Division IV State Championship: Clarksville Clinton-Massie (13-1) vs. Youngstown Ursuline (11-3)

Who wins the Division IV State Championship?

• Clarksville Clinton-Massie by 17+

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Clarksville Clinton-Massie by 8-16

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Clarksville Clinton-Massie by 1-7

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Youngstown Ursuline by 1-7

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Youngstown Ursuline by 8-16

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Youngstown Ursuline by 17+

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, uh, Ursuline is “good”.

After that first drive (it was BEAUTIFUL) not sure Ursuline is going to be surprised or out-physicaled.

Massie is so fun to watch, but unles we have a Mogadore-sequel comeback this one doesn’t look to be in doubt.
Famous last words... Called up the ghosts.

Great game. Massie made a liar out of me. When they were down 28-7 with no passing attack I would have bet my last dollar the game was over. Fun game to watch. I thought #34 for Massie strapped the team on his back and willed them to win. I thing on the last TD and two point conversion, Ursuline was so concerned with him that everything else opened up. Great play calling. Congrats to both teams. I didn't see any losers on the field.

Bad coaching.
Bad predicting-- by someone who didn't understand the teams nor the game's momentum. Massie relies on wearing the other team out, with 100% running plays, keeping the ball for long drives that last more than half a quarter-- that's EXACTLY what happened in the second half-- the Ursuline fans get/got it-- too bad you don't.

Great game. Massie made a liar out of me. When they were down 28-7 with no passing attack I would have bet my last dollar the game was over. Fun game to watch. I thought #34 for Massie strapped the team on his back and willed them to win. I thing on the last TD and two point conversion, Ursuline was so concerned with him that everything else opened up. Great play calling. Congrats to both teams. I didn't see any losers on the field.
He absolutely did. He was a man among boys yesterday and he willed that team to the comeback and win. Even after you could tell he was hurt. I think it may have been an ankle or knee. Unbelievable comeback and lesson about NEVER giving up. Great game from both teams.

You could not have scripted it better for this Senior Class of Massie Football players.

To see them win it in the manner they won it and to win it on a bootleg play that was basically kept in the OC’s back pocket all year…..and then to Win the game on an option play…..It will never be forgotten.

Zantene, Trampler, Van Hoose, Keck, Euton, Rolf, Frank, Vance, Conley, Ireland, Mobley, Moorman, Wildermuth, Maple, Russell, Green, Smith, Avey, Hale, Pinkerton, Powell, Hayes, Schulz, & Robinette.

Clarksville, Corn-Fed, Country-Boy, Badass Football. Massie Wishbone Football.

When you are good, you will tell everyone.
When you are great, everyone will tell you.

On behalf of all the guys that wore that Red, White, & Blue Jersey before you……Gentlemen……Seniors…..You are GREAT.

Your names will forever be etched in the hearts and minds of the Massie Community as one of the greatest to EVER put on that Jersey!!!

I believe the CM seniors played an extremely difficult schedule as freshmen (perhaps it was as 8th graders), playing the likes of Cincinnati Moeller, Upper Arlington, Hartley or DeSales (perhaps both). Do any of the CM fans have their Seniors freshman schedule and the scores?

I remember a Massie freshman group beat Moeller a few years back, we discussed it here on Yappi. It had to be this group.

When these seniors were freshman this was their schedule and scores.

Moeller 21-14 win
Reading JV 49-0 win
Upper Arlington 50-30 win
DeSales 56-0 win
Hartley 35-18 win
Franklin 49-0 win
They played two other games that they won. Not sure who they were. I know it was not an SBAAC team

So the CM senior class as freshmen payed and beat:
* Moeller 21-14 win - D1 Moeller 11-4, D1 State Semifinalist
* Reading JV 49-0 win - na
* Upper Arlington 50-30 win - D1 UA 14-1, D1 State Semifinalist
* DeSales 56-0 win - DIII DeSales 7-5, lost to CM 17-7 in week 5 this year
* Hartley 35-18 win - DIII Hartley 9-3, the Hawks lost to Youngstown Ursuline 62-58 week 1 this year
* Franklin 49-0 - DIII Franklin 3-6, lost to CM 44-0 week 3 this year

Yes, I know the scores of games from Jr high and Freshmen games don’t mean anything, kids move/transfer, some kids grow & develop/some don’t, the goal should be to develop players so they are prepared to play when it counts on Friday nights….but, if they are going to keep score you might as well try & win the game!

