Do Politics Belong In Sports

Why ruin sports with BS politics. Sports is a pure, competitive endeavor that brings people joy. Politics is a steaming pile of dog filled with power hungry mongrels that will do anything for money. Kinda like prostitutes.

Why ruin sports with BS politics. Sports is a pure, competitive endeavor that brings people joy. Politics is a steaming pile of dog filled with power hungry mongrels that will do anything for money. Kinda like prostitutes.
Leftists brought politics into sports.

?? there is enough blame to go around. It’s not one sided.People that have your mindset is one of the major issues. Seeing through a narrow lens
Please enlighten me on the other side. Keith Ohlberman began it at ESPN. It continually festered at ESPN until what it is today.

Please enlighten me on the other side. Keith Ohlberman began it at ESPN. It continually festered at ESPN until what it is today.
Crickets from Warrior. If he can't answer can any leftists on yappi provide a specific example of a conservative that brought politics into sports. I can go down the list of liberals who have interjected politics into sports. Jemele Hill, Steven A. Smith, Lebron James, Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, a bunch others at ESPN which enabled professional athletes to bring it into the stadiums.

Crickets from Warrior. If he can't answer can any leftists on yappi provide a specific example of a conservative that brought politics into sports. I can go down the list of liberals who have interjected politics into sports. Jemele Hill, Steven A. Smith, Lebron James, Troy Aikman, Joe Buck, a bunch others at ESPN which enabled professional athletes to bring it into the stadiums.
Yea it is completely disingenuous to say conservatives introduced politics into sports.
It only started to get really bad after Russia hacked the 2016 election.
I still cant believe we let the Russians do that to us. Oh well. Go Browns! LMFAO.

I would never let a sports or entertainment figure influence my political or personal beliefs. I could never understand why someone would buy a pair of sneakers because some sports figure endorses them. I am not into man crushes?‍♂️

Clay Travis is holding for you on line 1. Oh, and Jason Whitlock, Will Cain, and Matt Walsh to name a few more. It happens on both sides. Hope this helps.

Clay Travis is holding for you on line 1. Oh, and Jason Whitlock, Will Cain, and Matt Walsh to name a few more. It happens on both sides. Hope this helps.
I don't recall Clay Travis mixing politics and sports prior to the kneeling nonsense. Never knew he had a political leaning for most of the last decade or so.

I do recall him being a troll who antagonized the biggest and most successful college programs for clicks, including and especially Ohio State. Not a fan, even if his politics do generally align with mine.

I never knew Whitlock's politics when he was at ESPN or shortly after.

I think we need to acknowledge that there is an egg or a chicken, depending on which you deem came first, and it came from the Left. However, there are many on the Left who feel that playing the anthem and raising the flag at games is a "conservative" insertion of politics - which tells you all you need to know about the Left.

They’re a response to politics in sports, not the creators of it.

They’re a response to politics in sports, not the creators of it.
So the same Clay Travis who regularly bitches that sports have become too political? Same dude who sat down with Herschel Walker on the Big Noon Kickoff and touched on his GOP Senate bid. ? But I'm sure he'll go back to whining and pretend that this never happened.

We use sports to escape from the real world .

Honestly, in 2020 when MLB started back up I tuned in that first night. Saw that abortion of a woke statement with some black rope/banner and the players holding up. Stand up, kneel, they looked like they didnt know, or care, WTF they were doing, and then injecting the misspelling of MLB on the mounds turned me off.

Big time.

Watched little last year, and even less this year.

NFL found a way to do something, although some players said it 'wasnt enough', that was not so much in your face so it was palatable.

NBA went full woke and the ratings last year tanked.

Just like I dont want bands./singers to preach politics at their concerts, or awards show, I dont care to see or hear it on the playing fields.

Off the field....go at it. Be the biggest activist you can be...but not on it.

So the same Clay Travis who regularly bitches that sports have become too political? Same dude who sat down with Herschel Walker on the Big Noon Kickoff and touched on his GOP Senate bid. ? But I'm sure he'll go back to whining and pretend that this never happened.
Again, that’s a response back to what ESPN has become.

Again, that’s a response back to what ESPN has become.
Either way, it's answering the poster's original question in context to the topic. And it's hypocritical for Clay, if he indeed feels the way he constantly intimates.

Either way, it's answering the poster's original question in context to the topic. And it's hypocritical for Clay, if he indeed feels the way he constantly intimates.
It’s not hypocritical when you’re the one pushing back against what was started.

It’s not hypocritical when you’re the one pushing back against what was started.
Lol @ pushing back. He's built his whole career around being a hot take artist. And good for him. He's parlayed that into a number of different media opportunities. But most people outside the sphere of sports know him as being the dude who said "boobs" on CNN. Either way, it's a bad look to whine about politics in sports and then pander to Senate candidates on a CFB pregame show.

Zero, Zip and Nadda. It used to be sacred ground. OSU stadium is filled with fans. No one cares about political affiliation at the shoe. Get the political narratives out of sports.

Do you want politics in sports? Yes or No. Just say yes and stop hiding
No, I don't. But the current iteration doesn't bother me, as I've already stated. I assume you have no problem with the National Anthem before the game then? Or the military flyovers at the Shoe?

No, I don't. But the current iteration doesn't bother me, as I've already stated. I assume you have no problem with the National Anthem before the game then? Or the military flyovers at the Shoe?
I would say most would not consider that political but if you want to go there, well, I dont know what to you tell you.

The Anthem and the flyovers have always been positives but hey, if you are against it then you be you