Dover 2023-2024

Looks like in Dover's district bracket , it's Mass.Jackson vs Mentor in district finials although Mentor is not as strong as they have been,look for Mentor upset Green district seni's

Last edited:
Haven't seen any predictions from the Dover fans here, how y'all feeling coming into the tournament?

Haven't seen any predictions from the Dover fans here, how y'all feeling coming into the tournament?
I personally agree with the comments that predict Mentor vs Jackson in the district final. Hoping Dover can get a few upsets, but I think it’ll be a close win vs Rhodes or Maple Heights, followed by a loss to Jackson.

Honestly, all depends on what Dover squad shows up.. If the team that showed up against new Phila every game, could win 2 games, but if the team that shows up against Perry, will get bounced in rd 1.

I haven’t seen Jackson play this year, but if we get by round 1 I’d say we’d be a small dog against them.

Dover is capable of winning a couple games in the tourney and capable of losing round 1 just as easy!

We’ll know soon!!

Honestly, all depends on what Dover squad shows up.. If the team that showed up against new Phila every game, could win 2 games, but if the team that shows up against Perry, will get bounced in rd 1.
Agreed.....this Dover team has the talent to win 3 games in the tournament but it all depends on what team shows up. They will have to be at their best to beat Jackson and Green/Mentor but could also be one and done.

Agreed.....this Dover team has the talent to win 3 games in the tournament but it all depends on what team shows up. They will have to be at their best to beat Jackson and Green/Mentor but could also be one and done.
Hopefully next season's 7 divisions will make a difference for Dover come tournament time

Hopefully next season's 7 divisions will make a difference for Dover come tournament time
Exactly. It will. The Dover’s and maybe zanesville will benefit of Not being D-1 This year Dover might win a couple games but their Not beating Jackson.

Looks like in Dover's district bracket , it's Mass.Jackson vs Mentor in district finials although Mentor is not as strong as they have been,look for Mentor upset Green district seni's
Yeh at this point with Green having two starters that got them the seed they have gone I'd think it'd be a very minor upset at best. Full squad for Green and I'd like them over Mentor.

I heard on the radio a new factory is coming to Dover bringing in roughly 500 new jobs by the end of 2025. Sounds like Dover is growing still.

Exactly. It will. The Dover’s and maybe zanesville will benefit of Not being D-1 This year Dover might win a couple games but their Not beating Jackson.
While it will definitely be a much more even field, Louisville would drop with them, and I expect them to be strongly favored in the district next year.

The past 3 games have been slow starts with too many turnovers they have to get re focused. Without knowing much about Maple Heights I expect they will come out with a press that Dover will have to prove they can handle.

In tournament basketball, I don’t look at seeding at all.. Its March for a reason lol
I can understand what you are saying but disagree that everyone looks at the seed in tournament games. BUT, dealing with this new RPI, in theory, a #41 should not take a #7 into double OT.

I can understand what you are saying but disagree that everyone looks at the seed in tournament games. BUT, dealing with this new RPI, in theory, a #41 should not take a #7 into double OT.
I agree with you, as a Dover fan, I definitely don’t think were a 7 seed at all. If we play the way we started yesterday all the time we could be very unbeatable, but the way we finished, we will lose to Jackson by 20

I think the problem with the current RPI is it doesn’t take into account margin of win. Teams like Maple Heights and US are better than their record due to their tough schedule. Sure their opponent win % is factored into the algorithm, but again, losing by 2 weighs as much as losing by 20. I think Maxpreps takes margin into account with their rankings, and has Dover at number 13 behind Ignatius, Louisville, Garfield Hts, St. Ed’s, Brunswick, Green, GlenOak, Jackson, Brecksville, Hoban, McKinley, and Mentor- which feels more accurate.

I think the problem with the current RPI is it doesn’t take into account margin of win. Teams like Maple Heights and US are better than their record due to their tough schedule. Sure their opponent win % is factored into the algorithm, but again, losing by 2 weighs as much as losing by 20. I think Maxpreps takes margin into account with their rankings, and has Dover at number 13 behind Ignatius, Louisville, Garfield Hts, St. Ed’s, Brunswick, Green, GlenOak, Jackson, Brecksville, Hoban, McKinley, and Mentor- which feels more accurate.
I doubt they will consider a measure for a win margin because that would cause teams to runs scores up. I would rather see benches clear than keeping starters on floor to run up scores.

2 things,I think Maple was underrated they were solid out front. I also think the 11 day lay-off hurt Dover.
Jackson is the real deal, from what I can see they had 1 puzzling game,Tallmadge otherwise they killed some good teams.

I’m honestly surprised they chose Euclid with Green over Alliance with Louisville (although Louisville does look pretty scary right now), as it’s much closer, and at the time seemed like a similar placing teams-wise. Still, GlenOak (9 seed) chose Alliance, so Jackson likely would have gone somewhere else, instead of being the 4th team to pick that district (after Louisville, Dover, and GlenOak), but I’m still surprised Dover chose Euclid over Alliance.

I’m honestly surprised they chose Euclid with Green over Alliance with Louisville (although Louisville does look pretty scary right now), as it’s much closer, and at the time seemed like a similar placing teams-wise. Still, GlenOak (9 seed) chose Alliance, so Jackson likely would have gone somewhere else, instead of being the 4th team to pick that district (after Louisville, Dover, and GlenOak), but I’m still surprised Dover chose Euclid over Alliance.
Location doesn't really matter here, Louisville would be heavy favorites over Dover and Jackson. I see why McKinley chose to go there, as they played Louisville pretty tough on the road earlier this season.