Dover Tornadoes 2024

Do we have a full schedule yet? Last time I checked we were still open week 9. I think our strength this year will be the skill positions. If I remember correctly we're losing most or nearly all of the linemen. However, several injuries last year allowed younger players to get some key playing time so it may not be that much of a rebuild on the line as I'm thinking. How's our defense looking this year? My grandson will be playing this year. He's a senior and he's 6'3 and like 240. He doesn't have great speed but he has good hands. I think he may be trying to be a TE on offense and DE on defense.

Looking forward to Week One. Last year's opener was hard fought by both teams. Hoping for the same this year. While I've visited New Phila's stadium on two occasions, I've never seen a game at Dover, but have heard good things about the stadium and atmosphere.

Looking forward to Week One. Last year's opener was hard fought by both teams. Hoping for the same this year. While I've visited New Phila's stadium on two occasions, I've never seen a game at Dover, but have heard good things about the stadium and atmosphere.
You'll love it. Games at the Brickhouse, as we call it are awesome! If your looking to get a good pizza before the game, try Penso's on front street.

Wonder why they couldn't of schedule Mansfield Sr for week 9, they were both open for the longest time, and since there going to be future league opponents,

Wonder why they couldn't of schedule Mansfield Sr for week 9, they were both open for the longest time, and since there going to be future league opponents,

Depending on who they bring in,Linsly can be a very tough opponent.

Do we have a full schedule yet? Last time I checked we were still open week 9. I think our strength this year will be the skill positions. If I remember correctly we're losing most or nearly all of the linemen. However, several injuries last year allowed younger players to get some key playing time so it may not be that much of a rebuild on the line as I'm thinking. How's our defense looking this year? My grandson will be playing this year. He's a senior and he's 6'3 and like 240. He doesn't have great speed but he has good hands. I think he may be trying to be a TE on offense and DE on defense.
I think there will be some growing pains when it comes to the line with only one starter on each side of the ball returning. You can also include McKinnon who can play on both sides but it will depend on his health. A lot of skill guys coming back on offense and a QB with a year under his belt.

Defensive line is a question mark and the linebacker position is maybe even a bigger one. The secondary will be the strength of the defense with everyone returning and a couple guys that saw snaps last year.

He's probably waiting on Iff to retire

He'll be waiting a long time then. I think he's a gamechanger of a coach and maybe he will come coordinate, but considering how they were yelling at each other during the scrimmage last year it's doubtful.

Coach Ifft will be at Dover
the sandlot GIF

Here is Region 11:

ATHENS (THE PLAINS)
BEECHCROFT (COLUMBUS)
BEXLEY
BISHOP HARTLEY (COLUMBUS)
BISHOP WATTERSON (COLUMBUS)
BLOOM-CARROLL (CARROLL)
BUCKEYE VALLEY (DELAWARE)
CARROLLTON
CENTENNIAL (COLUMBUS)
CIRCLEVILLE
DOVER
EASTMOOR ACADEMY (COLUMBUS)
GRANVILLE
HAMILTON TOWNSHIP (COLUMBUS)
INDEPENDENCE (COLUMBUS)
INDIAN CREEK (WINTERSVILLE)
JACKSON
JOHN GLENN (NEW CONCORD)
LICKING VALLEY (NEWARK)
LINDEN MC KINLEY (COLUMBUS)
MARIETTA
NEW PHILADELPHIA
SHERIDAN (THORNVILLE)
SOUTH (COLUMBUS)
STEUBENVILLE
TRI-VALLEY (DRESDEN)
WARREN (VINCENT)
WEST (COLUMBUS)
ZANESVILLE

The Columbus schools are always strong but I think historically Dover has has the most success in region 11. Steubenville,Granville and Hartley will be front runners
I would think Watterson would be up there too. They won the region last year. Steubenville, Sheridan, and Hartley were the top three seeds in the D4 equivalent region, and should all be very strong again. Licking Valley, Granville, and Tri-Valley are always good, and Bloom-Carroll has been solid as of late too. Those teams, along with Jackson, John Glenn, Dover, and Phila will likely be 12 of the 16 playoff spots.

Jackson I know is a very talented football team same goes with Bloom Carroll back when Bloom Carroll was D4 they were a great team they had some great athletes.