Division II Team Race?

bcw

Anyone care to say how this plays out tomorrow? Graham has 4 in the Championship Finals with 2 in the Consoles? Buckeye has 4 and 1? I believe I counted that correctly. How many of those guys are favored? What would it take for Buckeye to pass them?
Just can't fathom that this Graham dynasty started when I was in college and now Im in my mid 40's. I've talked to a few people that say Graham is reloading some. Is this the year to catch them, or a sign of the inevitable?

Borofan has Graham predicted: Landis 4th@106, Demarco 7th@126( will be 3rd- 6th), Hughes 2nd@138, Tucker 1st@144, Kholer 5th@165( will be 1st- 2nd), Cramblett 1st@175. While Buckeye has Bartos 1st@113, Limbert 1st@120, Beckett 3rd@144, King 1st@157, Neitenbach 1st@190. If all plays out, Buckeye will pull out the tight victory( no pun intended). Bonus points are gonna be major( no pun intended). As for reloading, right, Graham is going nowhere soon.

It would appear that Graham is pulling away this morning in the consi’s
Dropping both 3rd place matches didn't help the team race. .

Anyone know what the points look like in the finals? What do you get for first? What do you get for decision, major, techniques pin?

Dropping both 3rd place matches didn't help the team race. .

Anyone know what the points look like in the finals? What do you get for first? What do you get for decision, major, techniques pin?
Iirc, the winner gets 4 points for a regular decision, +1 for major, +1.5 for tech fall, +2 for pin or forfeit/DQ. The loser’s points have already been factored in the team score.

Iirc, the winner gets 4 points for a regular decision, +1 for major, +1.5 for tech fall, +2 for pin or forfeit/DQ. The loser’s points have already been factored in the team score.
SPG needs to get 9+ in finals to seal the deal. So it will compelling ending. SPG doesn't see very often.

Last edited:
Graham has now won the last 23 contested state tournaments (2001-2019, 2021-2024). It is my opinion that they would have not won the 2020 state title had the state tournament not been canceled, Louisville entered as pre-tournament favorites based on district performance and state draws; that being said, we'll never know.

23 in a row. It doesn’t get nearly enough attention. The greatest record in Wrestling and maybe one of the greatest in US HS sports. Like to see what else out there compares.

watterson has Lindsay and rowlands adding to their points next year. I know SPG has a lot of uppers coming in that will help right away. The d2 race is gonna stay fun
Watterson returns all 83 points from this year. Graham returns 81.5. That being said Graham is definitely the favorite. Going to be interesting to see how many of their high end freshman Graham can fit into the lineup next year. Lots of really good upperweights, plus Stull who was a backup this year, but not a lot holes to fill with Tucker at 144, Kohler at 165, Mannier at 190, and Hoke at 215. Crazy situation for them given that even Graham’s very best teams struggled to fill the upperweights while their lower and middle weights were stacked. Now it seems to have switched, their strength is their middle/upper weights and the lower weights have a few holes.

Graham has now won the last 23 contested state tournaments (2001-2019, 2021-2024). It is my opinion that they would have not won the 2020 state title had the state tournament not been canceled, Louisville entered as pre-tournament favorites based on district performance and state draws; that being said, we'll never know
#Grahampinwin

23 in a row. It doesn’t get nearly enough attention. The greatest record in Wrestling and maybe one of the greatest in US HS sports. Like to see what else out there compares.
Fake News. Maybe if the did that in D1. Plenty of years that they might have won D1 but not 23 in a row. Ed's is still king but SPG isn't far behind. This is coming from a Wildcat who pays Prepper tuition.

Watterson returns all 83 points from this year. Graham returns 81.5. That being said Graham is definitely the favorite. Going to be interesting to see how many of their high end freshman Graham can fit into the lineup next year. Lots of really good upperweights, plus Stull who was a backup this year, but not a lot holes to fill with Tucker at 144, Kohler at 165, Mannier at 190, and Hoke at 215. Crazy situation for them given that even Graham’s very best teams struggled to fill the upperweights while their lower and middle weights were stacked. Now it seems to have switched, their strength is their middle/upper weights and the lower weights have a few holes.
Returners for 24-25
Landis
Root
Demarco
Krueger
Tucker
Kohler
Manner
Hoke
Marshall
Stull should see the lineup this yesr

Incoming freshman
Hoke
Breslin
Shoemaker
Morris
Krieger
Rice

Returners for 24-25
Landis
Root
Demarco
Krueger
Tucker
Kohler
Manner
Hoke
Marshall
Stull should see the lineup this yesr

Incoming freshman
Hoke
Breslin
Shoemaker
Morris
Krieger
Rice
You forgot about
Incoming freshman:
Winemiller Jh champ
Crooks Jh champ
Souders
Mannier
Angel

Hoke, Crooks, Souders, Winemiller all nationally ranked JH kids

They don’t compete in D1. What’s that have to do with it? Does Marion Local football have less significance because they can’t beat St Ed’s football? No, Totally irrelevant
Yes. Totally Irrelevant to greatest in US sports. Nobody but local Marion's would consider themselves relevant to being considered greatest HS football program ever.

You forgot about
Incoming freshman:
Winemiller Jh champ
Crooks Jh champ
Souders
Mannier
Angel

Hoke, Crooks, Souders, Winemiller all nationally ranked JH kids
Don’t believe Winemiller or Crooks or JH champs yet, that may(probably?) change this weekend though. But yeah that’s what I’m talking about. How many of Crooks, Winemiller, Souders, Hoke, and Stull can they fit in the lineup. Not enough spots for all of them seemingly. Also for returners don’t forget about Kaemmerer, former JH finalist.

Yes. Totally Irrelevant to greatest in US sports. Nobody but local Marion's would consider themselves relevant to being considered greatest HS football program ever.
23 straight is incredible and something hardly any high school program in any sport of any size has ever done. Especially for a small public school in the middle of farm country.

Don’t believe Winemiller or Crooks or JH champs yet, that may(probably?) change this weekend though. But yeah that’s what I’m talking about. How many of Crooks, Winemiller, Souders, Hoke, and Stull can they fit in the lineup. Not enough spots for all of them seemingly. Also for returners don’t forget about Kaemmerer, former JH finalist.
Your right, I think they won there last year of GS, But all were competing for JH titles last year and should be right back in the mix this weekend.

I’m not saying Graham (or Marion Local) are the greatest in their sport. I was saying Grahams run of dominance (against THEIR peers), has to be one of the greatest in HS sports.

If Graham was in NE Ohio, Bucksman would have carpal tunnel posting their praises.

I’m not saying Graham (or Marion Local) are the greatest in their sport. I was saying Grahams run of dominance (against THEIR peers), has to be one of the greatest in HS sports.

If Graham was in NE Ohio, Bucksman would have carpal tunnel posting their praises.
Grahams run is great but Graham folks want to have it both ways. On one hand you will lament the Ed's and Walsh's of the world for recruiting, and in the next sentence you will tout DT as Graham Local Parisian. In the end Graham acts like any other parochial school. Graham has had some great teams but I wasn't the person saying "greatest in HS sports." That's hyperbole. Total dominance of teams that rarely can field a full lineup doesn't do it for me when I think about "greatest of all time". Brecksville gymnastics is D1 and they have won 21 straight. Nobody is on here crowing how they are greatest HS sports program ever. Just one man's opinion and you are more than entitled to yours.

Are the Hokes currently on the Graham team Joe's kids? I lost contact with him a while ago but wasn't sure. Same with Demarco is he Josh's son?