Dublin Coffman Rocks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked with one of the MS coaches (Coffman Alum, and Former Football Player) this morning for a Coffman feeder, and they said Stokes did not make any attempt to reach out. The MS staff initiated some conversation about how they should run practice, and he said Stokes basically disgraced how the MS team was running practice. The MS had a very structured practice format utilizing different periods throughout the day to work on the different phases and Stokes basically said why would anyone have structured periods throughout a practice...

Talked with one of the MS coaches (Coffman Alum, and Former Football Player) this morning for a Coffman feeder, and they said Stokes did not make any attempt to reach out. The MS staff initiated some conversation about how they should run practice, and he said Stokes basically disgraced how the MS team was running practice. The MS had a very structured practice format utilizing different periods throughout the day to work on the different phases and Stokes basically said why would anyone have structured periods throughout a practice...
Sorry BVG, AHM told me Stokes is heavily involved in MS and building up the feeder system, he knows admins.

I would say this is heavily involved. See what changes he makes.
I get it. Lots of people at skeptical of stokes. Loved all the regular season wins the past 20 years. Each are free to his/her opinion. That’s what makes yappi great.
As for me being right or wrong: what does it matter? Take my words for what it’s worth. Or don’t. Doesn’t matter to me in the slightest.

A bench to sit on at home after a 13 play drive and May be a tent if it’s 90 and humid in August and using modern technology so they kids can see what may be needs to be corrected or see something they missed would be nice . I mean really ? That doesn’t mean kids are soft . It just means that this is 2021 and you have the resources . Seriously having a bench and using technology is a good and useful thing . I wouldn’t have as much a problem if the kids weren’t making some of the same mistakes over and over again .
I know you don’t like asking people who are actually there. BUT if you did, stokes has one staff member who has been there since the Conley days. Ask him. He’ll be honest. Ask him what it’s like. Ask him the differences between the coaches. Ask him. He’ll tell you. Ask him how the program is run and why. He’ll tell you. But then the answer might not meet your opinion.

I know you don’t like asking people who are actually there. BUT if you did, stokes has one staff member who has been there since the Conley days. Ask him. He’ll be honest. Ask him what it’s like. Ask him the differences between the coaches. Ask him. He’ll tell you. Ask him how the program is run and why. He’ll tell you. But then the answer might not meet your opinion.
Hicks is an awesome dude. I’m sure he would appreciate you sending people to him to compare the two guys he’s worked with in the past 21 years. One he was with for 20 and one he hasn’t been with for even 1. I’m sure Hicks has a great sample size to compare and contrast. I know Hicks likes to win, so there’s that.

I would say this is not heavily involved.

Hicks is an awesome dude. I’m sure he would appreciate you sending people to him to compare the two guys he’s worked with in the past 21 years. One he was with for 20 and one he hasn’t been with for even 1. I’m sure Hicks has a great sample size to compare and contrast. I know Hicks likes to win, so there’s that.
Good place to start, coach. Ask him why they aren’t winning. You might not like the answer.

Good place to start, coach. Ask him why they aren’t winning. You might not like the answer.
Point being, I know Hicks, I highly doubt he would take kindly to the question in midst of the worst season he’s been a part of in a long, long time. His son played for Crabby, if Hicks felt the culture problems were so bad, he wouldn’t have stayed a part of it nor let his son be a part of it.

Point being, I know Hicks, I highly doubt he would take kindly to the question in midst of the worst season he’s been a part of in a long, long time. His son played for Crabby, if Hicks felt the culture problems were so bad, he wouldn’t have stayed a part of it nor let his son be a part of it.
So you’ll have no question asking him. Right, coach?

We all know the reason the team is losing is the previous coaches . We don’t have to ask Stokes that. He says it all the time . And because he says it it means it’s true of course . I like the look of trashing the previous staff and placing the responsibility on them ., May be he takes a bit more responsibility next year ? We will see .

Remember back in the summer when you said zero coaches stayed on staff and it was a entire new freshman staff...LOL

Wrong Again ?

So it’s been established that the reason the Rocks are losing is how bad the previous staff and culture was . How weak soft and pathetic the program was . Quick question . So does this mean the reason Minster is doing even worse than Coffman this year is Stokes fault ?

Last edited:
So it’s been established that the reason the Rocks are losing is how bad the previous staff and culture was . How weak soft and pathetic the program was . Quick question . So does this mean the reason Minster is doing even worse than Coffman this year is Stokes fault ?
My guess would be that the new Minster coach hasn’t invested time in the middle school staff.

