Elder baseball 2023

Elder should be proud and mostly satisfied with this season. Elder made a deep tourney run after struggling a little early, and then regained footing, and then sputtered again. all the while this team showed up and competed to the end every time down the stretch. Coach Thompson and the staff great with their Homegrown men of Elder.

on a side note. moeller had at least 2 starters that redshirted their 8th grade years.(Visi football parents may remember these 2)
and todays moeller starter never attended a tri-state school until 9th grade.

Elder should be proud and mostly satisfied with this season. Elder made a deep tourney run after struggling a little early, and then regained footing, and then sputtered again. all the while this team showed up and competed to the end every time down the stretch. Coach Thompson and the staff great with their Homegrown men of Elder.

on a side note. moeller had at least 2 starters that redshirted their 8th grade years.(Visi football parents may remember these 2)
I love how new members come on just to bash. But at least you have Omar. Only guy I know booted from a high school game.

This is lame. It’s even more lame than the Elder fans riding Moeller’s jock. And I hardly consider a player from Okeana “homegrown”. All of this “homegrown” crap is a dumb thing to hang your hat on. I guess Dugan should be stripped of his captaincy on the football team since he’s not a westside feeder kid? Dumb, that’s a dumb thing to brag about.

No excuses for today, Moeller is the better team, they just behave with no class. Again, they’re not cheering on their teammates, they’re taunting the opponent. Even the umpire had to warn the dugout.

Last edited:
I mean this will all seriousness. No shade.

The Elder kids have a different DNA, and I mean that in the most positive light there is. They battle, they fight, they never say die. Seriously fantastic success traits for life. Their success this year across all sports was fantastic. I hope these kids realize their success with all of the negativity here.

While I haven't been overly critical of Elder coaches, I haven't exactly been super positive either. I had it wrong. The longevity and pride these coaches have in Elder and these kids 100% lead to these success traits. They have 3 of the best coaches in the state for football, basketball, and baseball at the high school level. That's undisputed.

Congrats to the this class for an unbelievable year, and a true display of character and pride for future Panthers to look up, as well as a superb example of what can be accomplished with kids and coaches working together to accomplish goals. Quite impressive this year.

I like how a bunch of dummies want to preach about GCL brotherhood, Moeller’s bench taunts the opposing team during the game. Yelling “No, No” after earth ball isn’t cheering on your teammate.
Moeller’s bench has been doing this at least since 2019 when I first experienced it at a tournament game at UC. I agree it is old and classless and all it really does is cheapen the reputation of their school to opposing fans. They have been doing it so long that it probably has no effect on opposing players who have been told to ignore it. I am surprised their coach allows it. I am glad we do not do it. It’s degrading to them

I also agree that the better team won today. I think Thompson knew that he had no pitcher who could go 5 innings in the 95 degrrr heat so he tried to get three out of Schoester early. Moeller hit him hard.
Congrats to Elder on a great and classy season. We will always remember this Senior class thanks to Trey’s constant reminders.

I love how new members come on just to bash. But at least you have Omar. Only guy I know booted from a high school game.
OK. mercurymorris.
your status level of Active member .
vs. my lowly new member status validates everything you posted

everything I previously posted regarding moeller roster is accurate. and within the ohsaa rules i presume.

ethical? or within the spirit of the game ?

Moeller’s bench has been doing this at least since 2019 when I first experienced it at a tournament game at UC. I agree it is old and classless and all it really does is cheapen the reputation of their school to opposing fans. They have been doing it so long that it probably has no effect on opposing players who have been told to ignore it. I am surprised their coach allows it. I am glad we do not do it. It’s degrading to them

I also agree that the better team won today. I think Thompson knew that he had no pitcher who could go 5 innings in the 95 degrrr heat so he tried to get three out of Schoester early. Moeller hit him hard.
Congrats to Elder on a great and classy season. We will always remember this Senior class thanks to Trey’s constant reminders.
I’m sure the players were used to it, but that doesn’t make it less bushleague. All teams facing Moeller should refuse to line up for the post game handshake, they’re not worthy of that sign of respect.

Also, this is another example of why Xavier was a bad venue. They should’ve started this game around the time it ended (7:30ish) and played the last half under the lights. Unfortunately, Xavier has no lights. It was hot from the stands but it had to have boiling playing on that field, had

I mean this will all seriousness. No shade.

The Elder kids have a different DNA, and I mean that in the most positive light there is. They battle, they fight, they never say die. Seriously fantastic success traits for life. Their success this year across all sports was fantastic. I hope these kids realize their success with all of the negativity here.

I agree. Elder athletes have everything you describe. It's not good enough anymore to just be "tough" and think you're going to outwork your opponents and win state. Other teams fight too. Moeller certainly did yesterday. Moeller was the more talented team, but they also gutted out a win. It's a nice compliment toward Elder, but at the end of the day they got to figure out how to get over the hump in all sports lately.

I thought I was told the Moeller pitcher was from Loveland, but I guess they could have gotten bad information. How is Elder Homegrown? There is no Elder grade school and middle school. Is Moeller not the same setup as Elder? Maybe, you are suggesting Moeller gets more public school students than Elder's Catholic schools? You do know there are no boundaries anymore, right?

