptist
5 St. Lawrence
3 Rapid Run
3 Resurrection
3 Riverside Academy
3 St. Martin
3 St. William
2 Holy Family
2 St. Al's
2 St. Ignatius
2 St. Nicholas
1 Dater
1 Delhi Middle
1 Good Shepherd
1 Home School
1 Mt. Healthy
1 Oyler
1 Roberts Paideia
1 Sayler Park
1 St. Bernard
1 St. Francis Seraph
1 St. Lawrence (IN)
1 St. Mary (Aurora)
1 St. Thomas More
1 Walnut Hills

Not sure if this was posted anywhere else... Current freshman class is 206 from 34 different grade schools.