Division I - Region 2 Championship: Springfield (11-1) vs. Dublin Coffman (10-2)

Who wins?

• Dublin Coffman by 15+

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Dublin Coffman by 8-14

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Dublin Coffman by 1-7

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Springfield by 8-14

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Springfield by 15+

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seen both teams. I give Springfield edge because they can run ball on Dublin. Northmont couldn’t run ball on Dublin. That was the difference in their 17. 7 loss. But then again northmont couldn’t run ball on anyone this year. I believe b very close. Respect for both teams.

3 common opponents and if you compare scores, these 2 teams look as even as it gets. Springfield seems to have the better defense, and I always go with defense in games like this. I’ll go

Springfield 28
Coffman 21

Any comments about the game? I have no idea about Coffman. Should be a really good game at this juncture of the season, Springfield is very tough on both sides of the ball.

I have seen both teams play twice this season and expect Springfield to win by 10 ish. That true dual threat attack keeps everyone on their toes and is incredibly difficult to defend. Looking for the Wildcats to represent the GWOC at State!

Coffman will need to stop the run and press Stephens at the LOS with a safety help over the top. On offense, Coffman will need to throw the ball to win. Springfield run defense is very good but the ball can be moved against their secondary. This game will come down to turnovers.

Springfield is the favorite here no question , , not a large one . It must be noted that the Coffman team week one playing Northmont didn’t have Drennan ( truth is they usually play without him and he sat out second half last night and I would guess he doesn’t play next week as he is out there less than half the time in his “ career “ )

And Threats wasn’t a feature back as he is now . Mathews at QB is much better now than he was in his first start . Springfield has a very good defense no doubt and Coffman with two keys returning starters from last years defense who haven’t played at all this year is not quite as good as S- Field on defense . Also not sure how healthy Coffman is ( Drennan and 2-3 others dinged)

Rocks need to play better than they did last night or they have little chance to win . 2 turnovers 75 yards in penalties, two onside kick given up , and a myriad of other little things that need to cleaned up .

Springfield probably a 10 point favorite ? May be a bit less
I don’t think they should b a huge favorite. I think they pretty equal. I just think Springfield will b able run ball on them a little better than other teams. Would t nesc say springfield a huge favorite. I personally flip a coin. I think b decided by a field goal or less

I wish I could go this game. Think b very good game between the 2 best teams in the region. Both these teams r legit to b where they r.

First class post on Twitter by Coach Minton.

Attachments

• 1F1CFC19-6CC4-4C38-A154-3ABF631BBCF5.png
    1F1CFC19-6CC4-4C38-A154-3ABF631BBCF5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Coffman will roll 3+ scores
Yea. Not buying that. Think these two even. Wasn’t overly impressed with either. With that being said I do think these were the two best teams in the region. Not a slam. Just think the region as a whole was a little down. And don’t think fair well against region 4. I could b wrong Been wrong before. Anyway I’ll follow online and expect two good teams to battle till the end

Coffman will roll 3+ scores

No Coffman fan is thinking this . Any time you see a new member post something stupid with nothing backing it up
he’s doing it for apurpose . My guess is he’s a Springfield plant trying to fire someone up

No Coffman fan is thinking this . Any time you see a new member post something stupid with nothing backing it up
he’s doing it for apurpose . My guess is he’s a Springfield plant trying to fire someone up
I 'm thinking he is a Springboro fan.

I've seen both teams multiple times... will be rooting for the CATS but if I was a gambling man I put my money on Coffman.

Get it done CATS!