Dover @ Indian Valley

DoverTornadoFan

Let's get this started. Seems like a lot of Dover fans are already counting on Dover to go 0-10 so who knows what some fans are gonna say. But I'll start the smack talk. Gonna be nice for Dover to get their first win of the season against a 2-0 team.

Yeah, IV has improved over the years but they still have a ways to go IMO. They are not on the same level as Green or CS this year. I think Dover wins comfortably.

Dover losing to Canton South surprised me. The Tornadoes are not a bad team at all. Anyone who says they'll be 0-10 is delusional.

Indian Valley, the Pensylvania team, Boardman, and New Phila should all be wins.

Dover losing to Canton South surprised me. The Tornadoes are not a bad team at all. Anyone who says they'll be 0-10 is delusional.

Indian Valley, the Pensylvania team, Boardman, and New Phila should all be wins.
That's Dover fans for you. Back in 07 we started 0-3 and our fans were going crazy predicting 0-10 and need a whole new team this and that. Then we won our last 7 and hosted a playoff game. Went 2 rounds in the playoffs that year. Some mistakes were made in the game tonight that prolly cost us the game. Well that happens sometimes. I'm not happy about it either but I know we'll be fine.

Dover has to get healed up, IV is a very physical team and proved last year they are legit D 4 or not they can play ball.
Yeah, the challenge this week is Dover went from having to chase Canton South's receivers all over the field to now IV is going come right at you.

It looks like the defense should be able to handle their own as long as the offense & special teams don't put them in a bad place like last night.

That's Dover fans for you. Back in 07 we started 0-3 and our fans were going crazy predicting 0-10 and need a whole new team this and that. Then we won our last 7 and hosted a playoff game. Went 2 rounds in the playoffs that year. Some mistakes were made in the game tonight that prolly cost us the game. Well that happens sometimes. I'm not happy about it either but I know we'll be fine.
While I generally agree with you, they aren’t playing easy ECOL games in weeks 4-10 this year. That year was 3 tough non league games followed by a bunch of pushovers. With the independent schedule, this is now looking like a 3-7/4-6 year, which I can’t believe I’m saying.

Having said that, 07 was a learning experience (new QB and skill players that improved over the season) that set up for the success of the 08 team, so hopefully 23 and 24 can mirror that a little.

While I generally agree with you, they aren’t playing easy ECOL games in weeks 4-10 this year. That year was 3 tough non league games followed by a bunch of pushovers. With the independent schedule, this is now looking like a 3-7/4-6 year, which I can’t believe I’m saying.

Having said that, 07 was a learning experience (new QB and skill players that improved over the season) that set up for the success of the 08 team, so hopefully 23 and 24 can mirror that a little.
Yes I'm glad we're no longer in the ECOL as well. When I saw fans saying things they were after the game last night it reminded me of how crazy fans were going back in 07. We'll see what happens this year. Young QB did look good last night. Really had 1 or 2 bad passes last night. I think we'll keep improving and might surprise people as the season goes on.

Yes I'm glad we're no longer in the ECOL as well. When I saw fans saying things they were after the game last night it reminded me of how crazy fans were going back in 07. We'll see what happens this year. Young QB did look good last night. Really had 1 or 2 bad passes last night. I think we'll keep improving and might surprise people as the season goes on.
I’m just saying this season won’t have the same trajectory as that season because we’re playing Steubenville, Canfield, and DeSales, not Claymont, Meadowbrook, and Coshocton. I’m hoping for the best, but I’m not as optimistic now, because I thought Green and Canton South would be close wins, which doesn’t bode well for the even tougher teams later on the schedule.

We could very easily be 2-0 right now instead of 0-2. CS is probably going 10-0 with their schedule and have a deep playoff run. Green, I think has a good shot at 8-2 and they play a pretty tough schedule as well. We have 8 games left. I think there are 4 definite wins there and 4 close games there. I really don't see us going 4-6. I think 6-4 is realistic and 8-2 is possible. People were really complaining about the D last night. Yeah, they got torched. However, the CS offense will torch everyone on their schedule. Dover covers those 2 botched kicks, that's a different ballgame. Dover scored everytime they had the ball except on that safety, did you all realize that? They clean up the mistakes, 6,7,8 wins are attainable, even with the schedule we have.

We could very easily be 2-0 right now instead of 0-2. CS is probably going 10-0 with their schedule and have a deep playoff run. Green, I think has a good shot at 8-2 and they play a pretty tough schedule as well. We have 8 games left. I think there are 4 definite wins there and 4 close games there. I really don't see us going 4-6. I think 6-4 is realistic and 8-2 is possible. People were really complaining about the D last night. Yeah, they got torched. However, the CS offense will torch everyone on their schedule. Dover covers those 2 botched kicks, that's a different ballgame. Dover scored everytime they had the ball except on that safety, did you all realize that? They clean up the mistakes, 6,7,8 wins are attainable, even with the schedule we have.
I really don’t see 4 definite wins. Allderdice is the only definite in IMO. Indian Valley and Boardman are likely wins. We have a good chance against Phila and Linsly, but they are not definite. And Dover will be the underdog against Steubenville, Canfield, and DeSales. I agree 7-8 wins is attainable, but 4-6 is more likely…

And I know people were making fun of someone’s “6th best team on Dover’s schedule” comment, but I actually think that will end up being true. I think Green, Steubenville, Canfield, DeSales, and Linsly will end up being better than Canton South this year (and no disrespect to them). Hopefully we can at least get in 2 of the remaining 4 tougher games. And the Phila game has been a toss up lately, regardless of incoming records.

