• Marion Local by 8-16

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Dalton

Votes: 32 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering how many Dalton homecoming kids we saw at Table 6 when we were just at Benson, I’d assume the bus won’t leave until 8-8:30 on Saturday. …just need to find a good brunch spot or Keg & Eggs.

What was the best non Mac team yall faced this year? I assume Ansonia or Wapa?
All history aside, this question made me wonder about each team's journey to Canton. Using Dr Drew's rankings:
ML - 15 wins, avg opponent rank #204
Dalton - 13 wins, avg opponent rank #378

Dalton's best win (Norwayne #133) would be the 5th best win on ML's schedule.

This is ML's 17th trip to the state finals how many Flyer fans on Yappi have been to all previous16.
Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

How to beat the Steiners... it's very tough, they are so well coached and don't make mistakes and take advantage of teams mistakes.. Minster gave them a game in week three of the playoffs. The cats were down 14 -7 with 9 minutes left in the game and had the ball inside the Steiners 30 yard... and this is where the Stieners did the Steiner thing, stopped Minster and then drove 16 plays to go up 21-7... thats what they do extremely well. We moved the ball down the field again with 50 seconds left and threw a interception that got returned 75 yards for the final score of 28-7. Stats were basically the same they had 153 yards rushing, the Cats had 65, Minster had 142 yards passing they had 75.Both had the ball about 24 minutes, The cats did stop their best receiver Hoelscher for one catch for 2 yards. For Dalton they need to Stop their QB Knouf from running and passing , he is a VERY good player, that makes their offense go. On Offense they will need to be able to pass the ball and run the ball and DO NOT turn the ball over to the flyers... the Flyers offense turns it up a notch after they get a turnover.... don't know Dalton at all, but they gave Kirtland a game this year...so have to respect a team that was able to do that....

Last edited:
Completely agree with this. This has all the makings of a low scoring slobber-knocker like last year's MSML-Kirtland game. And that's why it will probably be a shootout! 🤣
Yep. Several years back I decided to for the most part quit "guessing" at outcomes once things get outside of the region I am most familiar.

I had a game totally blow up on me and after watching the tape I concluded short of injury, that game would end the same 10/10 times. My best source once we reach this level is a site like Drew's , and I believe he (or more accurately said his computer) has Marion as a 91% chance of getting the W.

Reactions: RBS
Watched the ML vs Wapakoneta game tonight. Having seen several Dalton games tonight I thought “Whoa, Daltons going to pound these guys” then realized I was watching them play a Fantastic 50 top 10 D3 team. (For Dalton fans the equivalent is Ashland/Mansfield Sr/Medina Buckeye.)

Will ask Bulldog fans what was the best passing attack they faced this year? Norwayne, right?

Watched the ML vs Wapakoneta game tonight. Having seen several Dalton games tonight I thought “Whoa, Daltons going to pound these guys” then realized I was watching them play a Fantastic 50 top 10 D3 team. (For Dalton fans the equivalent is Ashland/Mansfield Sr/Medina Buckeye.)

Will ask Bulldog fans what was the best passing attack they faced this year? Norwayne, right?
Lucas.

Ignore the Wapak game. May I refer you to the Cedarville game in which Marion running backs were breaking tackles like Earl Campbell. May I also refer you to the MSML 35+ option in this poll. That's where I take refuge rather than the inevitable shellacking coming our way.

Through the years I've developed a strong level of trust in the Marion D to bring most high powered offenses back down to earth. So the Dalton D vs Marion O is likely going to determine whether the Flyers pull away by two or three scores or whether it will be a low scoring nailbiter.

Last edited:
Thtough the years I've developed a strong level of trust in the Marion D to bring most high powered offenses back down to earth. So the Dalton D vs Marion O is likely going to determine whether the Flyers pull away by two or three scores or whether it will be a low scoring nailbiter.
Pretty much my take as well. I also think good weather leans strongly in the flyers advantage. In a cold, windy, wet mess I would hesitate to pick the winner. On a nice fall day, Marion has too many weapons, especially against a team that has so many two way players. I still envision a close first half regardless.

How to beat the Steiners... it's very tough, they are so well coached and don't make mistakes and take advantage of teams mistakes.. Minster gave them a game in week three of the playoffs. The cats were down 14 -7 with 9 minutes left in the game and had the ball inside the Steiners 30 yard... and this is where the Stieners did the Steiner thing, stopped Minster and then drove 16 plays to go up 21-7... thats what they do extremely well. We moved the ball down the field again with 50 seconds left and threw a interception that got returned 75 yards for the final score of 28-7. Stats were basically the same they had 153 yards rushing, the Cats had 65, Minster had 142 yards passing they had 75.Both had the ball about 24 minutes, The cats did stop their best receiver Hoelscher for one catch for 2 yards. For Dalton they need to Stop their QB Knouf from running and passing , he is a VERY good player, that makes their offense go. On Offense they will need to be able to pass the ball and run the ball and DO NOT turn the ball over to the flyers... the Flyers offense turns it up a notch after they get a turnover.... don't know Dalton at all, but they gave Kirtland a game this year...so have to respect a team that was able to do that....
So..to bear Marion ya need to be a MAC or Kirkland...a MAC like team.

Si
Flyers 49
Dalton 7

MSML CB should've made them D6. Minster or Ansonia vs Dalton would've been a great D7 game
Explain your CB comment or are you just bloviating about something you have zero clue about?

Flyers 49
Dalton 7

MSML CB should've made them D6. Minster or Ansonia vs Dalton would've been a great D7 game
Marion Local's CB no. is 1. Dalton fans have nothing to worry about, this Flyer team is made up of small, slow footed, skinny, hillbillies, those big city fast kids from Dalton should name the score, just hope the Bulldogs show mercy.

That game seemed like it was played last summer... oh wait it was.

So..to bear Marion ya need to be a MAC or Kirkland...a MAC like team.

Si

Explain your CB comment or are you just bloviating about something you have zero clue about?
something like that. Curious why ML continues to drop back to D7. This game will be 56-7 ML

CB is a really great tool then. Do you think ML should be in D7 this year?
Their enrollment says that they are D7. Their CB says that they are D7. Then I think they should be D 7.

Do I LIKE that they are D7? Especially when they could probably win 5 and 6 this year as well? Absolutely not.