Division 1 State Semi-Final: Mentor (9-1) vs Pickerington Central (10-0)

Kipp being out is a contact tracing issue.
What event would he be at when the team is making a run in football? I mean there are high schools having all their athletes online only at this point.

More bad luck for Mentor. We are snake bitten. I said we've found every which way to lose . Now we get covid ending our year

Honestly prob wouldn't have beaten pc anyways but it's a shame that we will never know or have a chance to see it

Now it's a bloodbath game. Can't underestimate the starting qb importance at Mentor. It's like taking Manning or brady off their teams and playing a jacoby brissett type. The sophomore could be good eventually but he isn't ready for this

Awful news (if true). So looking forward to seeing Kipp and his magic vs. PC (my team)... I will relay one story though. My junior year of H.S. in Virginia, state semi-finals - both teams were undefeated. Their star QB went down w/ an injury in the prior game. FB moved to QB. In 1st qtr, our star RB (and future college star) suffers separated shoulder... we lose 12-6. Freezing cold night. Lifetime bad memory.

This is especially devastating to Mentor because they now resemble 95% of PC’s opponents over the last 10 years.
PC has way too much experience against bad teams. Expect them to lean on that experience tonight.

Awful news (if true). So looking forward to seeing Kipp and his magic vs. PC (my team)... I will relay one story though. My junior year of H.S. in Virginia, state semi-finals - both teams were undefeated. Their star QB went down w/ an injury in the prior game. FB moved to QB. In 1st qtr, our star RB (and future college star) suffers separated shoulder... we lose 12-6. Freezing cold night. Lifetime bad memory.
News herald tweeting confirms it

We got to the final 8 in basketball. Covid ended the tournament

Now we get to the final 4 and lose our most important player to covid.

I do think PC would have beaten us. But it hurts even more that we have no shot and won't see it for certain

If it was my son he would be playing. Period

I can guarantee you he would not have been playing...the school would not have allowed him, your son, or anyone else to play. He’s mandated to stay home by the Lake Co. Health Dept. I can’t even imagine the fine or other issues that Mentor would’ve incurred if they knew he was quarantined and allowed him to play.

FWIW, he was not exposed at school...

Reactions: 4GX
There is no reason why this kid should be sitting out in my opinion. I would be going after that health department

What would you do exactly? "Go after" is pretty nefarious sounding, to be honest. If not bad intentions, what would you do legally. Let's talk reality, not fantasy legal world we are seeing right now. I practice law in the real world every day, not fantasy.

What would you do exactly? "Go after" is pretty nefarious sounding, to be honest. If not bad intentions, what would you do legally. Let's talk reality, not fantasy legal world we are seeing right now. I practice law in the real world every day, not fantasy.
There are ways to take care of things, without a lawsuit you know

• Wow
Reactions: 4GX
I can guarantee you he would not have been playing...the school would not have allowed him, your son, or anyone else to play. He’s mandated to stay home by the Lake Co. Health Dept. I can’t even imagine the fine or other issues that Mentor would’ve incurred if they knew he was quarantined and allowed him to play.

I can't speak to Kipp's contract tracing, but I personally know students who had a class with a student who tested positive this week and now have to go in for Covid testing tomorrow

Aren't you from the suburban league area ? How do you know where he was exposed ?

4th down stop for Tigers deep in own territory. 14-0 end of 1st.
1st play of 2nd quarter Wallace keeper for 92yd td. 21-0 Tigers.

Tigers missing a bunch of chances to put this game away w/sloppy play, penalties. Mentor kids are really playing hard, kudos to them.