EBC Week 9 games

You are absolutely correct Warrior. I've never seen a WB team so poorly coached. There are athletes on this team. Most are not utilized. Crewson (Cruz) is the strongest kid on the team. Meissner (Miziner) is the second fastest kid only behind McKeiver. Add Makcen and Alec Wilson to that list. WB has several players who start who cannot physically handle varsity football, but they have the right last names. Others who are playing positions they shouldn't. Against West Holmes, the defense couldn't even get lined up before the snap. It was the 8th game of the year and the WB offense cannot run a 2 minute offense yet? This coaching staff as a whole has let these kids down. I agree the only coach that seems to give a damn is Davanzo.
Marlington will score as many points as they want this week. Their starters should be done by halftime. Hopefully, they keep everyone healthy and well rested for the Alliance game next week, get the win, and make it into the playoffs. I just think Marlington looks more like a playoff team than Alliance does. I do think the boys will play hard against Salem in week 10. Salem will win due to coaching. As in, they have a football coach, we don't.
That’s the how you call it like you see it.

If you don’t care why do you comment on it?
I think lion86 is just stating that Minerva is now a member of a watered down league that has no true reward for saying you are the champion. They really could have used someone like South Range in the league to make the kids put the work in and play with some grit. Schedule is too soft, league is too soft...you got to challenge these kids if you are going to make them winners.

If you took over the team in May 2019 the Lions would have a 60 man roster, have enough kids to play both Freshmen and JV games, have 4 viable quarterbacks to choose from, would be running a spread offense and putting up 40+ per game and the defense would be giving up 10. We would magically have 20 linemen to choose from and the boys would all be bigger, stronger and faster. You would have also walked the halls and used your charm and we would have 15 seniors instead of 2. You would have done all of this in the 3 months leading into the season. Please tell me where these magic wands are sold because I need one.

Here's the real deal Lion86. This year is all about developing young players for 2020. I had the program out Friday and we not only did Minerva have Sophomores playing early in the game, but they also had Freshmen playing. I saw 6 sophomores and 4 freshmen playing minutes early in the game. So keep telling these kids the are not tough, keep complaining about the quarterback, keep complaining about the offense, keep complaining about the low numbers. How would you have done as a freshman on a Friday night?

Give up, become a Malvern fan, stay away and stop posting if you are going to continually just bash the coaches, kids and program.

I think Hundley is going to turn this thing around and took a step in doing so this year. Of course we all would like to see a 3-5 record right now (that's realistic) and you will see a pretty good team next year. There are some very good players on the field and all are Juniors, it will be a different team next year. So please stay away and don't be part of any turn around.
In 2011 we had 49 on the roster and were 10-0 in the league and made the playoffs with our first win ever against Poland. In 2012 we had major decline with loss of some players and what ended up being a major issue with the HC and his resignation. In 2013 the Mike Hall era started with a coaching and teaching job given with the great Wing T who had a connection with our , at the time Superintendent, the two become friends when he was at Perry. So nepotism played a major roll here and then it continued when Willison took over and let the good ol boys run the show and that’s when even more nepotism showed up. When the current QB’s dad had the plan come full circle when Kimble got benched so he could play, leaving our current best athlete now RB in the dark which changed the whole dynamics of this program. Nepotism was evident in other HC decisions too in this era and a lot of athletes quit due to the ignorance of the coaches. The decline in our program started with nepotism and the Wing T and that’s what we have now. We had a chance to change the culture with Common at QB and that Freshmen class at the time but we couldn’t leave it alone and nepotism reared it’s head again and you guys bought into it, so funny! In 3 years we have a chance to change this program unless the HC wakes up. By the way Malvern won and may get a playoff spot if they beat SV next Friday, and yes, they would beat Minerva.

I think lion86 is just stating that Minerva is now a member of a watered down league that has no true reward for saying you are the champion. They really could have used someone like South Range in the league to make the kids put the work in and play with some grit. Schedule is too soft, league is too soft...you got to challenge these kids if you are going to make them winners.
Absolutely correct. Kick Louisville out so Alliance and Marlington can do exactly what they accused the Leps of doing. I know Minerva didn’t benefit from Louisville leaving. It’s a joke league and needs to disband. Minerva needs to go to another league for sure but all the football geniuses want to stay in the EBC for whatever reason. It will not benefit the program moving forward that’s for sure, but we’ll be better next year, yeah right! what do we have a goal to win 2 games next year then quit. It’s all so laughable and the Minerva football “brain trusts”buy into all this and don’t see the issues which are so incredibly apparent.