Last edited:
This game will likely be a sellout and be a slobberknocker. Not sure what the series numbers are but I know Dover has never lost to IV. Dover defense has done a pretty good job against the run but gives up big chunks against the pass.
Lack of depth is showing up,gotta heal quick.

Believe Dover first started playing IV in 1996 (Coach Ifft's 2nd year). 2007 was IV's last year in the ECOL (Coach Lancaster's 1st year).

So 1996-2007 and then 2022 after IV had to cancel the game in 2021.

This game will likely be a sellout and be a slobberknocker. Not sure what the series numbers are but I know Dover has never lost to IV. Dover defense has done a pretty good job against the run but gives up big chunks against the pass.
Dover is 13-0 in the series.

Dover battling injuries already? I missed IVs week 1 game, but they had a few on the sidelines for week 2 not dressed. Not sure if it happened week 1 or it was prior to that.

Hoping for a good game. Those ECOL games were brutal. Looking like it should be a little more competitive but I'm taking Dover to go to 14-0 in the series and get their 1st win.

Natural instinct is to lean heavy on Dover for this game, but something to consider - since week 1 of 2022, Canton South has given up an average of 32 points a game. Take away the 2 worst teams they played last year & the average jumps to 35 points a game.

This week should reveal more about if any issues on the offense have been actually fixed or it was just the CS "ole" D that made them look good.

You might have a point Ray, the CS defense Has given up 41 and 40 points, the thing I noticed from game 1 to game 2 was the faster decision making by #4. Week 1 it looked like he was hesitating on what to do,Friday he was firing away.

Dover has made a ton of mistakes the first two games and it has cost them a chance to win in both. Botched snaps in week one with 4 turnovers and a safety in week two. If they play a clean game, Dover has the clear advantage but if they let IV hang around, who knows what could happen.

Had to rescue this from page 2 because IV fans jitterbug phones don’t have internet and Dover fans don’t want to eat more crow over what a loss to an IVC school means for the state of the program.

Dover always did the little things right and the big things took care of themselves.

IV gonna try and take the T county crown off Dover’s head after Phila knocked it loose.

Dover was undefeated at Kelley Field, but that’s not where this games being played.

Lots of meat in the story stew this week but nobody looks very hungry.

At least there's a thread for this game, lol. I can think of someone who hasn't had a thread last week and this week. At least none that I saw!

Had to rescue this from page 2 because IV fans jitterbug phones don’t have internet and Dover fans don’t want to eat more crow over what a loss to an IVC school means for the state of the program.

Dover always did the little things right and the big things took care of themselves.

IV gonna try and take the T county crown off Dover’s head after Phila knocked it loose.

Dover was undefeated at Kelley Field, but that’s not where this games being played.

Lots of meat in the story stew this week but nobody looks very hungry.
Well to be fair, it’s not as fun to discuss after two losses. Frankly, losing 8 of the last 9 games (going back to last season), is extremely frustrating. All off-season they were talking about needing to finish games to correct from last year, and the first two weeks were more of the same.

Well to be fair, it’s not as fun to discuss after two losses. Frankly, losing 8 of the last 9 games (going back to last season), is extremely frustrating. All off-season they were talking about needing to finish games to correct from last year, and the first two weeks were more of the same.
I have a pretty good feeling that it starts Friday. If Dover doesn't beat themselves they'll be fine.

Wow. I didn't realize we've lost 8 of the last nine games. When your talking Dover football that's crazy. Sad part about that is instead of 1-8, we very easily could have been 8-1, possibly even 9-0 if the ball bounced differently one time each game.

Wow. I didn't realize we've lost 8 of the last nine games. When your talking Dover football that's crazy. Sad part about that is instead of 1-8, we very easily could have been 8-1, possibly even 9-0 if the ball bounced differently one time each game.
I know it was all against relatively good teams, but it’s crazy how we’ve struggled to win close games lately.

Reminds me of Browns disease, agonizingly close but yet the same answer.
Get back on track and they can still have a great season.

I really don’t see 4 definite wins. Allderdice is the only definite in IMO. Indian Valley and Boardman are likely wins. We have a good chance against Phila and Linsly, but they are not definite. And Dover will be the underdog against Steubenville, Canfield, and DeSales. I agree 7-8 wins is attainable, but 4-6 is more likely…

And I know people were making fun of someone’s “6th best team on Dover’s schedule” comment, but I actually think that will end up being true. I think Green, Steubenville, Canfield, DeSales, and Linsly will end up being better than Canton South this year (and no disrespect to them). Hopefully we can at least get in 2 of the remaining 4 tougher games. And the Phila game has been a toss up lately, regardless of incoming records.
Linsly could very well be the best team on the schedule.