This CM class had to try & live up to everyone talking about how good they were, how they might win multiple state titles. Sometimes things just don’t go your way. This class:
*2020 Jr. season - 9-1, lost to Wyoming (9-1) 28-9 in Regional Final
*2019 So season - 9-2, lost to Valley View (10-3) 42-28 in the first round and to DII Avon Lake (11-2) 24-23 week 2.

Yea, small schools have no shot at even playing with the big boys.

So the CM senior class as freshmen payed and beat:
* Moeller 21-14 win - D1 Moeller 11-4, D1 State Semifinalist
* Reading JV 49-0 win - na
* Upper Arlington 50-30 win - D1 UA 14-1, D1 State Semifinalist
* DeSales 56-0 win - DIII DeSales 7-5, lost to CM 17-7 in week 5 this year
* Hartley 35-18 win - DIII Hartley 9-3, the Hawks lost to Youngstown Ursuline 62-58 week 1 this year
* Franklin 49-0 - DIII Franklin 3-6, lost to CM 44-0 week 3 this year

Yes, I know the scores of games from Jr high and Freshmen games don’t mean anything, kids move/transfer, some kids grow & develop/some don’t, the goal should be to develop players so they are prepared to play when it counts on Friday nights….but, if they are going to keep score you might as well try & win the game!

This CM class had to try & live up to everyone talking about how good they were, how they might win multiple state titles. Sometimes things just don’t go your way. This class:
*2020 Jr. season - 9-1, lost to Wyoming (9-1) 28-9 in Regional Final
*2019 So season - 9-2, lost to Valley View (10-3) 42-28 in the first round and to DII Avon Lake (11-2) 24-23 week 2.

Yea, small schools have no shot at even playing with the big boys.
I don’t want to rain on anyones parade and maybe this is not true in this situation. But when my son played the big boys as a freshmen at his Gcl-Coed school we played Elder and Moe. We had 23 players they had 60+ beat Elder, lost to Moe but if I remember correctly they played their A team for one drive and B, C teams for the rest of the game. CM has a strong Senior class and maybe they beat Moellers best but that wasn’t our experience.

Schmitt - You are absolutely correct, I do not know if it was Moeller’s A or B Freshman team. Regardless, I’m sure the CM players will always tell the story only as “yea, we beat Moeller as freshmen!”

I do know UA only had 1 freshman team so CM at least beat one D1 State Semifinalist. Throw in Hartley & DeSales - that’s an impressive season.

Schmitt - You are absolutely correct, I do not know if it was Moeller’s A or B Freshman team. Regardless, I’m sure the CM players will always tell the story only as “yea, we beat Moeller as freshmen!”

I do know UA only had 1 freshman team so CM at least beat one D1 State Semifinalist. Throw in Hartley & DeSales - that’s an impressive season.
Fair enough. Do any other teams in Massies conference have Freshmen teams?

No. They only field JV teams and some don’t even do that. Massie’s JV has to play teams like LaSalle this year who they beat. Massie’s JV went 8-1 this year.

when Massie’s seniors played Moeller as freshman they had 75+ players on the field warming up. It was the first game of the year. I think they had intentions of playing their entire roster but I don’t think they made it to that point.

No. They only field JV teams and some don’t even do that. Massie’s JV has to play teams like LaSalle this year who they beat. Massie’s JV went 8-1 this year.

when Massie’s seniors played Moeller as freshman they had 75+ players on the field warming up. It was the first game of the year. I think they had intentions of playing their entire roster but I don’t think they made it to that point.
McSorley needs to give McNick a call and get a Freshmen game next year. It’s not close but closer than Lasalle.?

28-7, or 28-14 was the score when I turned this game on. I definitely feel I was cheated because I immediately turned the channel.. Two or three hours later my Patna(Die hard Wayne fan) calls and tells me the come back was everything!!! I have watched the highlights, but I really would’ve loved to see that live... Great game fellas, and Congratulations!!!!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY