Division IV 2023

You said they belong above schools they’ve actively ran away from. Bet my account they don’t renew with Canfield (who they scheduled their reach game week 1 before the wheat is separated from the chaff) Nobody is worried about West Branch, except 0-9 Minerva, 1-9 Marlington, and 2-8 Howland. They still fishing for Harbins like it’s 1999.

You said they belong above schools they’ve actively ran away from. Bet my account they don’t renew with Canfield (who they scheduled their reach game week 1 before the wheat is separated from the chaff) Nobody is worried about West Branch, except 0-9 Minerva, 1-9 Marlington, and 2-8 Howland. They still fishing for Harbins like it’s 1999.
I don’t think they renew the Canfield series either. It was based off the classes they have last year and this season I would imagine. I don’t think minerva has given a team a Harbin point in a few years lol

Van Wert has only made the playoffs 6 times in school history. Eat what’s on your plate.
1690647672880.gif

Awesome! If they have another run they may be able to catch up to WH in playoff wins! You were the one crying there chief, don’t get mad when you throw bricks in your glass house because you weren’t included in a meaningless preseason poll.

Awesome! If they have another run they may be able to catch up to WH in playoff wins! You were the one crying there chief, don’t get mad when you throw bricks in your glass house because you weren’t included in a meaningless preseason poll.
Rather have state championships I’d think but you guys do you. You probably love your 7 on 7 victories too in the summer.

Oh and by the way according to the OHSAA state football database (counting this past year) Van Wert is overall 16–6 and West Holmes is 15-9 in playoff victories. So Van Wert has more wins now and less losses it looks like. You must be bad at reading numbers and doing math too. See for yourself: https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/files/Sports/Football/history/FootballParticipants.pdf

I don’t disagree with the top 5 l, but 6-10 no shot those teams are that good
Woodridge has as much skill as anyone in Div IV region 13, and that includes Buchtel. Two tremendous backs, a returning Sr. QB who threw for over 2,000 yards, and 3 to 4 really good receivers/DB's (2 who are legit all state candidates). The key for them is that they will be really young up front. Can they replace some people on the O Line, D Line and Inside LB?

I
Woodridge has as much skill as anyone in Div IV region 13, and that includes Buchtel. Two tremendous backs, a returning Sr. QB who threw for over 2,000 yards, and 3 to 4 really good receivers/DB's (2 who are legit all state candidates). The key for them is that they will be really young up front. Can they replace some people on the O Line, D Line and Inside LB?
I only seen them against west branch last year and that was an absolute mismatch in skill to me coulda just been a bad game tho for woodridge. You would know more than me about them. Seems to be a very competitive region this year

The week 2 matchup against West Branch will tell us a lot. I know West Branch handled them easily last year. Was that same skill talent there last year, for Woodridge?

No clue if they can coach x’s and o’s but Elyria Catholic’s new NFL coaching staff is really winning over the locals. They are the offseason social media darlings out here in Lorain County. They have set such high expectations despite returning only a few starters from last year. Will be interesting to see what happens when they face adversity specifically week 2 vs Perkins.

Rather have state championships. I think but you guys do you. You probably love your 7 on 7 victories too in the summer.
You don’t have state championshipS.

And we didn’t even discover the forward pass til like 5 years ago and had I believe the highest scoring offense in the state last year. In 2025 we’re planning to install a reverse and everybody but Glenville will be in trouble then!

They might have a more competitive schedule if they renewed the contract after a 3-7 West Holmes smoked them. Or didn't Brutus up with the other NBC ankle biters to vote Louisville out of the conference, then that wasn't soft enough so they started the EBC. WB all hat no cattle.
Wow....some serious jealousy toward West Branch coming out.

No clue if they can coach x’s and o’s but Elyria Catholic’s new NFL coaching staff is really winning over the locals. They are the offseason social media darlings out here in Lorain County. They have set such high expectations despite returning only a few starters from last year. Will be interesting to see what happens when they face adversity specifically week 2 vs Perkins.
They would be better off if they still had Coach Fox, imo. Nothing against Farris and Co. I just have a high opinion of Coach Fox and think he will elevate Elyria football.

Ignoring the fact that you ducked a 3-7 team then pointing to how good you were over a quarter of a century ago isn’t exactly the flex you think it is.
1690671242258.gif

West Branch pretenders.

That was a good game last year in the playoffs nice crowd at Woodridge last year.

The week 2 matchup against West Branch will tell us a lot. I know West Branch handled them easily last year. Was that same skill talent there last year, for Woodridge?
Most of the same skill that won 6 out of the last 7 games are back. Playoff game v. Buchtel went down to the last series of the fourth quarter (playing without their starting QB. It is a great region and division. You'll find out a lot about Woodridge after non conference schedule. Improved Revere team, WB, and a CVCA team that has most of its skill back.

Preseason

1-Glenville
2-West Holmes
3-Van Wert
4-Wyoming
5-Steubenville
6-Holy Name
7-St Mary's Memorial
8-Perkins
9-Elyria Catholic
10-West Branch
11-Taft
12-Bellevue
13-Bishop Hartley
14-Cardinal Mooney
15-Clinton-Massie
16-Struthers
17-Indian Valley
18-Lake Catholic
18-Archbishop Alter
20-Sheridan
20-Girard
22-Buchtel
23-Bishop Fenwick
23-Poland Seminary
25-St Clairsville

Just outside my top 25 are Archbishop McNicholas and Jefferson Area.
This looks like a really good ranking. I do know that Elyria Catholic lost a lot to graduation and they might not in that top 10.