Absolutely correct. Kick Louisville out so Alliance and Marlington can do exactly what they accused the Leps of doing. I know Minerva didn’t benefit from Louisville leaving. It’s a joke league and needs to disband. Minerva needs to go to another league for sure but all the football geniuses want to stay in the EBC for whatever reason. It will not benefit the program moving forward that’s for sure, but we’ll be better next year, yeah right! what do we have a goal to win 2 games next year then quit. It’s all so laughable and the Minerva football “brain trusts”buy into all this and don’t see the issues which are so incredibly apparent.I thought the boys played hard tonight,
In 2011 we had 49 on the roster and were 10-0 in the league and made the playoffs with our first win ever against Poland. In 2012 we had major decline with loss of some players and what ended up being a major issue with the HC and his resignation. In 2013 the Mike Hall era started with a coaching and teaching job given with the great Wing T who had a connection with our , at the time Superintendent, the two become friends when he was at Perry. So nepotism played a major roll here and then it continued when Willison took over and let the good ol boys run the show and that’s when even more nepotism showed up. When the current QB’s dad had the plan come full circle when Kimble got benched so he could play, leaving our current best athlete now RB in the dark which changed the whole dynamics of this program. Nepotism was evident in other HC decisions too in this era and a lot of athletes quit due to the ignorance of the coaches. The decline in our program started with nepotism and the Wing T and that’s what we have now. We had a chance to change the culture with Common at QB and that Freshmen class at the time but we couldn’t leave it alone and nepotism reared it’s head again and you guys bought into it, so funny! In 3 years we have a chance to change this program unless the HC wakes up. By the way Malvern won and may get a playoff spot if they beat SV next Friday, and yes, they would beat Minerva.

my god this crap is getting old!!! I thought the boys played hard, there were some big hits. Had well over 400 yards of offense, just couldn’t contain Alliance’s athletes as the game went on. Alliance is a good team and should be a good battle with Marlington. Minerva showed some grit and toughness.

Also- Costea made plays last night! He escaped pressure in the pocket, extended plays, made good throws, and made a long run that jv kids cannont make against a team like AllIance. He belongs on the field and he belongs at quarterback. I also saw him make tackles in space - 1 on 1 agianst good backs. He is a really good football player whether he dad is a coach, janitor or Donald Trump, Costea will be one of the top quarterbacks in the league next year! Also he did have 2 picks that were both deflected off of receivers hands. I also spoke with Common’s dad before the game- the kid doesn’t want to play quarterback- he is a running back and linebacker, last night he only played defense due to a high ankle sprain and showed toughness.There are good things happening on the field for the lions, if you don’t want to believe it that’s fine. But instead of whining and making yourself look bad and our community look worse, just watch our 6’2” 290 lb linemen, 72 Jerrett Burress, the kid had multiple pancake blocks e entry game and is force on the d line. Also watch Logan Williams, 57 who is an extremely physical football player. Both played very well last night and are juniors.

we had a very good core and will be a good football team next year

Last edited:
Lion 86. Would you like a bottle or do you still breast feed? As much as you wine and cry you must identify as having a vagaina. Come on snow flake all schools deal with the same politics . if you want a fair shot for your kid to play try wrestling one on one with less politics

Lion 86. Would you like a bottle or do you still breast feed? As much as you wine and cry you must identify as having a vagaina. Come on snow flake all schools deal with the same politics . if you want a fair shot for your kid to play try wrestling one on one with less politics

like it!

Enough Minerva talk.
It’s going to be a great showdown with Allaince- Marlington after seeing both teams I think it will be a toss up. Both teams have playmakers, athletes and size. It’s going to be a fun high school rivalry game.

After watching Minerva play Alliance last night I think it’s obvious Hundley has them going in the right direction. Alliance has more speed and depth and they went to to toe with the aviators for 1 1/2 Quarters before alliance’s athletes took over. They ran the Wing T pretty well and if you ask me, it was part of the reason they were competitive with my aviators. If they were in the Spread offense I think Alliance probably shuts them out.

The wing T forces people to play discipline and if they don’t they get punished for it. Minerva has a young team too I think next year they can win some games. Stay positive Lion Faithful, you got the monkey off your back this year and the kids play hard. Just need a full off-season lifting program and your non basketball athletes need to all wrestle.

I can almost guarantee that this guy has no kids in sports. I really think our coaches have kids in the right spots this year, not politics, just facts!

After watching Minerva play Alliance last night I think it’s obvious Hundley has them going in the right direction. Alliance has more speed and depth and they went to to toe with the aviators for 1 1/2 Quarters before alliance’s athletes took over. They ran the Wing T pretty well and if you ask me, it was part of the reason they were competitive with my aviators. If they were in the Spread offense I think Alliance probably shuts them out.

The wing T forces people to play discipline and if they don’t they get punished for it. Minerva has a young team too I think next year they can win some games. Stay positive Lion Faithful, you got the monkey off your back this year and the kids play hard. Just need a full off-season lifting program and your non basketball athletes need to all wrestle.

Hundley’s off-season program has already had a positive impact and he started late in the year. Most people in Minerva are really excited about the program and the coaching. Lion86 will never be satisfied and the ultimate band wagon fan. He proclaims that he is now a Malvern fan, thank God!! Sorry Malvern

Looks like west Branch played a pretty good game last night.
Kudos to West Branch last night they were ready to play. I dont think the Dukes were looking past them but defensively they played kinda bad. Marlington had way to many penalties and a few turnovers. Offensively Marlington played well at times but left a few scoring opportunities on the table. Greiner and Cooley had big nights for the Dukes and Hilyer for WB. Marlington needs to cut down on penalties and stupid mistakes against Alliance. I think they will. It's going to be a high scoring game I think.