DVII Region 25 Final: Lucas @ Warren JFK

Glad you liked it. I know the game, was not the results you were looking for, but the Lucas kids played hard, with a lot of heart. I did watch the game , on the Oh report you tube. The stream was excellent, with good announcers
After the first Lucas drive, when JFK stuffed us on fourth down, the boys looked flat after that. I don't know why. The Hollobaugh kid played amazing.

Last edited:
ideliver...IIRC that was a year after I graduated Harding (after by freshman year in college). I got paid $20 and was given a ticket to the fight in exchange for setting up chairs on the football field. It was awesome. Sugar Ray Leonard and Sylvester Stallone were there.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think we got $20. That would have been a lot. It may have just been a ticket.

Last edited:
Glad you liked it. I know the game, was not the results you were looking for, but the Lucas kids played hard, with a lot of heart. I did watch the game , on the Oh report you tube. The stream was excellent, with good announcers
Hope to see that Hollobaugh kid down at Ashland playing inside linebacker next to my son. He has the frame for it.

Hope to see that Hollobaugh kid down at Ashland playing inside linebacker next to my son. He has the frame for it.

I may be wrong, but I think he was the D7 defensive player of the year last year. He was at middle linebacker. I’m guessing they moved him out of there to give him a bit of a rest.

He certainly has the numbers to be the D7 offensive player of the year this season.

How may high school stadiums have hosted a championship boxing event?

Scipio,

My brother led Ray into the ring in the video. He was also the guy that lifted him into the air at the conclusion of the Frias title fight in the video. I think that shot was on the cover of Sports Illustrated after Boom won the title that day.

I was at ringside that day at Mollenkopf. Actually I'm in the video several times. Look at about 17:07 you may be able to spot me. I'm the extremely good looking kid on the right side with the full black beard & head of hair. :)

Scipio,

My brother led Ray into the ring in the video. He was also the guy that lifted him into the air at the conclusion of the Frias title fight in the video. I think that shot was on the cover of Sports Illustrated after Boom won the title that day.

I was at ringside that day at Mollenkopf. Actually I'm in the video several times. Look at about 17:07 you may be able to spot me. I'm the extremely good looking kid on the right side with the full black beard & head of hair. :)
I saw you!

I have a question about the stadium for you. Why is their a panther on the scoreboard? Noticed it in pictures and couldn't figure it out.
Warren Harding was the Panthers up to the consolidation between Warren Harding, and Warren Western Reserve up to 1990. These 2 schools were a huge rivalry through 1989. As far as the Panther on the scoreboard, I will let someone else get into actual details of that directly. Just don't know if someone will take that on though, on here

Warren Harding was the Panthers up to the consolidation between Warren Harding, and Warren Western Reserve up to 1990. These 2 schools were a huge rivalry through 1989. As far as the Panther on the scoreboard, I will let someone else get into actual details of that directly. Just don't know if someone will take that on though, on here
I figured it was a consolidation thing. All I wanted to know. The politics of consolidation usually are quite crazy.

I have not heard where is offers are coming from
As of right now he has a PWO from Furman but not much else for football. The current situation with the NCAA is killing a lot of 2021s opportunities, plus he is a bit of a tweener. I agree that LB is his position at the next level and he will be a very, very good one.

As of right now he has a PWO from Furman but not much else for football. The current situation with the NCAA is killing a lot of 2021s opportunities, plus he is a bit of a tweener. I agree that LB is his position at the next level and he will be a very, very good one.
Hoping he gets interest from Ashland. Love to see him with us. Kid is a baller.

Just an educated guess....a former panther with a long Greek name paid for the scoreboard....

Last edited: