Does Brady Return?

Does Brady Return?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

LCL

So lets go ahead and make the debate. Does he come back to play somewhere else, or does he hang 'em up? Definitely could tell his accuracy was off this year, along with his personal life. But I can't imagine he wants to retire losing to the Cowboys and Dak Prescott.

You can take issue with a new Head Coach to blame, a bad defense, and a beat up offensive line as reasons that he was not successful. Honestly, Todd Bowles was terrible with the Jets before Tampa. But you can point to Brady's inconsistencies as a player also.

if he does indeed decide to return, who would even take a chance on him?

49ers? Its where he grew up, they have a solid team. However, it seems that they are set on Lance and Garrapolo, although Purdy looks good.

Miami? Rumored there before Tampa.

Tennessee? Minnesota? Replace old with older.

Return to New England where he will be forever adored and remembered?

It just seems like this wasn't the ending it should have been. I think he should've hung up after winning his last Super Bowl. The guy is so addicted to his work that nothing else matters.

I think there's no doubt he'll be back. This Buccaneer team struggled all year long with injuries and personnal. I think you'll see him go to a team built to win and just needing a QB.

1673975942246.png

So lets go ahead and make the debate. Does he come back to play somewhere else, or does he hang 'em up? Definitely could tell his accuracy was off this year, along with his personal life. But I can't imagine he wants to retire losing to the Cowboys and Dak Prescott.

You can take issue with a new Head Coach to blame, a bad defense, and a beat up offensive line as reasons that he was not successful.

Not successful? Statistically he was a top 5 QB this year.

His team had a rough year with aging expensive stars and injuries.
Honestly, Todd Bowles was terrible with the Jets before Tampa. But you can point to Brady's inconsistencies as a player also.

if he does indeed decide to return, who would even take a chance on him?

49ers? Its where he grew up, they have a solid team. However, it seems that they are set on Lance and Garrapolo, although Purdy looks good.

Miami? Rumored there before Tampa.

Tennessee? Minnesota? Replace old with older.

Return to New England where he will be forever adored and remembered?

It just seems like this wasn't the ending it should have been. I think he should've hung up after winning his last Super Bowl. The guy is so addicted to his work that nothing else matters.
Brady would make Tennessee, NYJ, LV, NE, CAR, DEN, ATL and INDY all contenders. He will get his choice of situations to go to.

Brady would make Tennessee, NYJ, LV, NE, CAR, DEN, ATL and INDY all contenders. He will get his choice of situations to go to.
Brady is not in rebuild mode; he went to TB because all they were lacking was a quality QB. Brady is only going to go to a team that has everything in place to win. Very few teams meet those qualifications except 49ers or maybe ravens. Otherwise it will be working in the garden and playing golf.

I think there's no doubt he'll be back. This Buccaneer team struggled all year long with injuries and personnal. I think you'll see him go to a team built to win and just needing a QB.
who knows what is going on in his personnal life right now....i mean he has a HUGE contract offer from Fox to jump in the booth....more then he possibly can get then playing football.... and he did lose a bunch of money this year becasue of a divorce and also some BAD investments deals....

Brady is not in rebuild mode; he went to TB because all they were lacking was a quality QB. Brady is only going to go to a team that has everything in place to win. Very few teams meet those qualifications except 49ers or maybe ravens. Otherwise it will be working in the garden and playing golf.
200-300 million to go in the broadcasting booth.... is on the table

Statistically, yes, but he was definitely a little off this year. I commend him for one of the few QBs that played every week. There were 68 different starting QBs this year. Hes definitely in shape enough.

who knows what is going on in his personnal life right now....i mean he has a HUGE contract offer from Fox to jump in the booth....more then he possibly can get then playing football.... and he did lose a bunch of money this year becasue of a divorce and also some BAD investments deals....
His net worth even after the divorce is 250 mill.: https: https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nfl/tom-brady-net-worth/

Reportedly he and his wife lost up to maybe 70 mill in FTX deal gone awry, but he still has plenty of coin. However the Fox deal would be hard to turn down.

Interesting list.

Titans - Not sure it's a good fit with Vrabel as HC and his wanting a run-heavy offense. Also, how awkward would it be to play for a guy who used to be your teammate? However, I would be intrigued to how Brady would perform with an above average running game behind him. Patriots' running game was never that consistently strong during his time there except during the Corey Dillon years. LaGarrette Blount had his moments, too. Additionally, would probably similar to this year where they only have to get past Jacksonville to win the division and make the playoffs. Titans were 6-2 at one point this season and the #1 seed in the AFC. Have Titans hired a new GM yet?

Jets - AFC East would be brutal. Not sure he makes the Jets better than the Bills. The Dolphins have a good roster if they can figure out their QB situation. Facing Belichick 2x a season... I'm guessing the Jets would be interested though. NY sports has long been about winning the "back page" coverage. Acquiring Brady would help the Jets accomplish that goal vs. the Giants who are the more beloved team in the NY metro area and who suddenly look formidable if Barkley stays healthy and Jones proves his QB play this season is more than a flash in the pan.

Raiders - Would be reunited with McDaniels and have a superstar to throw to plus a good RB. However, the Chiefs are unlikely to relinquish control of the division unless Mahomes is injured. The Chargers still have enough talent to be better than the Raiders, too.

Patriots - I can't see Belichick wanting him back.

Panthers - Might have to wait and see who they hire as their new HC. Bad division makes for a better chance of getting back to the playoffs as we saw this year in Tampa Bay.

Broncos - How do they get out from under Russell Wilson?

Falcons - Same thoughts as the Panthers minus needing a new HC. Current HC is an offensive-minded guy.

Colts - IMHO, the worst team on the list. However, Jim Irsay's crazy enough to go along with the idea of bringing in Tom Brady. Who will the Colts hire as HC? Would have liked the fit even more if Frank Reich was still the HC.

he will return next season but not to the Bucs. no clue what team it will be but he's coming back somewhere.

I think he'll go one more season. He'll probably chalk up this year's failure to his personal issues. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in Miami or Vegas.

I think he'll go one more season. He'll probably chalk up this year's failure to his personal issues. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up in Miami or Vegas.
The Raiders job could be intriguing. If he goes to Miami what happens to Tua?

The repeat concussion issue is a bad look for the league, franchise, and bottom line, Tua’s long term health outlook. Wouldn’t surprise me if the Dolphins try to wash their hands of it and trade him.

You know Brady would love to have Hill, Waddle, Gesicki, etc. to toss it around to.

As for LVR, who knows what Brady and McDaniels’ relationship is from the NE years but Tom was obviously highly productive when Josh was OC.

Last edited:
Tua is in the 4th year of his rookie deal and will be a $9.6 mil cap hit for 2023. What team would trade for him and what would the Dolphins get in return? The Dolphins will most likely not exercise the 5th year option in Tua which would be over $20 mil for 2024.

My guess, Miami will look to try & upgrade at qb (Brady, Lamar Jackson is from Miami area) but I think it would make sense to just keep Tua for 2023, he would be a very good backup. Remember, over 60 qb’s started a NFL game in 2022.

Tough to say. Trade values seem like a giant crapshoot and varies wildly team to team.

How desperate would a team like Detroit be to try and upgrade Goff?

Or would the Vikings think about moving on from Cousins?

Is Green Bay committed to Rodgers or even Jordan Love?

Carolina’s QB situation is still in the dumps.

Washington can’t be happy with Wentz and they don’t seem to really believe in Heineke long term.

The Colts seem to be game to continue their QB carousel.

How committed is Atlanta to Ridder or Mariota?

And of course Raiders seem to always be down for a bad trade.

Tough to say. Trade values seem like a giant crapshoot and varies wildly team to team.

How desperate would a team like Detroit be to try and upgrade Goff?

Or would the Vikings think about moving on from Cousins?

Is Green Bay committed to Rodgers or even Jordan Love?

Carolina’s QB situation is still in the dumps.

Washington can’t be happy with Wentz and they don’t seem to really believe in Heineke long term.

The Colts seem to be game to continue their QB carousel.

How committed is Atlanta to Ridder or Mariota?

And of course Raiders seem to always be down for a bad trade.

Just like the Browns found out regarding the trade value of Baker, the Dolphins will have little to no takers for a 1 year rental Tua who simply can not stay healthy and is at best a average qb. Miami does not have a 1st rd pick this year so they may have little choice but to run it back with Tua.

While the Rams got Matt Stafford for Jared Goff, 2 firsts, and third. There’s no telling what will happen with the trade market.

There was a report out of Miami the other day that the Dolphins are not interested in Brady. Could be a smoke screen, but perhaps they are confident that Tua will return and will focus on protecting him.

We'll see if any place looks like a fit after the coaching carousel settles down. There seems to be as much attention being paid to the changes at the coordinator positions as there is to the changes at the head coaching positions around the league.