I think it’s time to get back to this weeks actual football games . I enjoy the nonsense and inanity as much as the next guy but big games this week with league title implications

I know some PC fans read this space. In saying this, I understand PC has won the big one. Hypothesize this scenario for me if you will:

Sharrett decides to hang up the whistle. His recommendation is for Lomonico (sp?) to become the next HC. The admin are down to two candidates: Lomonico and whatever coach just won the D7 title out of the MAC. The MAC candidate sells the admin on the need to change the culture at PC. Who do you think the PC admin hires? All hypothetical here.

I know it’s a slightly different situation, however, I would contend the PC admin wouldn’t kick the tires on needing “fresh” blood in the HC position after their successful run. Logically it seems like a not-so-smart move.

PC administration has no problem with the culture ( at PC . Coffman’s did it seems after many years with the same HC . Culture needed to be changed . Given PC’s demographics, they wouldn’t hire a MAC coach or a coach from a rural all white school in a million years

I know some PC fans read this space. In saying this, I understand PC has won the big one. Hypothesize this scenario for me if you will:

Sharrett decides to hang up the whistle. His recommendation is for Lomonico (sp?) to become the next HC. The admin are down to two candidates: Lomonico and whatever coach just won the D7 title out of the MAC. The MAC candidate sells the admin on the need to change the culture at PC. Who do you think the PC admin hires? All hypothetical here.

I know it’s a slightly different situation, however, I would contend the PC admin wouldn’t kick the tires on needing “fresh” blood in the HC position after their successful run. Logically it seems like a not-so-smart move.
Sharrett has won two big ones. And played for three more. Just to clarify.

this is great talk. And I can feel the passion and can see lines being drawn. I really like crabby. I like what I’ve seen stokes trying to do.

but here is the key: no matter what you and I think or want or how excited we were about the last 20 years of regular season victories, it doesn’t matter. Administration-those hired and paid to make decisions-wanted a clean break and a change. We can argue and blame and do resumes and passive aggressive comments and whatever. But this is what people in the building every day hired to make decisions want.

[

this is great talk. And I can feel the passion and can see lines being drawn. I really like crabby. I like what I’ve seen stokes trying to do.

but here is the key: no matter what you and I think or want or how excited we were about the last 20 years of regular season victories, it doesn’t matter. Administration-those hired and paid to make decisions-wanted a clean break and a change. We can argue and blame and do resumes and passive aggressive comments and whatever. But this is what people in the building every day hired to make decisions want.
Sure, but my point of contention is that the admins you speak of at Coffman are morons.

I stated as much. “Hypothesize with me”, “it’s a slightly different situation”. I’m well aware Sharrett has won 2, I didn’t state he “only won one” I said he’s won the big one, implying at least one to a reader. Would Sharretts exact resume be required to answer this hypothetical question? I would assume PC fans (who I directed the question at) are aware of his record, thanks for educating me though, just to be clear. When people, such as yourself, have been proven wrong many times, they desperately try to find something to be “correct” about.

I stated as much. “Hypothesize with me”, “it’s a slightly different situation”. I’m well aware Sharrett has won 2, I didn’t state he “only won one” I said he’s won the big one, implying at least one to a reader. Would Sharretts exact resume be required to answer this hypothetical question? I would assume PC fans (who I directed the question at) are aware of his record, thanks for educating me though, just to be clear. When people, such as yourself, have been proven wrong many times, they desperately try to find something to be “correct” about.
I like mark. Comparing him to Sharrett is idiotic. Not even close enough to be hypothetical without being absurd.
Im not agreeing not disagreeing with you regarding admin. You might be right. But it doesn’t matter. This is the way it is.

I like mark. Comparing him to Sharrett is idiotic. Not even close enough to be hypothetical without being absurd.
Im not agreeing not disagreeing with you regarding admin. You might be right. But it doesn’t matter. This is the way it is.
Comparing 2 coaches in D1 in Central Ohio is idiotic? Absurd? Please elaborate… It’s absurd maybe because the only idiots pompous enough to screw the pooch on something like this reside in Dublin.

The situation I posed is certainly not absurd. What do PC posters believe they would do in the situation I posed? Sharrett won’t coach forever.

As to Harry’s answer, I had a good idea as to what the answer to my hypothetical scenario was: they stick with Lomonico as to not change a winning “culture”.

