Division III State Championship: Canfield (13-1) vs. Bloom-Carroll (14-1)

Who wins?

• Canfield by 17+

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Canfield by 8-16

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Canfield by 1-7

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 1-7

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 8-16

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Bloom-Carroll by 17+

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no, nationwide, over time it is one of 92 that get a full ride. there are only so many full rides, and the NCAA uses high school football as the training and recruitment pool. not my numbers: this analysis states that only .02 % of students get "full rides"

that is two one hundredths percent. .02 percent. two one hundredths of one percent. which is much less than one in 92 much less so I was wrong.

View attachment 36802
And D3 colleges dont provide athletic scholarships...sort of.

Ya he wasn’t recruited as a safety, he is 100% recruited as a QB. Both Ohio St & ND recruited him as a safety/OLB and he told them he wanted to play QB.
I could see him getting some time at Safety or OLB in D1 but QB may be a stretch. Good to see him get his shot though. Ive been to more then a few D3 college games over the last few years and it becomes glaringly obvious when a QB is average at best, even in D3.

no, nationwide, over time it is one of 92 that get a full ride. there are only so many full rides, and the NCAA uses high school football as the training and recruitment pool. not my numbers: this analysis states that only .02 % of students get "full rides"

that is two one hundredths percent. .02 percent. two one hundredths of one percent. which is much less than one in 92 much less so I was wrong.

View attachment 36802
Being a dad of one of the .02 percent I am well aware of the numbers and how the whole thing works. My point was that if someone is good enough they will get a scholarship.

I just voted for Canfield +17 😂the poll doesn’t close til tomorrow so it counts right?
in all seriousness congratulations to Canfield from this Louisville guy, we beat on you for a few years, you beat on us for a few years, that’s what makes teams better.

BC O-Line and run game not quite the bogeymen they were made out to be. Up year, down year in R9, doesn’t matter. Cards are Champs. Congratulations.

BC O-Line and run game not quite the bogeymen they were made out to be. Up year, down year in R9, doesn’t matter. Cards are Champs. Congratulations.
Bingo. I don't need road-grade maulers on the LOS. Give me kids circa 185-200lbs that have spent time in the weight room, can move their feet, and have a mean streak. As a coach I could work with that for days, lol

Congrats Cards

A lot of talk before this ab BC’s 11 being a highly recruited college LB. If that is the case, Canfields 27 and 11 should be in that same conversation. Both had equal if not better performances than BCs lb

A lot of talk before this ab BC’s 11 being a highly recruited college LB. If that is the case, Canfields 27 and 11 should be in that same conversation. Both had equal if not better performances than BCs lb
No one said he was “highly recruited.” His offers are from the MAC and Marshall. He’s a KSU commit. A pretty reasonable pairing of both parties in the recruitment. Him fitting the D1 box on measurables is half of the equation. Higher-profile schools would have been making a ‘reach’ on him out of high school.

Of the two kids you mention from the Canfield: the junior is a dawg. If his listed height/weight on MaxPreps (forget what the broadcast listed him as) is correct, he’d need to get some pounds on.

Canfields 11 already has offers from a few D1s and there will many more to come.

View attachment 36802
His son plays D1 college FB. He knows what he’s talking about

It means I know how the ENTIRE process works. Firsthand knowledge. You , on the other hand, are just spouting nonsense all over this thread.
you know how it worked for you, but not everybody else duh. the numbers don't lie.

the vast majority of high school player don't get anything to play college football or any sport, and only a tiny minority get "full rides"

and in fact non athletic dept students pay more tuition to offset losses in most D1 schools.

Only 7% of high school athletes play any varsity sport at any college, and only a tiny fraction of those get "full rides"

In other words, you don't know diddley squat.

1670081214426.png

Last edited:
you know how it worked for you, but not everybody else duh. the numbers don't lie.

the vast majority of high school player don't get anything to play college football or any sport, and only a tiny minority get "full rides"

and in fact non athletic dept students pay more tuition to offset losses in most D1 schools.

Only 7% of high school athletes play any varsity sport at any college, and only a tiny fraction of those get "full rides"

In other words, you don't know diddley squat.