Can you explain this more? I honestly don't know the makeup of Moeller's team. I know Elder's team is made up of probably 90% westside kids, but I would assume Moeller is mostly eastside kids. I do understand Moeller is in a goldmine area where they can draw from a wider area than Elder.

I agree. Elder athletes have everything you describe. It's not good enough anymore to just be "tough" and think you're going to outwork your opponents and win state. Other teams fight too. Moeller certainly did yesterday. Moeller was the more talented team, but they also gutted out a win. It's a nice compliment toward Elder, but at the end of the day they got to figure out how to get over the hump in all sports lately.
Being tough and out working other teams was never enough. That’s just some lame fantasy that some Elder fans have bc they’ve seen too many movies. Talent has always been a requirement for winning at a high level.

I thought I was told the Moeller pitcher was from Loveland, but I guess they could have gotten bad information. How is Elder Homegrown? There is no Elder grade school and middle school. Is Moeller not the same setup as Elder? Maybe, you are suggesting Moeller gets more public school students than Elder's Catholic schools? You do know there are no boundaries anymore, right?

Can you explain this more? I honestly don't know the makeup of Moeller's team. I know Elder's team is made up of probably 90% westside kids, but I would assume Moeller is mostly eastside kids. I do understand Moeller is in a goldmine area where they can draw from a wider area than Elder.
Again, more lame bs from the smooth brained portion of the fanbase.

We reached the Sweet 16 in football, basketball and baseball with a class that was not considered elite. The enrollment is rising. Life is awesome and wholesome on the west side. I have nothing to complain about except for Hamilton County taxes and politics.

We reached the Sweet 16 in football, basketball and baseball with a class that was not considered elite. The enrollment is rising. Life is awesome and wholesome on the west side. I have nothing to complain about except for Hamilton County taxes and politics.
They’re getting kids from the Eastside too. And as much as this Sr class achieved, it would be nice to see Elder finally get over that hump and win a state title in one of the 3 major sports.

Elder doesn't have nearly the recruiting footprint as most of the other private Catholic schools due to location and desire. They are still very much having high level success with westside feeder kids. If you accept that, their success is even that much more impressive knowing they don't go and chase athletes.

It's one thing to disagree with that and think they should go chase more and better athletes. That's a different argument.

But to know the reality, and then to see the results, not giving them massive credit for that is crazy town. They collectively get more out of their kids and frankly, it's not close. And yes, that is something to hang your hat on, even when it doesn't result in state titles.

Once again, them chasing the athletes needed to get over the hump is never going to happen. Stop expecting it. They literally compete every year against an army of D1 recruits with their schedules, and still get the job done.

Elder has plenty of D1 players in football and baseball. Basketball is harder with the much smaller number of scholarships. But you don’t need D1 talent to win in Bball. If you have a team that plays solid D and can shoot 3s, you can win it all in Ohio.

Elder has plenty of D1 players in football and baseball. Basketball is harder with the much smaller number of scholarships. But you don’t need D1 talent to win in Bball. If you have a team that plays solid D and can shoot 3s, you can win it all in Ohio.
Then why exactly do you constantly yammer about them needing more "studs" to compete?

You literally contradict yourself 10x a day.

There’s a difference bw having 4-5 D1 players, with 2 in the P5, vs 5 D1 players in the P5.

Give me 2 great pitchers in baseball and I’ll at least get to the Regionals every year.

And I’m not bitter about Elder losing, Moeller was better, but even after sleeping on it, the Moeller team still behaved like a bunch of clowns. I hope god is real, bc if he is, he wouldn’t let that gaggle of Dbags win a state title.

It’s not about just being better than most, you ultimately want to win a state title. I don’t believe that can ever be the expectation for any team (excluding ‘04 Colerain) but you want to get over that hump at some point.

Another thing that doesn’t get talked about much, at least for Football, is how much harder it is to get out of R4 and a lesser extent R3 vs R1 & R2. Springfield has zero competition in R2, and Ed’s’ traditional competitors in Ignatius & Mentor are way down. That’s not to say Eds & Springfield aren’t the 2 best teams, but it puts a lot less wear & tear on your team when you can cruise through your region.

State titles are hard. You have to be realistic. Yes - they can absolutely win one in the big 3, but without going out and getting talent, it's going to be alot harder, so your odds of it happening in any one year are very low. Knowing those odds, you can't really expect it at all, honestly.

You just have to enjoy the ride when it happens, and it will eventually. They are punching above their weight class, and that's certainly something to be celebrated.

I have no idea how may D1 teams there are in Ohio, but I'm guessing close to 300? To have the big three sports end the season, in the top 8-16, that's pretty amazing. That's like the 98th percentile of performance over the entire year, and people say it's not good enough.

Baffling.

Elder isn’t some tiny, try hard school. They have elite facilities at the HS level and a strong tradition of athletic success. It’s absurd to think they shouldn’t be better than the majority of D1 schools with fewer resources.