I know hindsight is 20/20, and I agree that Stokes took on a very difficult assignment. I don’t like the approach he is taking with “success once things are done my way”route. Like I’ve stated, very hard sell to kids that have grown up in Dublin, wanting to play football at Coffman because of the winning culture they saw. Not one kid has ever said “wow, look at that senior RB on that 3-7 team Dad! I hope I can become as hard a worker as that coach has made him! You can really tell he bought into that coach’s program Dad!” Not one.

I have an obvious issue with the entire “culture” thing (I would love for Harry to share with me what Crabby said about the Floyd situation). As Harry seems to point towards race possibly being a factor in this whole “culture” change thing.

Lomonico's wife being the assistant principal might help his cause. Lol

Comparing 2 coaches in D1 in Central Ohio is idiotic? Absurd? Please elaborate… It’s absurd maybe because the only idiots pompous enough to screw the pooch on something like this reside in Dublin.

The situation I posed is certainly not absurd. What do PC posters believe they would do in the situation I posed? Sharrett won’t coach forever.

As to Harry’s answer, I had a good idea as to what the answer to my hypothetical scenario was: they stick with Lomonico as to not change a winning “culture”.

I know hindsight is 20/20, and I agree that Stokes took on a very difficult assignment. I don’t like the approach he is taking with “success once things are done my way”route. Like I’ve stated, very hard sell to kids that have grown up in Dublin, wanting to play football at Coffman because of the winning culture they saw. Not one kid has ever said “wow, look at that senior RB on that 3-7 team Dad! I hope I can become as hard a worker as that coach has made him! You can really tell he bought into that coach’s program Dad!” Not one.

I have an obvious issue with the entire “culture” thing (I would love for Harry to share with me what Crabby said about the Floyd situation). As Harry seems to point towards race possibly being a factor in this whole “culture” change thing.
It’s idiotic because the level of success between PC and Coffman is incomparable. I love Coffman. But it’s not even close. Whatever culture Coffman has had is dwarfed by central.
and I know this is going to trigger Harry, but while both schools have had their share of transfers, only one school has had a coach suspended for illegal contact. This matters. Coffman administrators wanted changes. Pick central did not.
The schools aren’t run similar at all. Sharrett was anointed the future head coach long before jack retired. mark was an outsider when Tudor left. Coffman doesn’t operate like pick central.
lomonico will likely leave when Sharrett does anyway.

It’s idiotic because the level of success between PC and Coffman is incomparable. I love Coffman. But it’s not even close. Whatever culture Coffman has had is dwarfed by central.
and I know this is going to trigger Harry, but while both schools have had their share of transfers, only one school has had a coach suspended for illegal contact. This matters. Coffman administrators wanted changes. Pick central did not.
The schools aren’t run similar at all. Sharrett was anointed the future head coach long before jack retired. mark was an outsider when Tudor left. Coffman doesn’t operate like pick central.
lomonico will likely leave when Sharrett does anyway.
Geez, I guess if you look at it through your lens, no hypotheticals, they can’t exist. No school operates exactly like any other one. No football program is run in the identical fashion to another. In terms of success, in the Central Ohio area in D1 it’s been Davidson, PC, and Coffman. The first two have both won more than one state title. They would obviously be the clear 1/2 in terms of programs. Coffman would be 3. I picked PC because Sharrett has been there as the HC about the same time as Crabby. Who should’ve I used as a comparison to illustrate my point? Gahanna? YOTW? Kilbourne? Liberty (the team Crabby owned)? None of those schools are even close to Coffman’s success. So who do you suggest genius?

You also never answered who you were calling “coach” earlier?

C
Geez, I guess if you look at it through your lens, no hypotheticals, they can’t exist. No school operates exactly like any other one. No football program is run in the identical fashion to another. In terms of success, in the Central Ohio area in D1 it’s been Davidson, PC, and Coffman. The first two have both won more than one state title. They would obviously be the clear 1/2 in terms of programs. Coffman would be 3. I picked PC because Sharrett has been there as the HC about the same time as Crabby. Who should’ve I used as a comparison to illustrate my point? Gahanna? YOTW? Kilbourne? Liberty (the team Crabby owned)? None of those schools are even close to Coffman’s success. So who do you suggest genius?

You also never answered who you were calling “coach” earlier?

Coffman is MUCH closer to Liberty than they are PC. Coffman obviously better overall with a dominant 2-9 or whatever it is but I bet post season success isn’t a crazy gap like it is comparing 5 state title appearances and 2 titles to never getting to a state final. I am not sure exact number of how many times Coffman has even been to state-semi probably not much more than Liberty. I am a Crabtree fan and not a fan of what is going on at DC currently like many others but PC and Coffman are very different in a lot of ways including on field success.

Status
Not open for further replies.