Division 2 Final No. 8 Cincinnati Wyoming (18-2-2) vs. No. 3 Bay Village Bay (17-2-3)

I see this one as a true 50/50. Impressively, looking over the results both teams seem to be playing their best soccer in the tournament.

I'll take Wyoming 2-1 for nothing other than being a SW homer.

I don't know much about Wyoming, but it does seem like Bay is playing as well as they've done all season. I'll say 2-1 Bay in OT

From 2005 to now, Bay is now in their 6th state final after playing in their 11th state semifinal game on Wednesday night. They have not won a state title in that stretch of time.

Wyoming wins their first state championship 1-0. They outscored their opponents 38-3 in the tournament. Incredible accomplishment for a team from SW Ohio!

Really good game to watch in person.

Wyoming reminded me a lot of Tippecanoe. No real finishers but solid players all over the field. A team's team. No weakness really defensively. Goalkeeper played a fantastic game coming off his line to deny several through balls. MOTM for me.

For Bay I thought Jacobs was obviously great but otherwise thought they were way too conservative. They were subbing late in the game for extra time after all. If they go for it more I think they win 2-0. Instead they sat a lot and invited trouble to what appeared to be a shaky back line and keeper.

As one coach said last year, I'm either gonna win this thing 5-0 or lose it 5-0.

If Bay takes that approach I think they win this game.

Kudos to Wyoming though. What a way to win a state title.

Really good game to watch in person.

Wyoming reminded me a lot of Tippecanoe. No real finishers but solid players all over the field. A team's team. No weakness really defensively. Goalkeeper played a fantastic game coming off his line to deny several through balls. MOTM for me.

For Bay I thought Jacobs was obviously great but otherwise thought they were way too conservative. They were subbing late in the game for extra time after all. If they go for it more I think they win 2-0. Instead they sat a lot and invited trouble to what appeared to be a shaky back line and keeper.

As one coach said last year, I'm either gonna win this thing 5-0 or lose it 5-0.

If Bay takes that approach I think they win this game.

Kudos to Wyoming though. What a way to win a state title.
Perfect analogy. Wyoming is a lot like Tippecanoe. Hard work and intensity and real team first defending thats hard to beat. Pound it forward, hit you hard, rely on long throws and corners to create most of their chances. Also agree that Bay gave the game away by being too conservative. Which played into Wyoming's strengths. My live stream cut out a few times and I think I must have missed a crazy scramble in front of Wyoming's goal a few minutes before Wyoming scored, there were a couple of those in first half too. Commentators said Wyoming scored on their only shot on goal apparently. Kudos to Wyoming for being opportunistic.

Jones posted videos of goal line clearances in their district and regional game. I think they had 3 goal line clearances from field players in the state championship including one at the very last second. Would love to know how you practice that ?

Jones posted videos of goal line clearances in their district and regional game. I think they had 3 goal line clearances from field players in the state championship including one at the very last second. Would love to know how you practice that ?
Can you post the link for this, Cincy_Futbol?!

Teaching your defenders awareness. Don't have to teach them how to physically clear the ball, just on being aware of where their teammates are, particularly their keeper. The rest is natural soccer IQ which can't necessarily be teached as opposed to given the proper environments to grow and flourish. That usually means playing on and against high level competition.

Last edited:
Cincy_Futbol, I knew when this happened it wasn't going to be our night. Wyoming was on a mission and deserved it. Can you tell me where this entire Tipp v Wyoming game broadcast can be found? Is it online somewhere?
I am not sure where the clips came from. I cannot find it on YouTube.