View attachment 36833
Your original post on this subject was that there wasn't 1 player on either team that was a scholarship football player. I proved you wrong.

Then you stated that because there were players going to college from those teams that took away opportunities for other kids and that only "92" ohio players get scholarships. Ohio usually averages between 110-120 D1 scholarship players a year. I proved you wrong.

You use google and I use actual facts as it pertains to Ohio high school football players.

You have also made some very odd comments in this thread including calling it tadpole division, "demographics", which I'm pretty sure is a euphamisnm for the fact that both teams were predominantly white and that BC "got the same thing that Canfield did. You are pretty much just a moron and a troll. I am pretty sure you were on here last year at this time saying the same things under a different name.

Congrats to Canfield. You guys showed how good you were by beating the best teams and trouncing many good teams on your way to a the title. I hope my Falcons can represent the Valley in DII as well as you did in DIII. I do think you guys could have easily competed in DII and most of DI. Great job again.

No one said he was “highly recruited.” His offers are from the MAC and Marshall. He’s a KSU commit. A pretty reasonable pairing of both parties in the recruitment. Him fitting the D1 box on measurables is half of the equation. Higher-profile schools would have been making a ‘reach’ on him out of high school.

Of the two kids you mention from the Canfield: the junior is a dawg. If his listed height/weight on MaxPreps (forget what the broadcast listed him as) is correct, he’d need to get some pounds on.
The senior is also a dawg

Lowry proved why he’s the best player in the mahoning valley.
May be the toughest kid that Chardon has ever played against. Not the best player because of guys like Kareem Hunt, Tony Fisher, Lynn Bowden, and a number of other NFL guys whose names don't come to mind right now - but definitely one of, if not the, toughest. Kid carried the team on his back on both sides of the ball and, from what I can tell, did it with class. Take him off the field and Chardon three-peats. Congrats to Canfield. You earned it.

May be the toughest kid that Chardon has ever played against. Not the best player because of guys like Kareem Hunt, Tony Fisher, Lynn Bowden, and a number of other NFL guys whose names don't come to mind right now - but definitely one of, if not the, toughest. Kid carried the team on his back on both sides of the ball and, from what I can tell, did it with class. Take him off the field and Chardon three-peats. Congrats to Canfield. You earned it.
This either guys were absolutely special I was only talking about this season lol but yes he was Superman for the cards

Lowry didn’t even score against Chardon. Their defense was the difference. If Chardon scored what any of Canfield’s other playoff opponents scored (aside from New Philly who scored 10) they’d have won or forced overtime. Defense completely dominated that game.

Really all you need to post about Bloom Carroll
Dylan Chittum (6-4, 265), Jaden Ball (6-4, 280), Zane Gogolin (6-0, 330), Will Green (6-10, 305) and Grant Dolan (6-3, 250).
Really all you need to post about… when I saw your original comment I thought this guy has no idea what Canfield has on the line. But, unlike you, I didn’t want to put my foot in my mouth. You had no trouble talking TONS of trash throughout this thread though. That is until gameday. Turns out our line had that handled on both sides of the ball. How many rushing yards did BC have?

Lowry didn’t even score against Chardon. Their defense was the difference. If Chardon scored what any of Canfield’s other playoff opponents scored (aside from New Philly who scored 10) they’d have won or forced overtime. Defense completely dominated that game.
While I agree defense won them the game, isn't Lowry going to Indiana as a safety? I could be mistaken about position at Indiana but I know for sure he has d1 offers to play safety instead of qb. I think the post you replied to and the statement "Take him off the field and Chardon three-peats." is completely true. Him not scoring doesn't mean he wasn't the best player on the field.

While I agree defense won them the game, isn't Lowry going to Indiana as a safety? I could be mistaken about position at Indiana but I know for sure he has d1 offers to play safety instead of qb. I think the post you replied to and the statement "Take him off the field and Chardon three-peats." is completely true. Him not scoring doesn't mean he wasn't the best player on the field.
No. Lowry is going to Indiana as a QB. He had many offers otherwise, but wanted the QB offer.