Dover vs Aurora

How many State Championships plus Final Four Appearances does Dover have in the last 15 years? Aurora has 5 final fours and a State Title since 2006. Over hyped? Make sure you answer the question now.

Legba is a Dover troll, so ignore him, but Dover is not unsuccessful in the post season either. From 2006-2012 they made the regional final 6 out of 7 years, with the one year not making it still winning a playoff game. They haven’t had as much post season success since, but that’s mainly a result of bad draws in the first round (Marion-Franklin, Desales, SVSM, etc.). The 2006 and 2008 teams were very close to winning state, and the 2012 team ran into a SVSM buzzsaw in the final four.

Legba is a Dover troll, so ignore him, but Dover is not unsuccessful in the post season either. From 2006-2012 they made the regional final 6 out of 7 years, with the one year not making it still winning a playoff game. They haven’t had as much post season success since, but that’s mainly a result of bad draws in the first round (Marion-Franklin, Desales, SVSM, etc.). The 2006 and 2008 teams were very close to winning state, and the 2012 team ran into a SVSM buzzsaw in the final four.
Good to know who he is. Everyone in Aurora is expecting a very tough game this Friday. We always get the “soft suburban” b.s. from fans of schools that are unfamiliar. Some years we are more talented and experienced than others (that’s what happens at closed enrollment public schools) but we are always well coached and tough. This years team is Senior dominanted and experienced as most started as Juniors. Most felt we would have gone undefeated if our QB was healthy. He is back and looked comfortable in limited playing time against Ravenna. The Region is loaded and whoever wins it should be the favorite to win the State title. Dover will be a big challenge. Crazy they have to play each other in the quarterfinals. I still think in no particular order that Canfield, Chardon, Dover and Aurora are the best in region 9.

Good to know who he is. Everyone in Aurora is expecting a very tough game this Friday. We always get the “soft suburban” b.s. from fans of schools that are unfamiliar. Some years we are more talented and experienced than others (that’s what happens at closed enrollment public schools) but we are always well coached and tough. This years team is Senior dominanted and experienced as most started as Juniors. Most felt we would have gone undefeated if our QB was healthy. He is back and looked comfortable in limited playing time against Ravenna. The Region is loaded and whoever wins it should be the favorite to win the State title. Dover will be a big challenge. Crazy they have to play each other in the quarterfinals. I still think in no particular order that Canfield, Chardon, Dover and Aurora are the best in region 9.

Sorry I worded the first part incorrectly- I didn’t mean he is from Dover, just that he trolls Dover, and is doing so here by trying to make the Dover fans look overconfident.

Dover respects Aurora, of course, and I think the respect is mutual. For what it’s worth, I went back and looked at playoff records since 2006. From 2006-2012, Dover was 14-7, and Aurora was 14-6. And from 2006-now Dover is 17-13, while Aurora is 22-13. Both are very strong programs with similar success, and set for a great clash! I know both teams decently well, so I’m especially looking forward to it.

Whoever wins this game I believe will face chardon in the regional final. Maybe even play for the state title. Region 9 and 11 will probably have the state champion. Hopefully it's who wins 9 going against who wins 11 in the championship.

Bad draws? There really is no such thing if your goal is to win a title? Eventually you’re going to have to beat the best teams, whether those teams appear in week 11,12,13,14 or 15/16 doesnt really matter.

I’ll say this though, in looking at Aurora’s schedule and results they look to be a very good team. Impressive in their wins and their 2 losses as well, against two very good teams. I think Dover’s run ends with this one.

Whoever wins this game I believe will face chardon in the regional final. Maybe even play for the state title. Region 9 and 11 will probably have the state champion. Hopefully it's who wins 9 going against who wins 11 in the championship.
so you expect the semi finals to be regions 9&10?

This reminds me of the Aurora New Philly game from a few years ago. New Philly was 10-1 and was the talk of the region and Aurora came in and rolled them. I expect the same on Friday. I guarantee Dover has not seen a defense this good all season nor an offense with so many weapons.

Alright, Tired of seeing all these people posting about how Dover hasn’t seen anyone this good all year, have you looked at there damn schedule? Pisses me off when people post stupid stuff like that.. They Win 18-15 vs ST V who would’ve competed with more than 3/4 of the team in this region and everyone thinks they will get clocked… Unbelievable.

This reminds me of the Aurora New Philly game from a few years ago. New Philly was 10-1 and was the talk of the region and Aurora came in and rolled them. I expect the same on Friday. I guarantee Dover has not seen a defense this good all season nor an offense with so many weapons.
Yes phila ended up 10-2 that year. Both loses were to Dover and Aurora lol

Some pertinent information,Phila QB broke his wrist near the end of the Dover game so the team Aurora played was missing its best player,and one of the best D3 players in the state.

Omg ???

Alright, Tired of seeing all these people posting about how Dover hasn’t seen anyone this good all year, have you looked at there damn schedule? Pisses me off when people post stupid stuff like that.. They Win 18-15 vs ST V who would’ve competed with more than 3/4 of the team in this region and everyone thinks they will get clocked… Unbelievable.
Nah Dover only just played, Canfield Stuebenville Strongsville and SVSM at full strength.

Nah Dover only just played, Canfield Stuebenville Strongsville and SVSM at full strength.
I don't think all these teams were at full strength actually when Dover played them. Big Red definitely had a lot of kids hurt throughout the year.